FIFA 09 PS3/360 Discussion Thread

what settings do you use for crossing placebo? which do you find to be best, im loving the game, but like others im not to keen on the crosses, the headers are good when they happen, but my crossing has been shockingly bad. do u hold the left bumper when you cross, my crosses always seem to go behind everyone like i cross and am trying to cross to the middle but it crosses to the edge of the box.

any detailed crossing tips would be much appreciated.

thanx

Pfft I've put in plenty of decent crosses with Championship and League2 players, there's so many variations of crossing, you should do some experimenting......

Any specific pointers?

Like for example, I've yet to figure out how the LB crosses actually work.

I know it is one press for high, two for medium and 3 for low cross a la PES.

But can you also power them up aswell as decide their height, or is it like PES (where if you use LB crosses, the power is automatically decided).

And if you can indeed decide the power for the LB crosses with the power bar that appears, how exactly do you power up properly.

Say you are going to do a medium height cross (LB and Longpass x2). After you hold LB, do you go [press and hold to power up the power you want, then release and tap the button again to get the 2 presse sin there], or do you first tap the button, then press it again and hold for the power?

I've not seen it described anywhere from the devs so not sure which it is. :)

what settings do you use for crossing placebo? which do you find to be best, im loving the game, but like others im not to keen on the crosses, the headers are good when they happen, but my crossing has been shockingly bad. do u hold the left bumper when you cross, my crosses always seem to go behind everyone like i cross and am trying to cross to the middle but it crosses to the edge of the box.

any detailed crossing tips would be much appreciated.

thanx

I play manual on everything but shooting (semi). I prefer the "difficulty" that all manual introduces because I can then play on a lower (professional) level and the AI is still competitive without it cheating, I also stick to playing with lesser teams instead of having a team filled with world stars (just started a Grimsby Town manager mode and my best player is on 64) :))

Tobi, that's seriously messed up - have you considered calling the customer service number in the back of the manual?

I think I'll register on the official boards and make a thread, hopefully someone important will see it otherwise I'll send them an email.

Any specific pointers?

Like for example, I've yet to figure out how the LB crosses actually work.

I know it is one press for high, two for medium and 3 for low cross a la PES.

But can you also power them up aswell as decide their height, or is it like PES (where if you use LB crosses, the power is automatically decided).

And if you can indeed decide the power for the LB crosses with the power bar that appears, how exactly do you power up properly.

Say you are going to do a medium height cross (LB and Longpass x2). After you hold LB, do you go [press and hold to power up the power you want, then release and tap the button again to get the 2 presse sin there], or do you first tap the button, then press it again and hold for the power?

I've not seen it described anywhere from the devs so not sure which it is. :)

I find bodyshape makes a big difference, I try to do it so I run on the wing in a straight line, then before I want to cross I open the wingers bodyshape slightly away from the goal, so that he has a more natural leg/foot position to cross the ball, this also helps to add curl to move it away from the keeper.

As for the tapping, I tend to hold and power, then do tap tap before releasing.

I thought with early crosses the height is decided but you control the power? I certainly find that most of my early crosses have a lower move vicious trajectory, I believe early crosses are any crosses outside a line parallel to the 18 yard box :)

(I should actually read the playing guide at some point, didn't get round to it yet!).

I find that holding down the close control button before shooting helps.

Yeah it makes a huge difference and I always try to do it for anything >10 yards out or so (as long as I have time).

I just got tackled, kept the ball and played the sweetest pass through to my striker, just as he got to it and was through on goal the ref blew the whistle and gave me the foul, in the other half. So, so FUCKING annoying!

The fact that the ref goes back and yellow cards someone 10 minutes after the foul happened EVERY time is also very frustrating.

Offside seems a bit too precise for my liking, half the offsides I've been given wouldn't of actually been seen by a human linesman, the lines are practically touching when it shows how offside I am. There also seems to be a delay on through ball so by the time you see a player running then the ball doesn't actually go through until he's strayed offside (by about 1mm).

