FIFA 09 PS3/360 Discussion Thread

Hi Lads are there any leagues being arranged for FIFA 09 through this web site. If not, can you advise me of the best ones to join. Many thanks.

PS This game is the best I have ever played...even passing PES5 which I thought was amazing.

Disappointed that my bloody Liga STILL doesnt work. I'm not the only one, people on the EA forums have the same problem but with no solutions.

Maybe you could try emailing/phoning up EA about it? It's unfair for them to charge you for something you're not getting :((.

I'm glad I stayed clear of the Adidas Live Season as it sounds really buggy and not properly tested. Maybe I'll give it a look after this game has been out a few weeks and the dust has settled.

Ive had no problems with the other leagues, its just La Liga. It won't recognize my purchase. I think the other leagues are well edited, especially Serie A.

Don't know if this question has been asked before, but does any of you know what speed you play with online?

Because, sometimes when I play it plays like Slow speed. And other times it feels like the game plays on Fast. And when it is on fast, it kind off ruins the whole experience. That sucks.

Still can't upload replays on PS3, and looking at the official forum I'm not the only one with this problem. This really pisses me off, especially since you can't save replays on your HD.

Is that the shit where your player suddenly starts side stepping across the pitch avoiding the ball as you press towards it?

That pisses me off

I've actually noticed this since last night, you may or may not have seen but it happen a couple of times when we were playing, but it's happened more offline, mainly manager mode. I am sure they will easily sort it with a patch, these days it's easy I imagine.

Does anyone know how to set the defence line? In Euro 2008 you could set it to low, medium or high in Team settings (or something like that), but I can't find it anymore. Does anyone know?

Still can't upload replays on PS3, and looking at the official forum I'm not the only one with this problem. This really pisses me off, especially since you can't save replays on your HD.

I have the same problem on the 360, it does all the upload stuff and then it says unable to upload and would I like to try again. Keeps happening with every replay that I try. Annoying.

Does anyone know how to set the defence line? In Euro 2008 you could set it to low, medium or high in Team settings (or something like that), but I can't find it anymore. Does anyone know?

I believe it's pressure in custom tactics or something like that, 0-100 with 100 being the highest up the pitch possible......

Had the game for a week now which has given me time to formulate some views.
Loving the game, plays superb. I've played more ps3 footy this week then in the last year, my friends all love it and have gone out a bought it(and yes we've been playing ISS since PS1).
Tactics are great, so are the diff playing styles, AI plays a very good game and multi player is fantastic.
Tried to tell one of my friends brothers who responded; 'playing fifa is like turning muslim'. The way i see it neither EA or Konami are my friends they both want my money. Me personally im going to invest mine in the best game whoever makes it. If 2k come out with a better football game i'll buy that. Times are hard and games are expensive, not buying something cause of its history is highly stupid.

Improvements me and the boys have thought of;
1:The jogging with the through balls need fixing
2:Player switchings a bit mad sometimes, closest player please
3:Random stadium/weather condtions option
4:When having a rematch the game should return to the formation screen so starting line up can be edited
5:Replay saving to hard drive
6:Easier way to sub/change kicker in game ala pro

Thats all we've come up with, each one quite minor but we always strive for perfection.

I love Fifa 09. Gonna have to try another league though. Started on professional with celtic and now moved up to World class but still not being challenged enough. But i expect to dominate with celtic in the SPL!!

firstly thanx to placebo and the other people whos names escape me who gave tips earlier on the crossing, it has really helped me alot. from holding lb and powering up, gets real whip on them, to using lt to jockey for position when ball is in the air, timing the jump, body shape when crossing, and lastly i thought placebo was joking when he said you can do finesse headers, but i tried it, and i done a little glancing soft header, so it seems to work.

so i have been practicing my crossing, and happened to come up with this little beauty, im not normally one to upload but after about 20 tries i finally got it to upload, and it was worth it.

have a look and tell me what you think. and yes it is fabregas!!!!!!

http://www.eafootballworld.com/en_GB/video/1115042

yeh, it could have taken someones eye out, lol.

in the past 5 mins i have scored three headers and hit the bar with 2 and the keeper has saved a few as well. the crossing has went from crap to excellent, its great now. thanx again.

the ps3 graphics issue is pissing me off aswell, playing fifa on a 40" hd sony bravia and the blurred picture is getting on my tits...i'm always fiddling with the picture to get it right but i just can't

when i previously owned a 360, i used the vga cable and the graphics were fucking brilliant...so pin sharp but the ps3 version is a big let down graphics wise for me, and it really shouldn't be the case

Is this happening to anyone else? I still haven't decided if I will buy the PS3 or 360 version. If this is indeed the case, I might stick with 360

Played some Online today both alone and with my brother (1 vs. 1 + guest).

Holy hell this game is fun. Especially when you find that person who will settle for a 3-star team or less, and who doesn't play the "run like hell all game long". I had 3 games in a row with the same guy who was awesome to play ("JFKRIP" was his gamertag if I remember correctly, if it is OK to post here). I played him once in a random unranked quickmatch, and he was one of the few who wanted to play rematches. Best gaming experience of my life. The goals in this game are just icing on the cake, it is the actual play that is so addictive for me. With the proper opponent you can really allow yourself and the opponent to play slow buildup football, putting the ball back to the defenders if you get stuck etc.

Seriously, I have to get a Xbox360 and FIFA09 now. Crap! :D

Guys 10v10 clubs is slightly ruined for me, as it seems the default speed is on fast. It feels like pingpong and feels faster than Euro :S

i never thought id say this but......after playing both fifa and evo 09, fifa is the F****N MAN!!!!.

Evo in my opinion just feels the same: same old boring stadiums, same old chants, same old pro evo. I know its only the demo but i dont think the full game will be any different.

Why cant they just improve it in the way all the fans want it???, fifa just has so much going for it. Everything about fifa is such a positive, theres really nothing negative about it. I would say its everything you want in a football game and more.

fifa 08 was good, but there was alot of annoying things like the overall movement of the players. But this year EA have stepped it up alot and finally football fans have got the game everyone has been looking for and that is such a relief.

it really is about time we got a proper game for the money we all pay.

I think Fifa has won the battle this year, no doubt about it.

I salute u....EA SPORTS!!! :APPLAUD:

Is anyone else as upset about the tweaked freekicks as I am? It seems as if now instead of the ball curving the moment you hit it (depending on the type of curve you place on it of course), the ball will travel a bit and then curve sharply out of nowhere. I can't tell you how many times I've tried to whip on at the keeper in the arena from about 40 yds out and watched it fly at him on a line, and then at the last second dip out of the way (of course he still saves it).

Why did they feel the need to change them this year? In my opinion they're terrible.

Got to be kidding me awesome game 9.9 score 2 goals in Bap season first team game and been chucked back in reserves.

That was also 2 consecutive first team games with 2 goals in each jeez. :((

Is Legendary mode still in there as a difficulty or is world class the hardest?.. Legendary was the perfect level for me on fifa 08 so i hope its still there..

Back
Top Bottom