FIFA 09 PS3/360 Discussion Thread

you can't do it in the lobby, but you can in the game by pressing pause and player list - select his name and remove

That sounds good but I can still see fools just sitting in the middle of the lobby until the timer gets to :02 and then finally choosing a side.

After my first night with FIFA 09, I'm really impressed for all the reasons already pointed out here. Few things I don't like though:

- Way too many penalties.
- What's the game speed setting for? I don't notice any difference between slow, normal and fast.
- Advantage rule is ridiculous. Ref waves play on, opponent loses the ball in a fair duel some ten seconds later and they still get a free kick for the previous foul.
- I can't upload any replays. It says that the website is currently not available. At first I thought it wasn't active until today, the official release date, but I just checked and it still doesn't work. And there are replays on the site. Is this a known problem?

Other than that, great game.

- Haven't played the retail version yet, but there were a lot of penalties in the demo. Personally I think it brings the realism a bit higher because you can't just run around sliding into everyone anymore.

- Game speed is as follows: Slow = FIFA 08, Normal = Euro 2008, Fast = FIFA 09. I believe that's the way I've seen it described most.

- Sportsworld has had it's fair share of problems. Half the replays I tried to upload in FIFA 08 never made it. Would always fail at the end.

On another note, it's a bummer to hear about the weather in MM. Why can't they include that? For that matter, why can't the weather be included in all modes and just be random or real weather based a la Madden? Doesn't seem like that it'd be that difficult to implement since they already have the tech.

can someone with the 360 version please confirm that when raining, no rain appears in normal game camera, only in cutscenes, replays, free kicks and instant replays?

Its a bug thats really ruining it for me - want to know if its just my copy!!

i have same problem game will start and ball spashes and players feet splash water around , but after a replay this will stop . but if i pause the game quickly and continue it comes back
weird.

How do you do quick settings?

Like in FIFA 08, I could set my team to Neutral, Attack, All Out Attack, Defence, All Out Defence. Great and quick feature that I loved, but how do you do it in FIFA09?

Thanks

Pressing down and the another direction fucks you up

i wanted an opposite wing attack and by the time i pressed down and left i lost the ball

Did EA ever explain why you could only play each other an odd number of times in the online league in FIFA 08? Well they have only gone and done it again in FIFA 09 grrrrrrrr!!!

Anyhow is anyone up for a small online league tonight 360 only Im afraid. 6-8 teams, play once and games muct be completed tonight? If so post in here and drop me a PM. First come, first serve but only if you have time after 9 - 10 pm ish.

Pressing down and the another direction fucks you up

i wanted an opposite wing attack and by the time i pressed down and left i lost the ball

Yeah....it's no good for stuff like that but it should be fine for things like formation changes as these don't need to be done in a split second.

Did EA ever explain why you could only play each other an odd number of times in the online league in FIFA 08? Well they have only gone and done it again in FIFA 09 grrrrrrrr!!!

Anyhow is anyone up for a small online league tonight 360 only Im afraid. 6-8 teams, play once and games muct be completed tonight? If so post in here and drop me a PM. First come, first serve but only if you have time after 9 - 10 pm ish.

That is fucking ridiculous!!! I thought they would have sorted that out.

I won't be in the mini league, as I would have just got the game - I'm going to refine my skills ;))

yaiy!one of my retailer shop here manage to get some EU copy! i've ordering! will get in 2 or 3 days guys! i'm gonna join you all in the FIFA heaven! :LOL:

I'm sick of these bloody whores online. I'm about to play my first game online, guess what team they pick? flipping Man Utd. I choose Aston Villa, then he suddenly switches to Inter Milan... WTF is that about??

I've played 5 unranked games today, and 4 of them have been against the obvious 5 star teams.

Don't these "whores" get bored of being the same 5* teams? and playing against the same top teams? ...How the hell do they play for 12 months using the SAME bloody teams? Man Utd, Chelsea, Barca, Inter, Arsenal, Madrid etc... FFSSS!!!

I'm sick of these bloody whores online. I'm about to play my first game online, guess what team they pick? flipping Man Utd. I choose Aston Villa, then he suddenly switches to Inter Milan... WTF is that about??

I've played 5 unranked games today, and 4 of them have been against the obvious 5 star teams.

Don't these "whores" get bored of being the same 5* teams? and playing against the same top teams? ...How the hell do they play for 12 months using the SAME bloody teams? Man Utd, Chelsea, Barca, Inter, Arsenal, Madrid etc... FFSSS!!!

Turn on those tactics. 10 men behind the ball, counter attack. I agree that it's annoying but since custom tactics can be used online (I think) this would be a good opportunity to see just how well they work.

Question though, someone in another forum said that it was possible to limit the number of people that you could have on your side during Be A Pro (unranked) matches by going through the lobby system. I had no idea what he mean't by that but do you know if this is true?

Is anyone here playing with Spurs on the PS3 version?

If yes have Bentley, Modric and Jenas vanished from your Spurs squads?

Back
Top Bottom