FIFA 09 PS3/360 Discussion Thread

I'm afraid that the through-ball bug is now getting bigger for me than the game itself. I mainly play offline in Manager mode and I'm seeing it in every game. Perfectly timed and weighted through-balls just cause my players to go mental, spinning around and shimmying. I spend my time braced for it to happen again, rather than enjoying the game. Talk about a turd in the punchbowl! Was this bug in the demo?

Isnt this being fixed by EA?

Sure Placebo pointed us to David Rutter's post on the official forums.

yesterday i played one of those interactive league games and for some reason i was Blackburn(chose arsenal) facing MANU!!

i still managed to win 2:0 as well. i struggled in the first 20mins of the game but after i got the hang of it and found out my opponents weakness i began to dominate him. he kept using the wings so after shutting down and hacking there wingers and hitting them on the break i eventually got rewarded with two goals. brilliant stuff.

Also the players are more real now. before every team felt the same in 08 but this year they all feel different. manu players where too strong and fast for me, ronaldo was running rings around my wing backs earlier on

Personally I think a patch for that one specific bug should take priority over everything else put together.

Like everyone else I want night matches and weather in MM, and all the other little touches that need fixing, but the through-ball bug could be FIFA09's epitaph if EA are not VERY quick about things.

Is it possible to edit your BAP appearance after you have started the game? Im pretty sure you could do this in Euro but not sure if I can in this

Just need to get rid of these poncy gloves I have on

Is it possible to edit your BAP appearance after you have started the game? Im pretty sure you could do this in Euro but not sure if I can in this

Just need to get rid of these poncy gloves I have on

Yes you can, you do it from the main menu (Arena). There is an edit player option, then press LB/RB to get to your custom player.

Yes you can, you do it from the main menu (Arena). There is an edit player option, then press LB/RB to get to your custom player.

Nice one, I have done this before im sure though, I found myself in the Palace squad (where was when I looked) but with the stats i started off with and nothing changed

i love the game but... i had my friends over saturday for a cup/league, It would not let us control more than 4 teams in a custom cup, as there were more than 4 of us this was ridiculous? , Has fifa always been like this?

Boys, there is a traitor in our midst...

imagem442nu3.jpg

:lol:

Strange, cus I haven't experiensed the through-ball bug yet. Atleast not to the extent that it caught my eye.

I'm having a blast with manager mode, but I have noticed a few things:

*I'm playing with Man City (which started me off with lots of cash, thank you very much). I'm at the start of my second season and Richard has rocketed up to 91 (whent up 8 "points" first season). In 08 you could get someone to evolve maybe a few "points" in one season, but not 8.

*The scout this year is drinking and gambling away alot more of my money this time. It takes alot longer than before to find players (ofcourse alot more realistic), but when he find one it's someone who is alot less skilled than my other players (56-70). I have upgraded him to 9 out of 10 but it is not helping all that much. My midfielders are averageing at around 84 "points" so sending out a scout is nearly pointless now.
In 08, when your team got better, so did the pleyers found by the scout.

*I found a player Named Tom Esson by the scout the first season. He has a shotpower of 97 and the long-shot skill is at 94. His first game, his first ballcontact looked like this:
http://www.gametrailers.com/player/usermovies/274988.html

Played some Online today both alone and with my brother (1 vs. 1 + guest).

Holy hell this game is fun. Especially when you find that person who will settle for a 3-star team or less, and who doesn't play the "run like hell all game long". I had 3 games in a row with the same guy who was awesome to play ("JFKRIP" was his gamertag if I remember correctly, if it is OK to post here). I played him once in a random unranked quickmatch, and he was one of the few who wanted to play rematches. Best gaming experience of my life. The goals in this game are just icing on the cake, it is the actual play that is so addictive for me. With the proper opponent you can really allow yourself and the opponent to play slow buildup football, putting the ball back to the defenders if you get stuck etc.

Seriously, I have to get a Xbox360 and FIFA09 now. Crap!

