FIFA 09 PS3/360 Discussion Thread

Some random stuff, you all know how much I love random... VIDEO OF BALL STOPPING COMPLETELY DEAD WHEN BEING BLASTED INTO A WATER BOTTLE

One of my players putting their foot through some Huddersfield Town player's bollocks:

822A0001_1_JPEG_SCREENSHOT_Daj.jpg

And an arty shot I decided to take at 4am for no real reason:

822A0001_2_JPEG_SCREENSHOT_iny.jpg

Oooo that looks awesome!! Haven't seen this in game yet myself but to be honest I was hardly on it yesterday, was this in manager mode by the way or another mode?

I think it happens in either. This looks like an exhibition match but Nick Cave saw snow the other day in his MM. All we need now is rain to be visible in tele cam and I think Placebo put that point to Rutter on the forums.

Can't believe you still haven't got a copy Placebo.

I was hoping the snow would be a bit heavier to be honest. Not as heavy as it is in Madden where the whole pitch is covered, but that just looks a bit lazy when compared to Madden's weather effects.

Just played som BAP Season and the fucking rating meter bugged out completely. I could only get minus ratings so it just keeped dropping even when I assisted to a goal! Then for maybe 5 ingame minutes it worked again so I got plus marks for passes, josteling and so on. The cpu scored and it was broken again for the rest of the game. Ended up with a 6 rating when it should have been around 9. Going to write about this in official board. This is not the first time this happens to me but it's the first time it is almost the whole game... ruins the BAPS mode for me because you need the ratings do advance. I mean how the fuck can they not notice this when they test the game.

Edit: More people have reported this bug... amazing...

OK, I posted about this in the official forum and I think I have found a solution on this one. In my bug report I did know that it came back after I hit a long through ball, but thought it was just coincidence. But Now in my next match I get the same problem with the ratings after only 20 minutes. So I try to hit a long through ball and it came back! A while later I noticed the positive marks never came so I tried hitting a bunch of different passes/crosses but only when I hit a long through ball it came back! Weird really, but it works for me.

So if anyone had this problem in BAPS just hit a long through ball, doesn't matter if it is successful, and report back if it works for you too.

Edit: Oh crap I just played another match, after 10 minutes I stopped getting good ratings. Hit fucking through balls the whole time and nothing. Not a single positive rating after those 10 minutes... this is starting to piss me off. It worked every time in the other game. Seems like it bug out more often too. Tried crossing, shooting, everything but nothing worked... FUCK... thought I found a solution...

Last edited:
I was hoping the snow would be a bit heavier to be honest. Not as heavy as it is in Madden where the whole pitch is covered, but that just looks a bit lazy when compared to Madden's weather effects.

Yeah if it was too heavy the game would be abandoned. I do agree that they should have a thin coating of snow though. Would look very Christmassy.

Last edited:
Wow..what exactly do you mean? was the final version so different than the Demo?

it's just the typical feeling i had with ea games over the past years...i was really enthusiastic about last years demo awell, but sold my copy after just a week. i can't put my finger on it, everything is there, but still something lacks for me personally. maybe it is just the amount of small bugs and missing details put together that add up for an experience i can't really enjoy. :((

(starting with the huge amount of missing goalkeeper kits, the ugly looking fonts, lack of licenses in serie a, the through ball bug, imo still bad responsiveness of players, the 1vs1 tackling with X that will get you the ball allmost everytime etc., i could go on forever what i dislike, maybe it is just right for most of you - for me it sadly isn't. :( )

I read on here that if you all your edited player changes are overiden when downloading something online. Has this been reported to EA and or fixed?

I will have to make lots of changes to players next week when I get my copy and don't want experience this.

I've played the demo of this yesterday. Pretty good might I say. Love the enormous amount of little details that give the game a sense of realism. But I prefer the "other" style of play. It's a win-win for me this year for the consumer.

Anyone listened to the latest PES Podcast?

