FIFA 09 PS3/360 Discussion Thread

Some sponsors doesn't display depending on what region you're in I think. Because doing advertising for certain things is illegal in different countries. No idea if that's the case with this though, just thought I'd point it out.

Certain teams still feel the same, but the difference between the best teams in the division and the weakest teams in the division, as well as throwing up the odd suprise results, which happens from time to time, is noticeable this series.

I'm really enjoying how the CPU teams clearly play with different styles. You can see how some teams sit deep and try and hit you on the counter, others play with a high line and press you the whole game, some play wide, some narrow. It's brilliant.

My best game so far has been Wigan (me) 2 Boro 2. It felt like a real end-to-end Premier League match, not pretty but very physical and a great game to watch.

These two posts are enough for me to be VERY excited and eager to count down the seconds until I pick my copy up at 4pm today :-)

Cheeky bastard CPU was 1-0 in my BAP Seasons game and ran the ball into the corner for the last few minutes.

Whistle blew and it showed a cutscene of me complaining to the ref and the ref telling me to go away :LOL:

I have more fun in BAP Seasons than I do controlling the whole team :DD

Haven't really played around with the custom tactics yet but was thinking about it while at work when of course i should be working:DD

Is it possible to assign different formations to the quick tactics options or can you only set custom tactics for the formation you start the game in. I know you can obviously change the formation from the pause menu but was really looking for a way to do this on the fly so that if eg i was a goal up playing a 4-3-3 and wanted to kill the game for the last few mins i could switch to a 5-4-1 on the fly or go all out with a 2-3-5 if losing with little time left?

Haven't really played around with the custom tactics yet but was thinking about it while at work when of course i should be working:DD

Is it possible to assign different formations to the quick tactics options or can you only set custom tactics for the formation you start the game in. I know you can obviously change the formation from the pause menu but was really looking for a way to do this on the fly so that if eg i was a goal up playing a 4-3-3 and wanted to kill the game for the last few mins i could switch to a 5-4-1 on the fly or go all out with a 2-3-5 if losing with little time left?
You can assign your own tactics to the quick tactics...

Cheeky bastard CPU was 1-0 in my BAP Seasons game and ran the ball into the corner for the last few minutes.

Whistle blew and it showed a cutscene of me complaining to the ref and the ref telling me to go away :LOL:

I have more fun in BAP Seasons than I do controlling the whole team :DD
I had that happen in an MM game one down to Villa and the guy ran in to the corner and held off my man until I lost my rag and hacked him, getting a second yellow and a red and some nice booing too... :LOL:

Anyone made any team sliders yet?

I don't think there will be any universal settings for teams because you tweak the sliders to your own style of play

I was Villa and put crossing high and width full that's about it

No, I mean team sliders to dictate how the CPU teams normally play.

For example a Preston fan might find the CPU plays their team wrong and that they need to press the ball more, or put more crosses in etc. You can adjust the CPU teams mentality from the main menus.

No, I mean team sliders to dictate how the CPU teams normally play.

For example a Preston fan might find the CPU plays their team wrong and that they need to press the ball more, or put more crosses in etc. You can adjust the CPU teams mentality from the main menus.

I can sense a sub-thread coming up with everyone's tactical slider adjustments......

It's a great point though!

ooo i didn't know that

They seem to have them spot on though already, i looked at Arsenals and its exactly how they play

just played my first 2 games.

Liverpool vs Everton - nice to see the crowd isnt just singing YNWA most of the time, alot more chants been put in which is great. The match it self finished 1-1 went to penalties, and thanks to reina saving 2, an opening victory!!

Second game played liverpool vs villa, went 2-0 down within 22 minutes thanks to some bad defending by myself :SS Managed to get one back with torres in the second half, then on the 89th minute played a through ball to robbie keane, and he slide along the floor to meet it and slotted it into the corner whilst doing so, it looked brilliant!!
Got another with torres in extra time, only for reo coker to get one on the 115th minute, and it went to penalties, which i won 5-4.

This is one awesome game, if they put in different weather/time matches for mm then its near perfect for me.

Wont be buying pro evo this year, its fallen way behind.

I can sense a sub-thread coming up with everyone's tactical slider adjustments......

It's a great point though!

That's what I've been expecting. Especially from the lower-league teams, or some Mexican teams for example. I'm sure the massive teams like Arsenal are spot-on but it'd be interesting if Chris Bauer looked at Tranmere and thought they played differently and submitted sliders for us to set them up.

That's right. Well kind of.... Games are essentially played with the same settings as your standard exhibition match settings. They don't change from game to game.

But if i choose overcast or night in my standard exhibition match settings it will be rain or night matchs in MM ? no ?

i got it! lol i was chatting to the girl over the counter in oxford street i think we're meeting tomorrow at some bar somewhere :lol:

i was so buzzed to get it i think set myself up for a date... that i won't be attending... due to fifa09. sad i know.

(i am also kinda double booked).

anyways. on with the game.

IS there anything more annoying than some tosser playing a real madrid getting a fluky 1-0 lead despite being dominated and the holding the ball with his keeper until the AI forces him to kick it. I want indirect freekicks in the new one to stop these cunts.

IS there anything more annoying than some tosser playing a real madrid getting a fluky 1-0 lead despite being dominated and the holding the ball with his keeper until the AI forces him to kick it. I want indirect freekicks in the new one to stop these cunts.

Isn't that kind of realistic though? The keepers are forced to kick it before a free kick would be given in real life. Timewasting is frustrating and horrible when it happens against you but it's a valid tactic imo.

i got it! lol i was chatting to the girl over the counter in oxford street i think we're meeting tomorrow at some bar somewhere :lol:

i was so buzzed to get it i think set myself up for a date... that i won't be attending... due to fifa09. sad i know.

(i am also kinda double booked).

anyways. on with the game.

whoa whoa whoa, stop the presses... %60 of the guys on here would give there left arm for some pussy and your turning it down....

Dont like Inter default formation its poor need to change formation to make them more attacking and play better.

OMG i3minute into it and i score an amazingly worked goal with ronaldo.

his player model is sick.

new animation for the tap-in finish as well. wow.
http://www.eafootballworld.com/en_GB/video/949401

whoa whoa whoa, stop the presses... %60 of the guys on here would give there left arm for some pussy and your turning it down....

:lol: we'll see how it goes. :) i meant to be somewhere else too. why does this weekend have to be busy on a fifa09 weekend!!!!

Last edited:
This is a random query, but has anyone on here used a PS2/3 convertor on their XB360 so they can use the PS controller for FIFA? I've always found it easier with the D-Pad rather than the analogue. Dont know if thats rather anal(ogue) or not, but each to their own.

I realise the gizmo's are rather expensive :

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/XFPS-3-0-SNIP...39:1|66:2|65:12|240:1318&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

But its an option, at least for some of us not convinced by the 360 controller for FIFA and/or PES.

the disc is chugging in my old 360. hope it doesn't break it :(

uploads are faster now. much more worthwhile.

i'm playing allberg on intermediate (i'm probably better than intermediate) and it's 2-0 ronaldo.

i used a trick effectively in the build-up to the goal. very nice.
http://www.eafootballworld.com/en_GB/video/949951 (weirdly won't show the goal but you can see the skill..)
allberg are getting sent a message by the european champions hehe

i can't believe how wicked this game is. it's like the total control feeling you get when playing it. there are some niggles, but it's just such a well put together package!

last one. berba goal. (still slowly figuring out how to use that keyframe thing for replays...
http://www.eafootballworld.com/en_GB/video/950546

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom