FIFA 09 PS3/360 Discussion Thread

Re: FIFA 09 - Discussion Thread

was it just me or were the majority of the features highlighted today in pes2009 already in fifa 08 ? apart from a few things that had me interested like konami's be a legend online! using your own created player!!!

meaning fifa 09 really does need that EA Sports League from NHL 09 (imo)

so as not to breech the rules, what from that pro evo 2009 list would you like to see in fifa09? realistically.

for me it's the LED boardings. :)

Legends:
• Online version of ‘Become a Legend’
• Use player created in solo mode
• Play online with other ‘fixed’ position friends
• Intricate play and teamwork rewarded with PES points
• Upload finest moments for others to view and rate

that is what I want to see everything else is already there pretty much and I don't like

I think EA's Be-A-Pro online could be manipulated into a mode like this in future. they just need to get the online structure right.

(i don't want to talk about konami's online issues here but let's say, it left a lot to be desired in 2008...)

Be A Pro kind of rewards you with a higher rating if you're involved enough in the game etc. except it's all done offline. (in euro2008 and fifa08).

Fifa are doing be-a-pro though 4 seasons this year (offline), and i'm betting next year they have plans to take that concept online.

uploading finest moments online has always been possible in fifa next gen. it's very rudimentary though and the camera angles are crap.

nhl already has the online feature my point is it should be in fifa 09 not fifa 2010 have to wait until leipzig for confirmation on new modes for the 360/ps3

I am surprised konami didn't leave the statement until leipzig.. (guess they are building hype)

I'm dubious how much of a mode "Legends" is tbh. The way they describe it makes me think its just be-a-pro with created players for online friendlies. Hardly a mode really. Be-A-Legend/Pro stands or falls with AI, not sure which will be better.

Although I got bored quite quickly of be-a-captain. But then again playing with england/national teams in general never gets me interested. Becoming a Liverpool player could be a lot of fun though.

Nothing in the PES09 list gets me excited. The rather nebulous wordage about improving the control system at first took my interest, but if it was revolutionary, they'd be blowing a thousand trumpets about it...and they're not. So it'll just be tweaks on the current dated, scripted system.

From the news we've had so far of the 2 games, I'd expect FIFA09 to be superior to PES09 in nearly every respect. It remains to be seen which games' AI is better, but I don't anticipate either being particularly good.

If PES can crack multi-player on-line play, it might be worth a look, but up 'til now, they've shown remarkable incompetence in on-line coding and are further behind FIFA in this area more than any other.

Nothing in the PES09 list gets me excited. The rather nebulous wordage about improving the control system at first took my interest, but if it was revolutionary, they'd be blowing a thousand trumpets about it...and they're not. So it'll just be tweaks on the current dated, scripted system.

From the news we've had so far of the 2 games, I'd expect FIFA09 to be superior to PES09 in nearly every respect. It remains to be seen which games' AI is better, but I don't anticipate either being particularly good.

If PES can crack multi-player on-line play, it might be worth a look, but up 'til now, they've shown remarkable incompetence in on-line coding and are further behind FIFA in this area more than any other.

nothing should have most of it is in fifa 08 and will be in fifa 09

I'm looking forward to 09 more than PES for the first time ever, after finding out they have kept the foul ML. It's odd but I'm most looking forward to my star striker getting hacked and horribly injured for months in 09, just before a crucial CL game, then complaining loudly at the screen like an idiot! I so hope they don't screw the injuries up again...

Fifa 08 on PS3 has stutter but its was pretty much gone for Euro so Fifa 09 should have none.

I hope we can save our fooking replays to the HDD this time!

Sadly not.

I get the feeling that both BAL and BAP will be equally half assed, in terms of how complete and satisfying a mode they will be, we already know that BAP is going to feature utterly shite, utterly contrived, utterly unrealistic "match objectives" such as don't get caught offside, have 4 shots, etc. etc. that for me will almost certainly ruin the experience.

we already know that BAP is going to feature utterly shite, utterly contrived, utterly unrealistic "match objectives" such as don't get caught offside, have 4 shots, etc. etc. that for me will almost certainly ruin the experience.

Shit, really? I'd not read that. They destroyed the CYC experience in Euro08 by having you "compete" against your own team-mates and a points scoring system that defied belief. I had been thinking that the BAP mode without those elements would make for some reasonable off-line fun, albeit for only 4 season.

But objectives? Who do they think they are? Codemasters? It's not that far from sharks head. I can see it now....your match objective today is to balance a cabbage on your head for the entire first half. Fail, and your dropped from the FA Cup final.

Well I'm not 100% sure if that has been confirmed, however it seems fifa09 BAP is cloned from Fifa08 current gen BAP and that had those rediculously silly objectives. Maybe I'll turn out to be wrong, really, really, hope so.

No saving replays to hard drive? Thats shit. EA Sports World is shit. When will they learn this?

I find it boring to play BAP/BAL to be honest, I was trying to get into it on Euro but it's just not the same as controlling the whole team. All credit to them for including it, I'll have a play with it when I'm bored, but for me traditional games are where it's at. I have much more fun playing manager mode than doing anything else, although online leagues are great when you fill them up with fellow Evo-Webbers, and an online manager mode would be my favourite mode ever.

I'm disappointed that manager mode hasn't had any alterations - I'd be happy if they just added playoffs to the lower leagues, to be honest.

If the objectives were done in a realistic way (ie. manager's general instructions, such as "your to man-mark so-and-so", or "get it out to our left winger as often as possible to see if he can exploit their weak right back", general tactical things, that would be fine...even good, as it would give you more of a specific tactical role on which you can be assessed, and also good to see if your AI controlled left winger does indeed do a good job as well.

But "get 4 shots in or else"...they can shove that up their arse.