That Adam guy is a joke. He's clearly a fanboy, all he ever talked about was Fifa - then he kept reassuring fellow fanboy's by saying "Again guys - we're only mentioning Fifa because it's just been released". They might as well re-name it "The Fifa Podcast"

Last edited:
They can't talk bad about PES at WENB because this year they work more closely to Konami than last year. If they start to be honest about the game Konami wont give them earlier copies, no more play testing and so on. That is why one should never care what people like that says. Forums like this is the only place where you can get honest opinions.

it's just the typical feeling i had with ea games over the past years...i was really enthusiastic about last years demo awell, but sold my copy after just a week. i can't put my finger on it, everything is there, but still something lacks for me personally. maybe it is just the amount of small bugs and missing details put together that add up for an experience i can't really enjoy. :((

(starting with the huge amount of missing goalkeeper kits, the ugly looking fonts, lack of licenses in serie a, the through ball bug, imo still bad responsiveness of players, the 1vs1 tackling with X that will get you the ball allmost everytime etc., i could go on forever what i dislike, maybe it is just right for most of you - for me it sadly isn't. :( )

Sorry to hear that lad. There are some missing licenses for Seria A? I wasn't aware.

I don't have my final copy yet, but I am sure the through-ball bug will be fixed eventually with an online patch. The fonts thing is unacceptable in my opinion as well, I would like for the numbers to be bigger so they are discernable from a distance, howeve I can live with it. The responsiveness of players based on the Demo, which I am playing to death and hope the final version is the same if not better, is just right for me. It just takes a matter of getting used to, and mastering using each players strenghts and weaknesses to your advantage on the pitch. It took me quite a while to get used to this different more realistic type of responsiveness but it is well worth it in the end and mimics real life as it should be. The 1v1 tackling with the new collision engine is a beauty for me. It doesn't get me the ball everytime, I sometimes misjudge as in real life and get carded. Other times when timed perfectly while running shoulder to shoulder with my opponent, I cleanly yet violently sweep the ball from my opponent's feet as I watch with delight how my opponent is also taken out ruthlessly in the process. This works wonders for me and it 9 out of 10, when I get carded, it is usually for a mistimed tackle on my part.

All in all mate I have to disagree with you respectfully. Judging from the Demo, the game has a lot to offer in terms of gameplay. My stance has somewhat changed in the last couple of weeks with this game. I have to admit I was a bit harsh in the past and didn't really give it the proper dedication I should have. After countless of games though, this game truly plays a beautiful game of futbol in it's own right. The shots do go where you want them to go giving your using the right player to shoot. The collision system makes such a huge difference on tackles and ball control, the headers have been improved to where you can actually control them by properly timing them. I can really run into the ball to pound some nice headers into the goal now as opposed to previous versions. The off the ball player movements and tactics work wonders! You really do feel the difference in certain players such as Drogba, Ashley Cole, Robinho etc.. in terms of strengh, shots and feel. There are a number of unpredictable ways you can score goals and more importantly, that satisfying and fulfilling feeling you get from scoring as it has been with PES games IS there!!!

Last night, in the 90th minute, I took the ball and began building the play up from defense. I brought the ball up with Carvahlo to J.Cole who then passed to Essien, who cut inside to serve Ballack. Ballack held the ball a bit too long and just as the opponent stabbed in for a steal, he managed to poke the ball in the knick of time ahead to an oncoming unmarked Lampard down the midfield. I then took control of Lampard and at about 28m out, shot a viciously low driven shot through traffic that caught Casillas off guard as he desperately extended his right hand to avoid the ball from whizzing by him, just inches from his fingers kissing the woodwork and into the lower right corner of the net.

I damn near took my shirt off as I celebrated with astonishment and delight around the room.

I wish I would have recorded it with my vid cam to show you what a beauty of a goal this was. Truly Brilliant!

I will definately be getting this game for the 360 and hope it hasn't changed much from the Demo in a negative way. The game needs patience that' well worth it. Master it, and play it to death as I have done with the Demo. Only then will you be able to see the precious gem that it is.

Hats off to EA for a cracking game!

Anyone who is a life long PES player and FIFA hater as I was, really needs to put it out of their head and just play FIFA for a good two or three weeks at least and just re learn, also get off the sprint and go back and across field instead of attack attack attack...
Even now I still find it hard to keep off the sprint button...;))

I think it happens in either. This looks like an exhibition match but Nick Cave saw snow the other day in his MM. All we need now is rain to be visible in tele cam and I think Placebo put that point to Rutter on the forums.

Can't believe you still haven't got a copy Placebo.

The snow looks awesome and if you watch that video closely do you see how high the ball bounces from a long kick? It's like it's actually hitting ice hard ground...

As for seeing the rain... I think it's more realistic that you can't see the rain in the normal camera mode. Did anyone watch the Blackburn - United game this weekend? It's was a total downpour and the rain was barely visible until the close up replays were shown. I think it's completely realistic in the game and should stay how it is.

Just a quick question for those who have the game. On 10 vs 10 what happens after you get red carded?? Do you have to watch the match?? Do you turn into the goalie?? What exactly happens???

Still waitin till the 14th man its killin me.

Just a quick question for those who have the game. On 10 vs 10 what happens after you get red carded?? Do you have to watch the match?? Do you turn into the goalie?? What exactly happens???

Still waitin till the 14th man its killin me.

You watch the game with a big message on the bottom of the screen saying you've been sent off and can only spectate now.

I read on here that if you all your edited player changes are overiden when downloading something online. Has this been reported to EA and or fixed?

I will have to make lots of changes to players next week when I get my copy and don't want experience this.

Same problem as Fifa08, same solution as Fifa08, save two or more copies of your edited roster.

I save 1 called Manager, then 1 called Online, only the last one saved gets overwritten, which would be the online one, however that said Fifa09 seems to have introduced an online only squad file which is invisible except for when wanting to delete it, so it's possible this means that offline squads actually won't be overwritten by the online squad file.......

I couldn't do this as well, however I logged onto the ea sports world website last night and messed around with my profile etc and then tonight I was able to upload my replays without a problem.

Are you on PS3 or 360?

What exactly did you do to your profile?

This is bugging the hell out of me. I can upload screenshots fine but cannot do videos - just keeps telling me the EAsports football world website is unavailable.:((

Since I am in the US, dont have the game just yet. But I like to play on semi and manual. When playing online, can you see the other players controller set up? I remember asking if we could "force" the opposing player into our controller set up, but I think someone said you can just see their set up. So I was hoping one of you with the game can shed some light on this subject. Thanks.

It's been working for videos for me on PS3 since this morning. But I've touched nothing!

Good stuff - will try it when i get in from work. I found uploading videos to be extremely hit and miss in 08 and have not been able to upload a single one in 09. Hopefully it is now working and will continue to work unlike last year when it only seemed to work when i was trying to upload rubbish just to see if it was working only for it to revert to not working the next time i scored a scorcher:LOL:

Since I am in the US, dont have the game just yet. But I like to play on semi and manual. When playing online, can you see the other players controller set up? I remember asking if we could "force" the opposing player into our controller set up, but I think someone said you can just see their set up. So I was hoping one of you with the game can shed some light on this subject. Thanks.

you can search for people on - Any / Manual / Assisted. problem is for people on semi, :(. the problem also is that, because the game is so new, your very very lucky to find anyone on manual.

can anyone tell what stadia it was that it snowed in from the vid...i know its hard...but becasue david said the snow (weather effects) are regional...i want to know what that stadia is so that i can experience it for my myself...any suggestion?

the invisible player bug from euro 2008 has made its appearance once for me as well in exhibition :TD:

said invisible player tackled me and then ran down the wing and set up the cross for the winner :((

Same boat as you, waiting for the release next week!

To help answer you question, I recall some time a go that Rutter mentioned there will be different game lobbies that you only have access to if you have all manual controls etc. Hopefully that is there because nothing beats playing an opponent when both of you are all manual!

Back
Top Bottom