FIFA 09 PS3/360 Discussion Thread

Re: FIFA 09 - Discussion Thread

It is the feature I wanted after hearing a rumour on the fifa 09 boards 20 days ago so its good it has been confirmed! if that last bit with created players been able to be used online exists the amount of depth in the game bar manager mode been the same is greatly improved! and if the gameplay is a good 15-20% improved from fifa 08 then It will be ''the 1st true next gen football game''

Watching gamespot stream about fifa 09 they will be detailing the mode more extensively in leipzig so I can presume that means we can use created players they said they are focusing on online so they may have another mode for both games as they said leipzig is for the big fifa announcements and then a ps3 exclusive :)

regarding the online stuff sweetkilla, here they talk about fifa skip to 86mins to see the start of it, and a question directed at him at 89.35 and from the guys reaction i would deffo agree that we will have the nhl and nba features announced soon :)

http://uk.gamespot.com/shows/on-the-spot/?tag=topslot;action;1

yeah! can't wait I think PES blew their trumpet abit early forgetting FIFA still have atleast 2 more mode's to announce... (excluding ea sports league)

What the hell was that second video about. What are they celebrating?

Cant really see anything from those vids, apart from the tricks looking very mechanical and the fake GK kit!

They did that in Fantastita on WE10 or 11

Hopefully they add it in this

No, you dont want that. Starting on the bench and having to watch the entire game (whether you put it in double speed or not) is incredibly boring and frustrating as you watch the AI flounder about doing nothing. If they get you to start on the bench, it needs to just cut in when you get subbed in. Starting on the bench and not getting subbed in was the worst part of Fantastita mode no doubt.

ahhhhhhhhh, can't stand the fact EA don't have goalkeeper kits in

Its quite an issue with the keeper kits clashing with the away kits sometimes.It detracts from the realism IMO and could do with some attention PDQ.

I know it's an issue that's been raised internally but sadly they don't consider it a priority.

seriously though, I can't see how difficult, time consuming or exspensive it would be.Quit right its not a priority but its hardly a difficult thing to code.

Well the lack of correct keeper kits is down to budgeting issues, as for a non-clashing type system there seems to be no programming of any kind to factor in kit clashing, half the time I go to the next away match where I'm playing against a blue shirted opponent and they select my home shirt by default.......

Well the lack of correct keeper kits is down to budgeting issues, as for a non-clashing type system there seems to be no programming of any kind to factor in kit clashing, half the time I go to the next away match where I'm playing against a blue shirted opponent and they select my home shirt by default.......

They could allow the player to choose keeper kits the same way you can choose outfield kits before the match. Problem solved.

Seriously though, if a team of patchers can get all the kits looking fantastic in a relatively short space of time (thinking back to the PES PS2 days), why can't the massive team at EA?

I don't buy the budgeting excuse.

Interesting you should say that. I generally only play online and one thing I'd become aware of is how in so many matches, at least one of the keepers kits will clash with the opposition shirts. It happens with such frequency that it's as if they have deliberately coded it so that the keeper take on the same colour shirt of the opposition.

Whats people on about? even FIFA 08 had official goalkeeper kits

I know United and Chelsea's GK kits were official

I wish we could edit GK kits so that, at least, they didn't clash with outfield kits. Obviously no copyright problems with this solution.

It is a little odd that EA do not sort out having offical numbers, fonts and GK kits. It can't be too difficult can it?

Its all down to budget. The projectmanger gets a certain amount and its at his discretion to hand it out to the different departments. From what I have read both years now (08 and 09) they have had the majority go towards the gameplay/engine department and a limited amount going towards the graphics department and whatever other department they have.

Cant say these little things bother me much. I would rather they keep upgrading the gameplay/engine significantly. Still it wold be nice if they can sort out these little things aswell in the near future (...Les Artes......Les Artes EA!)

I wish we could edit GK kits so that, at least, they didn't clash with outfield kits. Obviously no copyright problems with this solution.

Yeah it's a real shame the edit mode in Fifa is so shockingly basic, it's all well and good having an external database team who work on player/team data and stats but if your favourite player of your favourite team completely changes his hairstyle for example in October you're stuck with his old style until February and the data update, obviously that's a minor example but still.....

spot on placebo, edit mode needs to be so much better than it currently is

Yeah it's a real shame the edit mode in Fifa is so shockingly basic, it's all well and good having an external database team who work on player/team data and stats but if your favourite player of your favourite team completely changes his hairstyle for example in October you're stuck with his old style until February and the data update, obviously that's a minor example but still.....

I used to delight in changing David Beckham's hairstyle every other week back in the good old days of PES! :))

The editor should give you the freedom to customise everything such as hairstyles, untucked shirts, ankle tape, boot editor, running and free kick style, shirt name and number fonts, as well as a setting for the home stadium of every team. It's all basic stuff and can add so much to the game, like it does with PES. That way EA can let the fans do some of the hard work.

Perhaps because of the comprehensive licensing EA feel the fans are and happy don't want to customise the game?

I don't see what their problem is - let us edit whatever the hell we want offline - online we have to use the default EA data.

Back
Top Bottom