FIFA 09 PS3/360 Discussion Thread

do we know if ea is aware of the "can't change squad number" bug in manager mode? and any idea if it will be possible to fix this via a downloadable patch?

I found this bug too (360 version).
Started management mode with Man Utd.
After 3 or 4 games and negotiations i managed to buy Benzema from Lyon and the game gave him the number 2 shirt and gave Gaz Neville the number 19.
Wierd.

Is there another way of setting weather effects up I'm missing? I played six games last night with my MM and had all bright and sunny though I should have overcast?

Is there any option to do weather. Everygame I have played has been bright and sunny. Can I change it to randomise?

Still some annoyances for me:

2) Anyone who complains about PES run animations and not FIFAs is on crack! They are awful - but the other animations are good.

Number 2 really bugs me. I've never played PES, only the demos, and that's the first thing that came to mind when I saw that cartoonish running animation. A little too much tweaking in some areas between FIFA08 and FIFA 09. Should've just kept last year's.

I really hope EA will release a patch to fix the bugs in BAPS. It's so fking irritating! I really love to play this mode because it's brilliant in so many ways. But at the same time it's so messed up! You get a "-PASS" when you're not even near the damn ball and I'm not pressing the pass button! I took 4 shots in one game but still I failed to reach the objective of taking 2 shots...! And it's useless to play as a winger because every cross that you deliver into the box gives you a big fat minus in your rating if your strikers fails to head the ball.

I just don't understand how these issues were not taken care of before release. Didn't they test the damn game?!

Is there another way of setting weather effects up I'm missing? I played six games last night with my MM and had all bright and sunny though I should have overcast?

You have to set it for the stadium you're about to play your next match in, so assuming your home, go start an exhibition with the team you're playing as in MM, change to overcast, then back out to the main menu, load your manager mode, save your manager mode, that should now lock your home stadium to overcast, now start the next match and it should be overcast :)

Anyone who is a life long PES player and FIFA hater as I was, really needs to put it out of their head and just play FIFA for a good two or three weeks at least and just re learn, also get off the sprint and go back and across field instead of attack attack attack...
Even now I still find it hard to keep off the sprint button...;))

i know i know, i really tried and i really wanted to love it, i think their approach is excellent - but i couldn't get into it the way i really need to to enjoy a game. :((

sent it out to the buyer today and i can't say i am missing it THAT much. :SS;))

You have to set it for the stadium you're about to play your next match in, so assuming your home, go start an exhibition with the team you're playing as in MM, change to overcast, then back out to the main menu, load your manager mode, save your manager mode, that should now lock your home stadium to overcast, now start the next match and it should be overcast :)

I just thought about something that could randomize MM a bit... If you know which stadiums you are going to be playing in, you could do this setting across all of them before starting manager mode so as to randomize it.

Say you set all Ivy Hall or whatever games to "overcast" - you should be able to play all of those games throughout MM as overcast... Do the same with whatever other stadiums. It would take some time but it's very doable.

As far as snow, you would guess that Germany would have snow games while England would have more rainy games...

Does this sound reasonable?

I saw that sidestep bug on a through ball in that review video. Never seen that when I played. Is this a PS3 bug only or am I just very lucky?

Anyone listened to the latest PES Podcast?

That Adam guy is a joke. He's clearly a fanboy, all he ever talked about was Fifa - then he kept reassuring fellow fanboy's by saying "Again guys - we're only mentioning Fifa because it's just been released". They might as well re-name it "The Fifa Podcast"

Yes I did and adams comments in that section

fifa been the game with 4 midfielders and defenders he must have forgot we have custom formations now and he said in ''pes'' you counter attack ''you also do in fifa adam''

Its a podcast for PES, there is no way they are going to slag off the game that made the blog as successful as it is!

This is the FIFA Thread anyway ;))

Yes I did and adams comments in that section

fifa been the game with 4 midfielders and defenders he must have forgot we have custom formations now and he said in ''pes'' you counter attack ''you also do in fifa adam''

I Have had some killer counter attacks on fifa.

DJ Dave does make some good points!

It looks like EA have got the gameplay right but they gotta work on Manager Mode. It should be so much better.

is it just me or is the fact you can't actually run at anyone with the ball really starting to piss you off.

I have ronaldo right, probably the quickest player with quality ball control in the world, i'm 15 yards away but driving at richard dunne and without the slightest worry as i try to jink past him he sticks out a leg and wins the ball.

I loved 08 and I am liking 09 but i'm just not having fun. Is there something wrong with me?

is it just me or is the fact you can't actually run at anyone with the ball really starting to piss you off.

I have ronaldo right, probably the quickest player with quality ball control in the world, i'm 15 yards away but driving at richard dunne and without the slightest worry as i try to jink past him he sticks out a leg and wins the ball.

I loved 08 and I am liking 09 but i'm just not having fun. Is there something wrong with me?

I think it might be you mate, I am only usually spurs and don't have no trouble running at/past players. I do mostly play it online though.

im finding it OK to take people on but they don't like it and chop me :LOL:

i must have got about 5 people sent off in BAPS and god knows how many booking for gliding past them and hacking me down

I'm like you, I can't dribble past anyone, even with R2 held, they just seem to stick to me and come away with the ball. When they run at me, however, they fool me and my guy takes a second to turn, by which time they're in a different time zone.

Is anyone having a problem online on the PS3 where you can't change teams when playing online, so you can't play at all?

Back
Top Bottom