FIFA 09 PS3/360 Discussion Thread

was able to play the retail version of fifa 09 earlier today at a mates house...this game truley is great...it feels more fluid than the demo...it feels right every time you move the players..postioning of the A.I. is really good too
i played as arsenal and my mate was chelsea...i was able to play that beautiful arsenal football i see week in week out.
there were things my mate could do that i couldnt, not beacuse he was a better fifa player than i was, but because he was chelsea...as far as i could see each team plays different, feels defferent, position differently, have strenghts and weaknesses that you can exploit if you are good enough.

all in all 9/10 definatly

looks like for fifa 2010 EA can now work on the manager mode more..making it even more realistic...and also get some more player faces and tweak the ones that they have now..
one thing that will be great is if EA have like individual player running animations for some of the top players, like aaron lennon running the way he does in real life..messi..walcott etc....however each player feels completely different from the next...rooney different from adebayor and drogba....

i will be buying the game tomorrow and will be enjoying it till the next fifa..lets enjoy this brilliant football game...take it all in.

LETS FIFA09

Last edited:
I always loved Pro Evo but last year Pro Evo 08 knocked the rose tinted glasses off my face. Loved the Fifa09 demo its truly the best football game ever. I have Fifa09 ordered so its great to hear those of you who have played the full game think its awesome. Ive been playing the Pro Evo 09 demo today and im not overly impressed , All I can say is well done EA you have produced the goods and won me over.

King Pro Evo is dead, long live King Fifa !

....you also get a free football worth £9.99 as well as a £5 money of voucher to use to purchase any other game. and it doesnt have to be there and then, so you could for example keep it for pes.

I know it's utter shit but you can already get PES09 for only £5 :LOL:?

;))

good news! about 10v10

Captains can kick players during game... just bring up the pause menu and go to the player list.

Limiting the players can be done by kicking the players you don't want on your team.

If true, that is certainly something, although I agree with Murkurial comments below. The lobby needed work to permit to booting of twats.

But I'm starting to feel more optimistic that 10v10 may have at least a basic level of improvement over FIFA08.

Can anyone confirm whether or not you can boot people from the lobby of a Be A Pro match (unranked) by going to the player list? It's been said that you can do it from within the match but I think it'd make more sense to allow one to do it from the lobby since you'll know well beforehand if this guy is someone you'll want to play with.

Actually finding it quite easy to win on Legendary. Was playing as Arsenal and beat Porto 5-1. Tactics make such a difference, the AI were making runs all over the place for me, made it so easy to find a pass.

will be picking up my copy from Blockbusters in the morning, cant wait. And i have 4 days off work to get stuck in.

Been at Lewisham hospital most part of today, my daughter had a minor op and they had a play room inthe childrens ward and in there was a playstation with a copy of......FIFA96. I had to load it up and have a go. I could not stop laughing. I dont think we realise how lucky we are to be playing these footie games at present on next gen. Dont think i will ever complain about a minor flaw again. I wish i had taken some pics/vids.

Actually finding it quite easy to win on Legendary. Was playing as Arsenal and beat Porto 5-1. Tactics make such a difference, the AI were making runs all over the place for me, made it so easy to find a pass.

Best post I've seen so far.

I'd rather have easy Legendary, than a Legendary that cheats and plays above superhuman ala FIFA08.

PES5 is quite easy on 6 Stars aswell, if you are the proper team. China vs Brazil is alot more challenging.

So even if you play on Legendary, if you are a superior team, you should be more likely to win, since "Legendary" should reflect reality as close as possible, whereas all difficulties below it should be more and more limited AI. There's no point in making superhuman difficulties, since noone in their right mind will play against superhuman AI just because of the challenge. It isn't realistic to have China beating Brazil and having 80 percent possession, so I wouldn't touch that difficulty, rendering it completely useless. better they make the top difficulty realistic depending on the team you are playing, and give the ones below it a smoother scaling down.

