FIFA 09 PS3/360 Discussion Thread

Re: FIFA 09 - Discussion Thread

Aye, I'm still holding out desperate hope that the "manager mode hasn't received much love" comment doesn't exclude some little licks and polishes here and there, fingers crossed :)

Placebo no mate you are not alone; I hate the EA soundtracks too - bring on Laibach or even Nessun Dorma (esp. for Serie A)

Well in fairness I don't listen to any music, ever, so wouldn't matter what was on them I wouldn't like it ;) Would prefer they saved the money and licensed something worthwhile, like goalkeeping kits......

Placebo no mate you are not alone; I hate the EA soundtracks too - bring on Laibach or even Nessun Dorma (esp. for Serie A)
i hate them also. music is ver subjective, people have different tastes. its unlikely that you will ever encounter a person that likes every single song u do and vice versa

Not only have I not heard of any of the songs, the only band/artist I've heard of is Tom Jones :LOL:.

I'll stick with Strauss on my stereo. It's not EA's role to define my musical taste.

I only know the Kooks. But I discovered some great bands through the years thanks to the Fifa soundtrack ;)

i hate them also. music is ver subjective, people have different tastes. its unlikely that you will ever encounter a person that likes every single song u do and vice versa

This is not a problem (at least for ps3 owners) with the XMB... Just play your favorite music in-game... :-pp

Don't know about 360...

True that musically people have very different likes/dislikes but personally I turn off the music in Fifa. As for the music in PES...let's not even go there!

Soccer! Football! All around the World!

Well in fairness I don't listen to any music, ever, so wouldn't matter what was on them I wouldn't like it ;) Would prefer they saved the money and licensed something worthwhile, like goalkeeping kits......

don't listen to music?????? are you sure placebo

how can you not listen to music? do you mean just in the game?

Actually, I virtually never listen to any music any more. It's not that I don't like music, I just find I always listen to talk shows on radio (Radio 5 and 4) and never listen to my CDs or mp3s any more. I'm even learning to play violin (and occassionally tinker with the piano), yet never sit down and listen to music. I can't really explain why.

don't listen to music?????? are you sure placebo

how can you not listen to music? do you mean just in the game?

No I never listen to music ever, not whilst working, not whilst biking and such, when biking around/out I listen to audiobooks that's it :)

guys i know i have posted this a few times and its not that important in the scheme of things but have the sorted the appearance of names on the backs of shirts this year. Hate the way its stretched etc. Cant seem to tell from screenies we have seen so far?

I hope your right!!!!

I hope I am as this will be the best addition to the fifa series (IMO) for be a pro fans atleast which I am a major one and confirms what they said last year about having an 11v11 world cup in South Africa :) next year

Last edited:

So what is the console you guys are getting this on? Atm Im leaning towards the ps3 version;

+ d-pad control with dualshock
+ free online
+ English language for me because of bluray

- Graphical difference?

I'd love that mode to be in FIFA. Having a manager scout you because your passing percentage is so high and you're getting loads of tackles in midfield, would be a great feeling :DD

360 ofcourse

Online is so much better and easier to play with mates. also i like the triggers more on the 360

oh and the achievements

So what is the console you guys are getting this on? Atm Im leaning towards the ps3 version;

+ d-pad control with dualshock
+ free online
+ English language for me because of bluray

- Graphical difference?

PS3. Because it's the console I own :LOL:

yeah ps3, although i found previous 360 versions to have sharper graphics

easier to play with mates. also i like the triggers more on the 360

oh and the achievements

It's easy to play mates on PS3 now with XMB.
Trophies will be available aswell, not that I personally give a toss about them.

PS3 for me anyway as that's what I have. Not starting a war with answering above comment, I was just saying, that's all.

It's easy to play mates on PS3 now with XMB.

LOL

i am guessing you never played on a 360?

All you do on that is go to your friends list then click invite and your friends joins right away......where as on the PS3 the game has to have a "invite" feature other wise you just message back and forth

just saying

fifasoccerblog has been really quiet lately, thought that had loads of videos to share

fifasoccerblog has been really quiet lately, thought that had loads of videos to share

I'm not sure if they've all been posted yet, but Suff has to receive them from Adam, edit and convert them, then upload to my FTP and then I have to mirror them and post them with hugely entertaining and fantastic blog posts, it's quite time consuming you know ;)

Also considering Adam works at Ubisoft and is no doubt in the midst of GC preparations.
Suff is in the midst of doing his PHD.
I'm working for Bohemia Interactive in the midst of GC preparations, plus I'm way behind schedule on my Fifa09 data editing tasks (due in no small part by getting zero help from Sheffield Utd fans).

So there's my list of excuses, pretty decent I'm sure you agree ;)

Back
Top Bottom