No saving replays to hard drive? Thats shit. EA Sports World is shit. When will they learn this?

They know we hate not being able to save replays to HDD, they don't care, they want to force us to use EASW for "marketing" reasons. I find it hugely disappointing and will try to do everything in my FSB power to get them to allow us to save replays, even if it's simply save them and then upload once the match is finished.

There's a poll on the EA forums to allow replay saving to HDD: http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/fifa-09-next-gen/329945-petition-save-replays-hdd.html

Currently 81 vote yes with only 3 voting no. I'd strongly suggest anyone with an EA account votes on the poll. As soon as FSB allows polls I'll make sure that this issue is the first one I suggest to the team.

But "get 4 shots in or else"...they can shove that up their arse.

Indeed.

Last edited:

I'm busy with BIS stuff for GC right now but if anyone's bored, try digging up some Fifa08 PS2 reviews and you should find more info about these wonderful "objectives".

FIFA09 Tracklist

Caesar Palace - 1ne
Chromeo - Bonafied Lovin' (Yuksek Remix)
CSS - Jager Yoga
Curumin - Magrela
Cut Copy - Lights And Music
Damian "Jr. Gong" Marley - Something For You (One Loaf Of Bread)
Datarock - True Stories
DJ Bitman - Me Gustan
Duffy - Mercy
Foals - Olympic Airways
Gonzales - Working Together (Boys Noize Remix)
Hot Chip - Ready For The Floor (Soulwax Remix)
Jakobinarina - I'm A Villain
Junkie XL feat. Electrocute - Mad Pursuit
Jupiter One - Platform Moon
Kasabian - Fase Fuse
Ladytron - Runaway
Lykke Li - I'm Good I'm Gone
Macaco - Movin'
MGMT - Kids
My Federation - What Gods Are These
Najwajean - Drive Me
Plastilina Mosh - Let U Know
Radiopilot - Fahrrad
Reverend And The Makers - Open Your Window
Sam Sparro - Black & Gold
Señor Flavio - Lo Mejor Del Mundo
Soprano - Victory
The Airborne Toxic Event - Gasoline
The Black Kids - I'm Not Gonna Teach Your Boyfriend How To Dance With You (The Twelves Remix)
The Bloody Beetroots - Butter
The Fratellis - Tell Me A Lie
The Heavy - That Kind Of Man
The Kissaway Trail - 61
The Kooks - Always Where I Need To Be
The Pinker Tones - The Whistling Song
The Script - The End Where I Begin
The Ting Tings - Keep Your Head
The Veronicas - Untouched
The Whip - Muzzle N1
Tom Jones - Feels Like Music (Junkie XL Remix)
Ungdomskulen - Modern Drummer

nice titles, but it's much better on PES2009 :))

well placebo and other manager mode fans, you must be more excited about PES i guess because according to there pree release, they have done some major changes to it.

well as long as they make manager mode online for fifa, i will be happy

well placebo and other manager mode fans, you must be more excited about PES i guess because according to there pree release, they have done some major changes to it.

According to the press released they've made three extremely minor changes to ML, Fifa's manager mode is still a massively more involving mode than ML, despite its own lack of improvement this time around.

Yes placebo, and you know why soon :DD
but nice list, i like alot chromeo, duffy, gonzales, MGMT, the fratellis and the ting ting

Personally I can't stand game music and turn it off the moment I boot up the game, any game :)

FIFA09 Tracklist

Caesar Palace - 1ne
Chromeo - Bonafied Lovin' (Yuksek Remix)
CSS - Jager Yoga
Curumin - Magrela
Cut Copy - Lights And Music
Damian "Jr. Gong" Marley - Something For You (One Loaf Of Bread)
Datarock - True Stories
DJ Bitman - Me Gustan
Duffy - Mercy
Foals - Olympic Airways
Gonzales - Working Together (Boys Noize Remix)
Hot Chip - Ready For The Floor (Soulwax Remix)
Jakobinarina - I'm A Villain
Junkie XL feat. Electrocute - Mad Pursuit
Jupiter One - Platform Moon
Kasabian - Fase Fuse
Ladytron - Runaway
Lykke Li - I'm Good I'm Gone
Macaco - Movin'
MGMT - Kids
My Federation - What Gods Are These
Najwajean - Drive Me
Plastilina Mosh - Let U Know
Radiopilot - Fahrrad
Reverend And The Makers - Open Your Window
Sam Sparro - Black & Gold
Señor Flavio - Lo Mejor Del Mundo
Soprano - Victory
The Airborne Toxic Event - Gasoline
The Black Kids - I'm Not Gonna Teach Your Boyfriend How To Dance With You (The Twelves Remix)
The Bloody Beetroots - Butter
The Fratellis - Tell Me A Lie
The Heavy - That Kind Of Man
The Kissaway Trail - 61
The Kooks - Always Where I Need To Be
The Pinker Tones - The Whistling Song
The Script - The End Where I Begin
The Ting Tings - Keep Your Head
The Veronicas - Untouched
The Whip - Muzzle N1
Tom Jones - Feels Like Music (Junkie XL Remix)
Ungdomskulen - Modern Drummer

nice titles, but it's much better on PES2009 :))

Not only have I not heard of any of the songs, the only band/artist I've heard of is Tom Jones :LOL:.

I'll stick with Strauss on my stereo. It's not EA's role to define my musical taste.

According to the press released they've made three extremely minor changes to ML, Fifa's manager mode is still a massively more involving mode than ML, despite its own lack of improvement this time around.

Personally I can't stand game music and turn it off the moment I boot up the game, any game :)
agree. i rather play fifa single player then PES. Love the authentication of how the whole season is structured but like you and others have said, it needs a few more tweaks to make it better

Back
Top Bottom