FIFA 09 PS3/360 Discussion Thread

That picture is from the Team Management section, when I click on one of the 'players' the game freezes. When I try to start an exhibition game with Spurs the match doesn't load and I'm stuck in the Arena.

LMAO @ Tobi and Spurs

I won't add a pun though ;)

I'm going to have to add quite a few of you to my ps3 friends list as I wouldnt mind having some matches in the weekend.

@ Stuart,

What team did you choose in the retail version? As for me the response is the same for equal teams whilst the 1st touch has been sharpened making it generelly more tight and responsive for me. Odd that for you its different, unless you are using lower league teams. Havent tried any myself.

Got FIFA09 on Thursday and decided to play it as much as possible before giving my opinion. Overall I am enjoying it, lots of options and so far ahead of PES it's unbelievable but IMO it's not as good as the demo. The responsiveness seems closer to FIFA08 than the demo which I'm sure I'll get used to but i gotta say my heart sank when i found myself pressing buttons and having to wait a second before the action took place and I just can't seem to turn sharply at all. I'm not talking 180 degrees here. I'm talking 45 and 90 degrees, just seems sluggish. I feel like I am crushing the control pad during the game trying to get my players to move.

It's not any different mate. Maybe some of the poorer players don't turn as quickly but play with top teams and it's exactly the same.

Last edited:
That picture is from the Team Management section, when I click on one of the 'players' the game freezes. When I try to start an exhibition game with Spurs the match doesn't load and I'm stuck in the Arena.

Tobi, that's seriously messed up - have you considered calling the customer service number in the back of the manual?

Tobi, that's seriously messed up - have you considered calling the customer service number in the back of the manual?

Yeah...that's a good idea. Having to listen to a some bloke in a call centre asking you to try switching it off and back on again and charging £16 per minute for the honour.

Yesterday i spent a fair time editing players and team formations then played some games and went to bed, this morning i downloaded the adidas live season update for the first time and what happens? Everything i edited was overwritten :|

Does it mean everytime we download the weekly update we have to overwrite the squad formations and other edit details ( boots , tucked /untucked shirts .. )?

Fifa09 as responsive as Fifa08? Sorry but that's pretty ludicrous IMO.
maybe comparing it to 08 is an exaggeration (i've been playing Euro for a while), but definately not as responsive as it should be. Why should the time between pressing a button and the action taking place be increased with a slightly poorer team? Quality of pass, direction, team movement yes but reaction time? I don't buy that IMO

Yesterday i spent a fair time editing players and team formations then played some games and went to bed, this morning i downloaded the adidas live season update for the first time and what happens? Everything i edited was overwritten :|

Does it mean everytime we download the weekly update we have to overwrite the squad formations and other edit details ( boots , tucked /untucked shirts .. )?
Looks like it will, that's going to be annoying...

Fifa 09 is a superb game and if your into Football id get a PS3 or Xbox 360 the graphics look exactly the same

If you mean FIFA looks the same, it very much doesn't.

The 360 version is FAR better looking than the PS3 version.

But, the PS3 version feels different, and is much faster.

I can't yet decide which I prefer, and to an certain extent, the feel so different, I'm tempted to keep both.

Is there any point in improving mentality stats for your BAP player? Stats like aggression, tactical awareness, positioning and vision don't really come into it when you're controlling the player, right?

Looks like the play-off's are indeed in

http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/...ion-3-microsoft-xbox-360/345731-playoffs.html

my.php

Not sure it's been mentioned here, and I just discovered it yesterday.

Normal 90 degree turn - Hold Analog stick 90 degrees to the side

Sidestep Turn - Tap the analog stick to the side, don't hold.

Not sure if there are any other benefits of doing a sidestep, like being able to shimmy in another direction more quickly than a normal turn.

Check it out guys, maybe we can find some type of turn or such that could become very useful.

Also, not sure but there might be a different animation for holding LT and doing a 90 degree turn in the manners above aswell.

Like maybe you can do a sidestep turn, and then immediately roll the ball back the other way with [LT + Right stick to the side 90 degrees].

Experiment. :)

Back
Top Bottom