FIFA 09 PS3/360 Discussion Thread

I played Bobby last night and in the second half he made two subs and i couldn't see them. He just had a ball running round on its own.

That happened to me once, I was playing a guy online, he bought babel on and he was invisible. Used to happen in Euro but if you paused it , it rectified itself, however in 09' , it doesn't work. Its on a list to be reported to EA.

Last edited:
Someone on her said that the final version of Fifa09 is less responsive than the Demo. In all honesty, is this true?

I certainly hope not since the demo feels damn near perfect to me in terms of responsiveness with AC Milan, Chelsea, and Real Madrid.

Can someone give me an accurate answer on this?

That happened to me once, I was playing a guy online, he bought babel on and he was invisible. Used to happen in Euro but if you paused it , it rectified itself, however in 09' , it doesn't work. Its on a list to be reported to EA.

And that stupid turning round and running alongside the ball bug, and a general moan at the shoddy treatment of the MM, sod that it will be looked at and all new 2010 crap...:LOL:

Does the bug where you only see the rain in cutscenes get reported as well?

It was one of the first things on my list, here's what I've reported so far:

1. Rain/Snow not being visible during a match.
2. No variable weather during manager mode (yet BAP has this).
3. Player of the season in manager mode being given to someone who played only 2 matches.
4. Slowdown/Tearing in 360 version (seen this a couple of times myself in the demo and it's being reported as also in the retail version).
5. Players running past through balls (there's a video of this which I can dig up).
6. In BAP you get marked down for putting in a cross that the AI teammates don't make contact with, even if it's a great cross, (you shouldn't be punished for this).
7. When playing BAP Seasons, you can't pick the team or change tactics pre-game until you're captain. But you can change the tactics in-game with the Dpad
8. Weird AI behaviour by generated players in BAP, more here: http://forums.evo-web.co.uk/showpost.php?p=1460388&postcount=6817

Chris also reported the no weather changes in MM which I also strongly agree needs fixing.

Anything else please post here (but make it obvious that you're posting it as something we should notice and be reporting, lots of posts on lots of forums right now so it's easy to miss stuff!).

Someone on her said that the final version of Fifa09 is less responsive than the Demo. In all honesty, is this true?

I certainly hope not since the demo feels damn near perfect to me in terms of responsiveness with AC Milan, Chelsea, and Real Madrid.

Can someone give me an accurate answer on this?
I didn't notice it, if anything it runs a little smoother...

Played my first game of it today, didnt have chance yesterday haha, went town and bought it before went out for mates bday hence didnt get the chance.

So its all set up similar to 08, so went to normal match, thought I would do a Inter vs Milan derby game to start. I put the start thing on like I play football games for my life mode thing the highest one... I won 5-1 easily, so after I was expecting to be on a low difficulty, find out it was on World Class... hopefully It isnt gonna be that easy. Will have to have more games though for definite, probs on Legendary. See how it goes, but from what I see its similar to demo, so all good.

I personally dont like the make your own celebration thing, I think it takes away from the goal, like the immediate reaction of the player scoring, jusf doesnt feel right, its like a stupid little mini game after a goal each time. But meh, guess its fun for the first couple of times.

There is one other tiny bug that I discovered:
In the home Arena my controls are on manuals but when you are in the arena before the beginning of the match, all controls gone assisted unlike my configuration.

Forgive me for any possible errors of language but i'm French ;)

It was one of the first things on my list, here's what I've reported so far:

1. Rain/Snow not being visible during a match.
2. No variable weather during manager mode (yet BAP has this).
3. Player of the season in manager mode being given to someone who played only 2 matches.
4. Slowdown/Tearing in 360 version (seen this a couple of times myself in the demo and it's being reported as also in the retail version).
5. Players running past through balls (there's a video of this which I can dig up).
6. In BAP you get marked down for putting in a cross that the AI teammates don't make contact with, even if it's a great cross, (you shouldn't be punished for this).
7. When playing BAP Seasons, you can't pick the team or change tactics pre-game until you're captain. But you can change the tactics in-game with the Dpad
8. Weird AI behaviour by generated players in BAP, more here: http://forums.evo-web.co.uk/showpost.php?p=1460388&postcount=6817

Chris also reported the no weather changes in MM which I also strongly agree needs fixing.

Anything else please post here (but make it obvious that you're posting it as something we should notice and be reporting, lots of posts on lots of forums right now so it's easy to miss stuff!).

Dont forget the advantage rule being fooked up most of the time.

Do you mean this sort of thing:

http://homepage.mac.com/picsilike/.Public/FIFA.mov

(sorry about the darkness)

Aha yeah that's the exact video I was thinking of! It was you playing? Can you give any more details please, what kind of match were you playing? It was a through ball you played to your attacker? Manual/Semi/Assisted through ball? Thanks.

I'll convert it to wmv, brighten it a bit and send it to Suff to pass on to EA :)

Aha yeah that's the exact video I was thinking of! It was you playing? Can you give any more details please, what kind of match were you playing? It was a through ball you played to your attacker? Manual/Semi/Assisted through ball? Thanks.

I'll convert it to wmv, brighten it a bit and send it to Suff to pass on to EA :)

MM match, through ball, Assisted /runs

Might as well say in this post there seems to be a lot of differences between the PS3 and 360 versions.

I've had snow in the PS3 version (Exhibition match obviously), and it was VERY visable using Telecam minimum zoom.

Graphics generally are far better on the 360, but the PS3 version is faster, and to me, feels slightly more responsive.

Not sure which version I prefer.

Adidas Live Season is definitely messing up my game, I can't play with Spurs until its sorted. This morning more players have disappeared.

2910927291_01412b6dec.jpg

:brick:

SPURS PLAYERS GO MISSING SHOCKER

I've bought all the leagues for Live Season but only La Liga doesnt work!!!! I've purchased it but the game doesnt show that its ticked still!

The crossing is absolutley horrible, its like watching Jermaine Pennant cross a ball filled with Helium.

I also hate the crossing in general, even though you can occasionally whip out an absolute gem. I also find that ground passing inside the box to be incredibly awkward.

I don't like using assisted through balls or passing, but I detest the way in which [on manual] you have to hold a button for 1/2 seconds to get any amount of power on a pass, by which time you've lost the ball.

Pfft I've put in plenty of decent crosses with Championship and League2 players, there's so many variations of crossing, you should do some experimenting......

Shooting! I'm rubbish at it. Any tips? I do take of the sprint, but I always shoot over. I am using Semi.

Back
Top Bottom