Can't wait to play the full game.

Wow wow wow!!!! What a game....played it for 3 hours straight last night and it is so much better than the demo. It got better every game. It is so fluid and plays brilliantly. You can really feel the custom tactics and the way each team play feel's so much different. As someone mentioned, when I played with Arsenal there were so many passing options. Players always passing the ball and moving into space. The movement is brilliant. Shooting is spot on, some of the shots and volleys feel so sweet. You can really crack a ball if your player is balanced right and the outside of the foot shooting is class also.

The only gripe I have so far is the stupid Fifa signs next to the goals haha so that say's how good the game is. Also the atmosphere feel's different when you play in different countries, I played as Argentina and it actually felt like you were playing in South America. Hard to explain but you will notice it once you play the game as well.

as everton played man utd got beat 3-0 played wigan won 1-0 played fulham won 2-0 played liverpool got beat 2-0. last year that would have been four straight wins or four straight losses depending on the difficulty so its a massive improvement

Agreed.

Started BAP: Seasons 3rd Game beat Wigan 1-0; scrappy game, both teams reserves.

Got called up to first team, moved from LM to LCM beat Arsenal 0-3 Elano was on fire, absolutely sublime build up play; game was quicker overall and flowed much better. You could really tell you were involved in a game with much more talented players.

Oh and I forgot to mention how hard it is to play in the rain. The ball really bogs down and the players feel so much more sluggish...brilliant. It was really hard to get the hang of playing in the rain -I set it to overcast at Old Trafford and there was rain.

Be a Pro tonight has been awesome - particularly when my Lee Martin free kick went right into the top corner :DD.

Quality game this.

Started abit of Bap season earlier its good think AI much better do some superb through balls. But got 2-2 draw marked down as loss though :(( hope thats not regular but so i hear not only one with problem.

Started abit of Bap season earlier its good think AI much better do some superb through balls. But got 2-2 draw marked down as loss though :(( hope thats not regular but so i hear not only one with problem.

Are you sure you weren't playing a reserve game? he first team might have lost their game, while you played for the reserves.

Are you sure you weren't playing a reserve game? he first team might have lost their game, while you played for the reserves.

Na just checked to make sure and was definitely league game as its down on fixtures and results in Be a Pro as 2-1 but in stats profile its 2-2 which was correct result.

As done poor in last game i have a reserve game now though.

Edit: Just looked further and could be right actually dam my mistake no way of seeing result i dont think so cant check if was reserve game.

Im playing for Watford by the way hehe not Man Utd so i would of noticed of course if was for them i thought be championship side try and get Prem move.

Last edited:
MANAGER MODE BOLLOCKS

I've now completed a season on Manager Mode - David Villa was top goalscorer in the league with 28 goals and didn't make the team of the season.
I tell you who did make the team of the season: Hedwiges Maduro. "Who?", I hear you cry. Well, he's my midfield star of course. You know, the guy that played 45 minutes all season, obtained a score of 9 and also got player of the season!

OBVIOUSLY!

Anyways, I begin season 2. What do I see? Only the top scorers chart with Fredi Kanoute sitting pretty at the top with 4 goals. WOW, that's pretty impressive... given the fact he's played ZERO games.

MANAGER MODE BOLLOCKS

I've now completed a season on Manager Mode - David Villa was top goalscorer in the league with 28 goals and didn't make the team of the season.
I tell you who did make the team of the season: Hedwiges Maduro. "Who?", I hear you cry. Well, he's my midfield star of course. You know, the guy that played 45 minutes all season, obtained a score of 9 and also got player of the season!

OBVIOUSLY!

Anyways, I begin season 2. What do I see? Only the top scorers chart with Fredi Kanoute sitting pretty at the top with 4 goals. WOW, that's pretty impressive... given the fact he's played ZERO games.

Awful :(

Apart from that, did you enjoy your first MM season?

Back
Top Bottom