FIFA 09 PS3/360 Discussion Thread

I'm sick of these bloody whores online. I'm about to play my first game online, guess what team they pick? flipping Man Utd. I choose Aston Villa, then he suddenly switches to Inter Milan... WTF is that about??

I've played 5 unranked games today, and 4 of them have been against the obvious 5 star teams.

Don't these "whores" get bored of being the same 5* teams? and playing against the same top teams? ...How the hell do they play for 12 months using the SAME bloody teams? Man Utd, Chelsea, Barca, Inter, Arsenal, Madrid etc... FFSSS!!!

Yeah it was the same in FIFA 08. I mean sometimes you get a good player who if I choose Marseille for example they will pick a dutch, french, German, or smaller english side. I really dont understand why people don't like being weaker teams. Like you said, I dunno how anyone can stick with the same 5* teams all year.

After the few two weeks I avoid anyone that picks Man Utd or Barcelona as I just sick of playing them.

i got it! lol i was chatting to the girl over the counter in oxford street i think we're meeting tomorrow at some bar somewhere :lol:

i was so buzzed to get it i think set myself up for a date... that i won't be attending... due to fifa09. sad i know.

(i am also kinda double booked).

anyways. on with the game.

You bastard.:PIG:

:LOL:

You do know her father is David Rutter...?

Fucking PLAY.COM never ordering a thing from them again - no delevery on release date PISS POOR!!

Me too, I always receive stuff from them on a saturday, its probably sent the cheapest business class, basturds, never again.

I only ordered with them by mistake, it was too late before I realised.

I got game today at Tesco's for £29.71, so Play are gettings there's back.

Last edited:
Yeah it was the same in FIFA 08. I mean sometimes you get a good player who if I choose Marseille for example they will pick a dutch, french, German, or smaller english side. I really dont understand why people don't like being weaker teams. Like you said, I dunno how anyone can stick with the same 5* teams all year.

After the few two weeks I avoid anyone that picks Man Utd or Barcelona as I just sick of playing them.

Weirdest I had was against a guy called 'Spurs4Eva' (or something to that meaning), his default was Spurs, so I picked Fiorentina, then suddenly he changes to Man Utd! :S

i got it! lol i was chatting to the girl over the counter in oxford street i think we're meeting tomorrow at some bar somewhere :lol:

i was so buzzed to get it i think set myself up for a date... that i won't be attending... due to fifa09. sad i know.

(i am also kinda double booked).

anyways. on with the game.

Advice from my misses;
Meet up with her - get a shag - come back play fifa - job done

Just got my copy of FIFA 09 on PS3. ITS BRILLIANT! Played a match Liverpool vs Manchester United at Anfield on overcast and it was so fun even though I lost 2-1. I then played a 10v10 game (won 3-0) and Man City vs Man U (lost 1-0). Its just so good! :)

Just banged in a screamer from like 40 yards out, went directly over the keeper, coulddnt do anything as it flashed pass me but EAFW is down cant upload

im about to get the french version of the game...
anyone knows if the french Ps3 version has english commentary and all the sponsors like Bwin?

How are you getting it in Brasil? Or are you ordering online? I would also like to know what commentaries the various PS3 versions come with.

im about to get the french version of the game...
anyone knows if the french Ps3 version has english commentary and all the sponsors like Bwin?

There's no English commentary ("only" French, German, Spanish, Italian, Russian, Portuguese, Czech, Polish, Hungarian).
And only French, German and Italian for the French 360 version.

How are you getting it in Brasil? Or are you ordering online? I would also like to know what commentaries the various PS3 versions come with.

Theres some guy on our local "ebay" that has it...he brought 20 copies from paris...
im gonna pay a lot more for the game(about 80 euros), but i cant wait anylonger, im pulling the plug.

since ure in the US suggest importing with game or shopto, a lot cheaper and importing to the US is quite easy, here in brazil we have toons of taxes and procedures that delay a lot the delivery.

There's no English commentary ("only" French, German, Spanish, Italian, Russian, Portuguese, Czech, Polish, Hungarian).
And only French, German and Italian for the French 360 version.

Portuguese comentary tuta?
are u sure? thats a new one...didnt know about it...

thats a pitty since i love the english comentary...well what can i do...

anyway, can u confirm theres english text and also that if i set other comentary other than french the betting(BWIN) and alcool(Carling) sponsors are brought back?

thanx for the info man

Last edited:
Loving this, its so realistic, a few bugs but nothing major!! I'm into my 4th match on MM with Chelsea, as I've been playing lounge mode a lot with proxi. These badges things on Lounge are pretty cool too! Still annoyed I can't have a female avatar though on EAFW. :(

Theres some guy on our local "ebay" that has it...he brought 20 copies from paris...
im gonna pay a lot more for the game(about 80 euros), but i cant wait anylonger, im pulling the plug.

since ure in the US suggest importing with game or shopto, a lot cheaper and importing to the US is quite easy, here in brazil we have toons of taxes and procedures that delay a lot the delivery.

Problem is I don't know which commentaries come with the UK version. I like the commentaries in the french version you're getting, but I would like english as well. I can't wait to get the game either, but if I order it, it takes at least 5 days to get here, and then I would only be getting it 1 week before I could buy it in my local store

I always believed PES5 on the PS2 was the best football game ever. That changed this morning when i got my copy of Fifa09 on Xbox 360 its fantastic. Up until PES08 to be honest I was a Pro Evo fan boy but not anymore Im converted and have gone over to the dark side.
Sadly no matter how good Fifa 09 is many people wont buy it out of brand loyalty to Konami. Its like someone refusing to swap his Fiat Panda for a Ferrari because he likes Fiats. Much like the emperors new clothes story in many ways people cant or dont want to see the truth.
Lets be honest after playing the PES09 demo solid yesterday and Fifa09 today there is no comparison.
People can spend their money whatever way the want but the choice this year is like a Steak Dinner or a dogs turd sandwich.

Problem is I don't know which commentaries come with the UK version. I like the commentaries in the french version you're getting, but I would like english as well. I can't wait to get the game either, but if I order it, it takes at least 5 days to get here, and then I would only be getting it 1 week before I could buy it in my local store

take a look at ebay? maybe someone in the us has it already...u can aways pay an express delivery method, it would be superfast like 1 day i guess

I always believed PES5 on the PS2 was the best football game ever. That changed this morning when i got my copy of Fifa09 on Xbox 360 its fantastic. Up until PES08 to be honest I was a Pro Evo fan boy but not anymore Im converted and have gone over to the dark side.
Sadly no matter how good Fifa 09 is many people wont buy it out of brand loyalty to Konami. Its like someone refusing to swap his Fiat Panda for a Ferrari because he likes Fiats. Much like the emperors new clothes story in many ways people cant or dont want to see the truth.
Lets be honest after playing the PES09 demo solid yesterday and Fifa09 today there is no comparison.
People can spend their money whatever way the want but the choice this year is like a Steak Dinner or a dogs turd sandwich.

Couldn't agree more. Everything you see PES fanboys accuse FIFA of being is exactly what they have in their game, i.e. ping pong passing, arcade feel, stiff movement. Makes absolutely no sense. I downloaded the PES demo last night and could barely stand it. Quickly deleted it as the drive space was clearly more valuable...LOL.

Quickly deleted it as the drive space was clearly more valuable...LOL.
:LOL::LOL:

I find the Dynamic Camera is best. Bring the height right down and then zoom it out almost all the way about 90% That way you can see plenty of the pitch and see the crowds in the stands on the far wing looks great and shows off the graphics really well.

Back
Top Bottom