FIFA 09 PS3/360 Discussion Thread

This is severely fucking me off now - I still cannot save one single fucking replay. What cunt decided it'd be a good idea to force people to connect to a server to upload a sodding replay?

I couldn't do this as well, however I logged onto the ea sports world website last night and messed around with my profile etc and then tonight I was able to upload my replays without a problem.

I indent to get a ps3 during the month of octomber mainly for this brilliant fifa 09(i never played it). I have a question.What is the best controller to play the game. Is sisaxis any accurate(for fifa)?Whats best the ps3 controller or 360's for fifa?

imho the 360 controler is a lot better for analog control, and fifa is supposed(meant) to be played with the analog stick.

said that i play in my ps3 with the d-pad and im loving it lol

one thing i would say is that the analog sucks in the PS controller

imho the 360 controler is a lot better for analog control, and fifa is supposed(meant) to be played with the analog stick.

said that i play in my ps3 with the d-pad and im loving it lol

one thing i would say is that the analog sucks in the PS controller

Is there any other controllers for ps3 better than Sisaxis for Fifa?

Whilst the PS3 servers are playing up tonight, I tried another couple of random off-line Be-a-Pro matches to try the variety of styles of football.

First tried a Serie B match between Bari and Modena and it was exactly like a typical Italian league match. Short passing, patient build up, probing, waiting for a chance to emerge, generally very tight in midfield but very technical. Not many chances created but we edged them out 2-0.

Then tried a Championship match Burnley v Watford and it still amazes how different the same game can play. It was a completely different style to the Italian match. High tempo, lots of scrappy midfield play, plenty of long pass, wing play, crosses into the box, ball in the air far more, lots of aggression, lots of huff and puff, a good, old fashioned British match.

I simply hadn't been expecting this from the game. It makes me wonder what they'll come up with next year.

OMG :SS:DOH:

The right analog stick is used for curl? :CALM:

Didn't know what, teaches me for not reading the manaul lol

shit me neither...doh!

I think he mistakenly referred to the Right Analog Stick rather than the Left. The Left is used for curl. I've never had any reason to touch the Right one during a freekick, but I don't think it would do anything as far as curl goes. :)

EDIT: Or were you being sarcastic? :)

In my manager mode with Luton Town alot of my players are getting tired. Nearly all of my squad is on red or low yellow energy bars. I only have 4 players in the entire squad (including reserves) that are on green. Is there any way to rest the team? My squad rotation has been torn to shreads. Everyone is tired and as a result I got knocked out of the League Cup first round against Rotherham!

i want to disable it as well

seriously m8, its the worst "great" feature ever...
its totally stupid to have a guy at 92 rating just cause he scored a hat trick in the weekend....that doesnt make him a better player instantly.

and i just cant find how to deactivate this...if i know it would be like that i would sign up a league i never play with like the mexican league, just to have the squad update.

I really do not mind Live Season. It's been fun going online as Spurs and having an even bigger challenge than normal against Premiership opposition, or playing Hull or Wigan online knowing we're now just as good as them, if not worse, due to current form. Still got a good ratio on 1vs1 however, 7 wins 3 losses, I've used Spurs every game and beaten Inter & AC Milan. Feels good knowing I can watch Arsenal lose after the next round of Premiership games and go on FIFA with my even more-worsened Spurs trying to pull off the impossible, the dream that could turn around Spurs real life fortunes, it's all down to me!

Someone lock me up.

found it
my fifa09->game opitions->Advanced -> Adidas live season there u have it..

thank god...
i just dont like the idea that one game can make a player better/worst that much...i thought they would adjust stats a bit more lighter..not that harsh

I couldn't do this as well, however I logged onto the ea sports world website last night and messed around with my profile etc and then tonight I was able to upload my replays without a problem.

That's the thing, my EA Sports Football World account is duplicated. The website has one profile, and my PSN Network name has another (on the same fucking username.) Try explaining that. I have emailed EA through their standard website (fuck knows why the Football World web page doesn't have its own contact details, other than to prevent people with problems 'bothering' them)

seriously m8, its the worst "great" feature ever...
its totally stupid to have a guy at 92 rating just cause he scored a hat trick in the weekend....that doesnt make him a better player instantly.

and i just cant find how to deactivate this...if i know it would be like that i would sign up a league i never play with like the mexican league, just to have the squad update.

they dont become better players instantly :SS as if they perform bad next week their rating will go down

i dont think you got what Adidas season is about :| its about capturing the performance of a player in the latest match

put my copy up for sale, i just don't seem to get into it. demo promised more then what actually came out in the end, quite dissapointed tbh.

they dont become better players instantly :SS as if they perform bad next week their rating will go down

i dont think you got what Adidas season is about :| its about capturing the performance of a player in the latest match

i dont agree...
i think its ok to show the latest macth performance, but update the stats more carefully..not so radicall like what theyr making.

In my manager mode with Luton Town alot of my players are getting tired. Nearly all of my squad is on red or low yellow energy bars. I only have 4 players in the entire squad (including reserves) that are on green. Is there any way to rest the team? My squad rotation has been torn to shreads. Everyone is tired and as a result I got knocked out of the League Cup first round against Rotherham!

Perhaps you have adjusted tactics etc to be a bit above what your team can perform?

Perhaps try customizing the tactics so that your players don't press as hard, run as much, etc. Also, since the real life "fatigue" scenario isn't completely replicated (you can sprint with a player who, because of his low stamina level, wouldn't have taken a certain run in real life), you might just have to calm your playing style down, change formation to allow for slow possession football with alot of calm passages to avoid wearing your players down. You might have to play some sh*t football on purpose, in other words... :)

i'm getting better and better at the game. loving it so far.

as i keep saying, there's niggles everywhere but i can overlook them for the gameplay. my goodness.

i only wish they had longer replays on 360 version and the ability to upload longer vids.

speaking of that, i have an awesome goal for ya. i just managed to get the goal in, but the skill from Hleb beforehand is exceptional.

here it is:

http://www.eafootballworld.com/en_GB/video/1183736

minows of spanish football = owned. :lol:
playing as barca at the mo (for fun). world class is deffo my level. its always a tight game with the possibility of scoring cropping up often (as i'm barca). i've put the build-up speed high as well as the creation. and the passing is up high too. this means i have runner everywhere. barca are beastly with this. their best form of defense is literally attack.

i have xavi, hleb and iniesta in midfield :lol: BEASTLY.

man, the atmosphere is insane in this game. coming out at old trafford or the neu camp is epic. flags and scarves etc. i actually got a little tense before my first online match as we left the cinematics to run. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom