FIFA 09 PS3/360 Discussion Thread

Re: FIFA 09 - Discussion Thread

I'm not sure if they've all been posted yet, but Suff has to receive them from Adam, edit and convert them, then upload to my FTP and then I have to mirror them and post them with hugely entertaining and fantastic blog posts, it's quite time consuming you know ;)

Also considering Adam works at Ubisoft and is no doubt in the midst of GC preparations.
Suff is in the midst of doing his PHD.
I'm working for Bohemia Interactive in the midst of GC preparations, plus I'm way behind schedule on my Fifa09 data editing tasks (due in no small part by getting zero help from Sheffield Utd fans).

So there's my list of excuses, pretty decent I'm sure you agree ;)

that's fair enough mate, i didn't know it took so much time up

and as a hammers fan, sheff utd ain't my favourite team lol

So what is the console you guys are getting this on? Atm Im leaning towards the ps3 version;

+ d-pad control with dualshock
+ free online
+ English language for me because of bluray

- Graphical difference?

PS3 of course

Online is so much better and easier to play with mates.

oh and the Trophies

Last edited:

dags can you recommend a cable with a link for me please mate

No idea mate, my Dad has one lying around so I nabbed that. I THINK the cable might be causing me a problem, but anyway.

Any HDMI -> DVI cable will do, get them off eBay cheap enough :))

There wont be any trophies in FIFA 09 at release. It might get patched after though. Its a shame since its quite an easy thing to implement even if EA did get the dev firmware late from Sony.

Oh and I too will be getting it on the PS3 due to me playing all my games on it and also most of my friends own one too. :)

LOL

i am guessing you never played on a 360?

All you do on that is go to your friends list then click invite and your friends joins right away......where as on the PS3 the game has to have a "invite" feature other wise you just message back and forth

just saying

I've played games on a 360 but never seen the online side of things.

The invite system sounds very good but I don't have a problem with the messaging via XMB. Works quite well in FIFA 08 (which is what I mostly play)as I just see the message pop up in the top corner and then head straight for the lobby the game will be held in. Obviously not as quick but it's still easy.

Why can't they fix GK kicking? Just watched Chelsea-Arsenal and Cech kicking(from hands) with right feet.

Some improvements for set pieces, but still doesn't look that you can brought up those players you want.

Hopefully I'm wrong, but these kind of things are really annoying and eating realism much more than "dumb goal nets" or "referees missing".

wish ps3 had a vga cable, makes the graphics better i think

No, HDMI is the best one

Played PES08 on 360 through VGA and PES08 on PS3 through HDMI on the same HDTV and the HDMI looks abit better, especially the text

I find it boring to play BAP/BAL to be honest, I was trying to get into it on Euro but it's just not the same as controlling the whole team. All credit to them for including it, I'll have a play with it when I'm bored, but for me traditional games are where it's at. I have much more fun playing manager mode than doing anything else, although online leagues are great when you fill them up with fellow Evo-Webbers, and an online manager mode would be my favourite mode ever.

I'm disappointed that manager mode hasn't had any alterations - I'd be happy if they just added playoffs to the lower leagues, to be honest.

BAP/CYC with a few mates is the best mode ever made

just like real life, you have a go at someone for not passing or making a bad call, being greedy ect :LOL:

never had lag on PS3 apart from GTA when it had server problems and BF bad company for the same reason. With XBL all my games lagged.

i was actually copying a post on the previous page and switching the text around to see if anyone corrected me and told me my opinion was wrong

If the game is a significant improvement then yes, of course. It was brilliant last year, until the button lag became a bit too much. :)

IGN said:
There's a much larger range of motion, or at least that's the way it felt. I was much less inhibited by things like invisible rails or CPU-forced runs. Even though this has been a focus of FIFA for the last few years, it has clearly seen improvements here with 09.
Eases the pain. :)

BAP/CYC with a few mates is the best mode ever made

just like real life, you have a go at someone for not passing or making a bad call, being greedy ect :LOL:

One thing that ruins the realism of CYC is the fact that you can't be substituted or even start games in the bench, i hope they add this in 09.

