FIFA 09 PS3/360 Discussion Thread

"Isen is part of my starting eleven", says the Arsenal Coach. "This guy has a future"

Yeah boi!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guys, a quick question :

Is it possible to removed Arshavin from the Russian team so I can buy him in Manager Mode somehow?

Cheers. Game is superb; Being a PES fan, I'm finding it quite challenging, which is great. Beat Hull 1-0, but they had the best chances. Gomes was MOTM with a 9/10 rating and deservedly so! The game only changed when I brought on Campbell and Lennon.

Guys, a quick question :

Is it possible to removed Arshavin from the Russian team so I can buy him in Manager Mode somehow?

Cheers. Game is superb; Being a PES fan, I'm finding it quite challenging, which is great. Beat Hull 1-0, but they had the best chances. Gomes was MOTM with a 9/10 rating and deservedly so! The game only changed when I brought on Campbell and Lennon.

Is he not in as a free agent?

No Nick. Did a search and nothing. He's only in the game under the Russian national team. I dont want to create a new player if there's a way of incorporating the original into the MM.

In FIFA 08 you could go to team management and just search for him and take him from the Russian National Team and place him on another squad from the get go. Somebody said that there were no free agents in this game but if there are you just put him there if you want to and then you'll be able to buy him. He won't cost anything though. Otherwise you'll have to place him on Spurs, restart your manager mode, and then carry on the losing tradition at White Hart Lane because even he can't help them.

In FIFA 08 you could go to team management and just search for him and take him from the Russian National Team and place him on another squad from the get go. Somebody said that there were no free agents in this game but if there are you just put him there if you want to and then you'll be able to buy him. He won't cost anything though. Otherwise you'll have to place him on Spurs, restart your manager mode, and then carry on the losing tradition at White Hart Lane because even he can't help them.

Touche :-pp

Apologies as I dont have the game loaded at the moment, but is this Team Management different to the Transfers and Edit section of the game? There is definitely a Free Agents section but I'm pretty sure there arent any players in there from the get go.

Touche :-pp

Apologies as I dont have the game loaded at the moment, but is this Team Management different to the Transfers and Edit section of the game? There is definitely a Free Agents section but I'm pretty sure there arent any players in there from the get go.

Yeah, my bad, you go to transfers. Club transfers and (at least this is how I was able to do it last year) search the name. If I recall correctly (and i wish i could check 08 now, but my 360 is on it's way back from repair) it would show you players who were both on club teams and those on international teams. I would then just either transfer the player str8 over, which would result in that player effectively being duplicated as he'd still stay on the NT, and placed on my team. Or the free agency I believe.

I know that I did it w/ a specific team, that I'm certain of. As far as placing the guy in the free agency, that I'm not too sure about. You might be better off just putting him on the team.

Ok dude, thanks for that. I did go to International Transfers but obviously from there you can only swap team members around it seems from within the same national team.

I also tried Club Transfers but didnt use this "search" function and therefore couldnt find Arshavin as Zenit arent in the game and there was no way of viewing the Russian squad from there, either.

I'll try the search later on. Many thanks mate.

im about to get the french version of the game...
anyone knows if the french Ps3 version has english commentary and all the sponsors like Bwin?

don't bother brunnoce, i bought mine here in france, as it came earlyer on tuesday, i had to give it back as the comentary and the text was ONLY in french, i ordered the english version from amazon two days ago, i hope it will arrive tomorrow, can't wait to play it again

Last edited:
Thats my story.
I was thinking about getting a ps3 just for fifa 09 and i was thinking that the new pro evo will not be good.But today after testing the new pro evo (Pc version - i dont own a ps3) it kinda gives me the old good feeling that previous pro-evo, winning eleven games used to give me.I think that pro evo 09 is like pes 5 with better graphics. Thats my opinion (i know its a fifa 09 thread but its importand for my question i will put).
Let me note that i never tested fifa 08,euro 08, fifa 09 because i dont own a ps3.
I am very curious about fifa 09 and how it plays because there is TOO much enthusiasm from people here for fifa.
So is it a ps3 worth getting for fifa 09?? (i know that ps3 has a lot of games other than fifa but i play footie games mostly)
I hope that you get my question.I think it has to do with fifa.Sorry if you think its not.

Last edited:
Got my copy of FIFA 09 this afternoon and have to take my hat off to EA as they have pulled out a great game. I have been PES all my life and for the first time ever I actually believe FIFA has gone ahead. Obviously it may change over time but at this moment i think FIFA is the better game.

Guys, a quick question :

Just did it, go to team transfers, national teams, choose a different Russian player from the pool on the left, have him replace Arshavin in the Russian squad, now go back out and he'll be in the Free agents team! :)

Now we need to make a list of free agents in real life to put in the Free agent team :)

Thats my story.
I was thinking about getting a ps3 just for fifa 09 and i was thinking that the new pro evo will not be good.But today after testing the new pro evo (Pc version - i dont own a ps3) it kinda gives me the old good feeling that previous pro-evo, winning eleven games used to give me.I think that pro evo 09 is like pes 5 with better graphics. Thats my opinion (i know its a fifa 09 thread but its importand for my question i will put).
Let me note that i never tested fifa 08,euro 08, fifa 09 because i dont own a ps3.
I am very curious about fifa 09 and how it plays because there is TOO much enthusiasm from people here for fifa.
So is it a ps3 worth getting for fifa 09?? (i know that ps3 has a lot of games other than fifa but i play footie games mostly)
I hope that you get my question.I think it has to do with fifa.Sorry if you think its not.

isn't my question worth answering?

Thats my story.

I don’t want to get into the console war thing im no fan boy I want value and service for my money. Fifa 09 is a superb game and if your into Football id get a PS3 or Xbox 360 the graphics look exactly the same but the Xbox 360 has more games and here anyway it’s a lot cheaper to buy I had a PS3 and didn’t like it. The PS3 controller is good for football games like PES09 but the Xbox ones fine with Fifa I like it a lot. The truth is very few games maximise the Next generation power of the PS3 or XBOX360. I find XBOX live to be really good. Its up to you.

Fifa09 on my 360 on my HD tv is just Awesome.

Fifa09 next gen is better than PES current gen or next gen or Fifa09 on PC, that's the simple fact, now this is a Fifa thread, go to a PES thread and they'll tell you the opposite, best thing is to find a friend/store where you can try both games on a PS3/360 and judge for yourself.

Err be careful doing that though, it just let me put an Ecuadorian forward in the England team in place of Gary Neville!

LOL, does the game also allow you to alter nationalities as well? I remember last year that Kazim Kazim of Turkey (who's real name is Colin Kazim Richards as he is both Turkish and English but plays for the Turkish NT) was listed only as English for his nationality so I wasn't able to transfer him to the Turkish squad.

I don’t want to get into the console war thing im no fan boy I want value and service for my money. Fifa 09 is a superb game and if your into Football id get a PS3 or Xbox 360 the graphics look exactly the same but the Xbox 360 has more games and here anyway it’s a lot cheaper to buy I had a PS3 and didn’t like it. The PS3 controller is good for football games like PES09 but the Xbox ones fine with Fifa I like it a lot. The truth is very few games maximise the Next generation power of the PS3 or XBOX360. I find XBOX live to be really good. Its up to you.

Fifa09 on my 360 on my HD tv is just Awesome.

Thanks.Anyone else somethink different?

Back
Top Bottom