I knew once you and Winston started to be positive about the game it was going to be something special. My experience this weekend was exactly as you describe, just pure enjoyment.

Now I can't play it any more I'm gutted, I hope to get a 360 in the next couple of weeks.

I think it's a testament to the game that with so many bugs and flaws and stupid omissions, it still qualifies as the best and most realistic football game ever created. Imagine if next year they actually nail every last aspect of the game and remove all the niggles and outstanding issues.

*I found a player Named Tom Esson by the scout the first season. He has a shotpower of 97 and the long-shot skill is at 94. His first game, his first ballcontact looked like this:

Nice goal, although to be honest, I was hoping it would be a clip of him ballooning a mis-kick about 30 yards over the bar :LOL:.

wtf!!!!!

Just 1 on 1 with the keeper chipped him the ball went in and the ref pulled it back for a foul on the edge of the area

tosser

Just 1 on 1 with the keeper chipped him the ball went in and the ref pulled it back for a foul on the edge of the area

I had the same, except it was pulled back for a penalty. Which I then proceeded to miss, and then went on to lose the game.

As I said earlier, I think this bug (which crops up at least three times in every game) is far worse than "player numbers in manager mode" which people are actually petitioning EA about.

They really need to release a patch to fix this and the through ball bug.

Guys, to get a powerful shot off from long distance, about 30m out, do you press the power shoot button first followed by RT?

Or, do you just press the shoot button with lots of power?

Also, is it possible to press the shoot button simutaneously with RT.

I have noticed that I have performed and scored some scorchers from outside the box and scored, but other times with the same player, It's not as powerful. I do notice than when your on the run, the shot is far more powerful. Just wondering if there is any special way to get off powerful shots from outside.

huge favor here..
can someone please set a game palmeiras x cruzeiro(both brazilian teams) at the default palmeiras stadium in day time...
i just had a terrible framerate issue in this macth...it was like 20fps...

I had the same, except it was pulled back for a penalty. Which I then proceeded to miss, and then went on to lose the game.

As I said earlier, I think this bug (which crops up at least three times in every game) is far worse than "player numbers in manager mode" which people are actually petitioning EA about.

They really need to release a patch to fix this and the through ball bug.

Agreed. Those 2 things (although haven't noticed the through ball sidestepping thing) would make the game more fun to play.

Though, the advantage thing is probably pretty easy to fix well, just shortening the time window that allows the ref to call foul. If you keep possession for 2 seconds after a foul to your teammate, the advantage has been given and no foul should be given. Tweaking the time periods should be enough I think.

Last edited:
jflores, LT (alternative) will produce harder shots, but you have to remember that if the ball is long infront of the player it wont be as hard as when the ball is close to the body. When you time it so the ball is very close you can almost go all the way in the power bar and still keep it low.

The problem with the advantage rule is that the game can't fully understand what is an advantage. If you get tackled and then pass a long pass he will blow the whistle because if you or a team mate doesn't have full control of the ball in like a second the game think it's not an advantage. So even if a long pass will totally give you a 1on1 with the goalie he will probably stop the play.

Shortening the time frame might work a little bit better, but it's not a great solution.

Last edited:
Guys, to get a powerful shot off from long distance, about 30m out, do you press the power shoot button first followed by RT?

Or, do you just press the shoot button with lots of power?

Also, is it possible to press the shoot button simutaneously with RT.

I have noticed that I have performed and scored some scorchers from outside the box and scored, but other times with the same player, It's not as powerful. I do notice than when your on the run, the shot is far more powerful. Just wondering if there is any special way to get off powerful shots from outside.

how did you get it?

Yes, but I think it automatically do that kind of shot while sprinting too, not sure but I think so. But the control of the shot is better while not sprinting.

I really wish the PS3 version had custom soundtracks, I've hardly had the game but the songs are beginning to get repetitive now.

ok, i just find out we cant use the online squad update offline, how stupid is this?/
or am i doing something wrong? cause i saved it an i just cant load it...i can only see the file in the Delete function...not in the load.

Back
Top Bottom