They did that in Fantastita on WE10 or 11

Hopefully they add it in this

Hope you don't mean that mate, PS Network sucks, there's ALWAYS lag. OK, for Xbox LIVE you need to pay, but that's much better quality. ;)

:LOL: how?

Am playing right now and i see no lag

connection wise PSN and Live are the same except for texture loading issues which u find on Live (Gears)

PSN handle 40 player online games easy with Resistence, No lag
32 player games on Warhawk, No Lag

Features is were Live has the edge but i could care less bcos they will all come to PSN for free plus extras

Last edited:

One thing that ruins the realism of CYC is the fact that you can't be substituted or even start games in the bench, i hope they add this in 09.
y would u wnt to start the game on the bench?, why would i want to watch the stupid CPU kick the ball around?

On the PS2 you could speed the game up so it went at 4x the speed till you came on

After taking in all the news we've had so far, I'm just a bit frustrated that EA can't/wont get the real basics right. Such as:

- Player names and numbers on kits. Is it that hard to use the real fonts like PES has been doing for years?
- Is it that hard to get the league structures right, e.g. play-offs, conferences in MLS etc? As with the above point, EA have the real licenses so why so little attention to detail?
- Saving replays to HDD? Another case of shameless self promotion by EA with EASportsWorld rather than giving the fans a much needed practical feature.
- Allocating a home stadium to any team team in the editor? A simple solution to the Stadio de Las Artes problem, but sounds like this option is not included yet again.

I'm counting down the days to Fifa 09 none the less, but it's frustrating that EA ignore such basics, especially with the resources at their disposal.:brick::brick::brick:

yeah..i scare the player name would be stretch till the shoulder like what they did before. the font and numbers looks more like the make the jersey with just a watercolor and paint themselves :LOL:

After taking in all the news we've had so far, I'm just a bit frustrated that EA can't/wont get the real basics right. Such as:

- Player names and numbers on kits. Is it that hard to use the real fonts like PES has been doing for years?
- Is it that hard to get the league structures right, e.g. play-offs, conferences in MLS etc? As with the above point, EA have the real licenses so why so little attention to detail?
- Saving replays to HDD? Another case of shameless self promotion by EA with EASportsWorld rather than giving the fans a much needed practical feature.
- Allocating a home stadium to any team team in the editor? A simple solution to the Stadio de Las Artes problem, but sounds like this option is not included yet again.

I'm counting down the days to Fifa 09 none the less, but it's frustrating that EA ignore such basics, especially with the resources at their disposal.:brick::brick::brick:

I would like them to spend there time on the things that matter rather than the basics

the basic are easy to do and can be put in last minute

i will hunt you down and kill you if you are wrong

but if you are right i will get kevano to kiss you

The next big addition to the features list of FIFA Soccer 09 is 10-on-10 football. Similar to the idea behind EA Sports Hockey League in NHL 09, ten players on each side of the ball (all but the goalie) are controlled by a human. Players can change their camera angle to their liking, and yes, the Be A Pro prospective is in there. While I didn't get to try it for myself, the developer described a scenario similar to that of NHL. Novice players begin the game by following the ball around in a giant mass until they realize that playing their roles brings quicker success. Real football is key.

I was right

Last edited:

The next big addition to the features list of FIFA Soccer 09 is 10-on-10 football. Similar to the idea behind EA Sports Hockey League in NHL 09, ten players on each side of the ball (all but the goalie) are controlled by a human. Players can change their camera angle to their liking, and yes, the Be A Pro prospective is in there. While I didn't get to try it for myself, the developer described a scenario similar to that of NHL. Novice players begin the game by following the ball around in a giant mass until they realize that playing their roles brings quicker success. Real football is key.

I was right

yea i thought the same when i read it

well i hope you are right... but it still doesn't mention the offline create a player taking him online, but the mention of nhl in the same breath as 10v10 is a good hint

Last edited:

yea i thought the same when i read it

well i hope you are right... but it still doesn't mention the offline create a player taking him online, but the mention of nhl in the same breath as 10v10 is a good hint
it doesn't but it was 1 paragraph and maybe the fifa team want to announce that bit @ leipzig if not atleast the structure is there this year

Back
Top Bottom