It may be hard to believe I'm quite enjoying the game, as I've now more or less got used to the shooting, but I am. I always rant at the latest PES, and I can accept games have flaws. Just these seem to be so continuous and effect the game dramatically it's starting to wind me up.

Also, can anyone tell me if there's any equivalent to the Super Cancel on PES? (Both R1+R2 at the same time)

my crosses always seem to go behind everyone like i cross and am trying to cross to the middle but it crosses to the edge of the box.
thanx

Two of my mates and I have already done more than 1 season on manager mode, playing on the same team. This (your quote) is EXACTLY what has been happening to us. As for experimenting, playing over 100 games on 5 minutes is surely enough to give a fair assessment of the crossing.

If I'm at the top left of the screen, 10 yards from the byline, why when I hold the stick at 6 o'clock (bearing in mind that I'm using manual) does the cross come in at 4 o'clock, aiming for the D of the box!?

Do you guys think it's a bug that you can't change tactics in the reserve team even when you're reserve captain? I mean what's the point of being a captain for the reserves? Gives you absolutely nothing at all from what I can see. Maybe I'm missing something over here...

Edit: I'm talking about when playing BAP Season mode.

Yeah I reported that to Suff in a follow up Email:

Ok, and a very small easy fix, when your playing tournament mode, and you get a picture of the sports page of the newspaper, the headline reads "West Ham IS defeated by ......." instead of West Ham ARE. I know very small and picky, but its easy to fix, and why not make the best footy game ever, even more perfect.

Two of my mates and I have already done more than 1 season on manager mode, playing on the same team. This (your quote) is EXACTLY what has been happening to us. As for experimenting, playing over 100 games on 5 minutes is surely enough to give a fair assessment of the crossing.

If I'm at the top left of the screen, 10 yards from the byline, why when I hold the stick at 6 o'clock (bearing in mind that I'm using manual) does the cross come in at 4 o'clock, aiming for the D of the box!?

I know what you mean, I can aim it ok from the bottom flank, most of my crossers go were I want them to go, but when I am at the top of the screen crossing downwards, it seems harder and most go behind the player.

I hope next year instead of the arena, they give us the whole pitch with team mates, so we can practice this sort of stuff (like in Pes)

You can put some good crosses in, but they just don't feel right. PES 4,5 and 6 had the feel of crosses spot on. In Fifa the long passing in general is just too floaty and the trajectory just isn't realistic.

There is one other tiny bug that I discovered:
In the home Arena my controls are on manuals but when you are in the arena before the beginning of the match, all controls gone assisted unlike my configuration.

Forgive me for any possible errors of language but i'm French ;)

Sorry to repost it but am I the only one who have this bug ?

I've got no problem during the match only during the arena before the beginning of the match.

PS: I'm playing on 360.

Ok, and a very small easy fix, when your playing tournament mode, and you get a picture of the sports page of the newspaper, the headline reads "West Ham IS defeated by ......." instead of West Ham ARE. I know very small and picky, but its easy to fix, and why not make the best footy game ever, even more perfect.

Yeah there were other "bad English" things in Fifa08 and Fifa07 as well.

Yeah.....and Hearts in the SPL are referred to as 'Heart'

yeah i agree. FIFA's cross still feel floaty. i mean whenever i wanna change side with a high pass the pass float high and when it reach to my player, the opponent player already taking possession. that's not cool.

Its not a bug but Helton (FC Porto GK) should be wearing sports trousers instead of shorts. :-pp Do any GK's in FIFA 09 have them?

LOL someone posted this on a BAP trailers on gametrailers

they are coping pro evolution with the sound thing......and that thing where the yellow spot shows where the ball is gonna drop,pro did it first,theres nothing wrong with fifa doing it too,because there both soccer games.all im trying to say is fifa need to be a lot more original......btw love the game

How much more original can you get with BAp Seasons and 10v10 online

Back
Top Bottom