FIFA 09 PS3/360 Discussion Thread

I just started an EPL league with Spurs however when I go to the squad section Modric and Jenas are missing! Has this happened to anyone else? Loving the game btw.

PROBLEMS WITH THE UPDATE!...

i received my copy :applaud:

has anyone downloaded the xbox update for fifa yet? bad news - it looks like its bricked my xbox! :brick:

i can't connect to xbox live anymore, once it signs in it just crashes!. i can play offline but its really annoying that i'll probably have to go back to the shop to replace it.

Has this happened to anyone else?

on a side note, i unlocked two achievements:

Win a match whilst signed out of xbox live :DD

Complete a pass from one flank to the other :DD

Sorry guys, I'm just tired of the nostalgia this guy is bringing in here with the "you don't talk about tactics/shooting etc like we used to", and a few lines down his posts there's Placebo helping someone with the new shooting mechanics and another poster joining in to help too. :lol:

whatever.

It probably is nostalgia, for a time when there are not somany nobs on the board saying the right thing to keep in with the gang.

I didnt even mean you anyway... I was talking about the post that said he took everyone on with ronaldo and scoredfrom 30yards with his left foot on his first attempt.

its those kind of posts that iritate.

and I know people still post advice etc but (as I said) you have to wade through reems of shite to find it

cheers

It probably is nostalgia, for a time when there are not somany nobs on the board saying the right thing to keep in with the gang.

I didnt even mean you anyway... I was talking about the post that said he took everyone on with ronaldo and scoredfrom 30yards with his left foot on his first attempt.

its those kind of posts that iritate.

and I know people still post advice etc but (as I said) you have to wade through reems of shite to find it

cheers

why does that irritate, the same shit happend to me

Looks like we will now have a nice transition from game shop clerk violence to postman violence. ;)

If you find a video or something of a match like this, I need to see it. It looks so ridiculous in my head, I hope reality matches it.

The most ridiculous and hilarious things are watching 6 attackers in the box to 1 defender and yet the player on the ball fails to pass to the 6 open men and blasts it wide, and when someone actually does score I love seeing all 10 players go off doing their own celebrations.

does anyone know how to get to the section in the xbox live part that tells you games played, who you have played against, goals scored, ranking points, all that sorta stuff?

i cannot find it anywhere. its sorta like an online record.

any help would be much appreciated.

thanx

can someone with the 360 version please confirm that when raining, no rain appears in normal game camera, only in cutscenes, replays, free kicks and instant replays?

Its a bug thats really ruining it for me - want to know if its just my copy!!

I can confirm this, i've been playing on 'Tele' fully zoomed out and haven't checked if this is why... Even id it is, its a pretty poor excuse.

Still noticing a lot of the old "FIFAistics" but the game is fantastic. Played a couple of 10v10 one as a CB for Sevilliva one as CM for Barca. It was like 6 year old school kids each trying to be Maradonna.

Hopefully when some of us on a City forum get our team together and paly some other self formed teams it should be fantastic.

The "Play a friend" and rematch options online are a big update for me this year.

I can confirm this, i've been playing on 'Tele' fully zoomed out and haven't checked if this is why... Even id it is, its a pretty poor excuse.

Still noticing a lot of the old "FIFAistics" but the game is fantastic. Played a couple of 10v10 one as a CB for Sevilliva one as CM for Barca. It was like 6 year old school kids each trying to be Maradonna.

Hopefully when some of us on a City forum get our team together and paly some other self formed teams it should be fantastic.

The "Play a friend" and rematch options online are a big update for me this year.

I still haven't seen rain at all?! I'm playing in 1080p mode. Anyone reckon this might make a difference?

Just played a quick game 10v10.

Absoloute joke. Complete lag-fest, offside-fest with the forwards (and I use that term mildly as nearly every midfielder was up there as well), long-balls, shooting from the halfway line, players not passing and trying to dribble through everyone ... just a horrible experience.

Both 10v10's i've played were exactly the same, except 100% lag free! :TU:

Anyone else playing a lower-league team in BAP Seasons and noticing how often the AI plays killer cross-field long passes into space? Happening FAR too much, with far too much accuracy considering the division.

I don't understand why you go on about untucked shirts and goal kicks when, in my mind FIFA's shooting seems to have a pretty large flaw to it.

SOunds like you don't understand all the variables taken into account when shooting. I'm not going to name them all but timing and skill is just two of them.

As it seems FIFA is atempting to be accurate, if you're attempting to score a 35 yard screamer with, for sake of arguement, Mark Noble, you shouldn't expect even 7 of 10 to be on target.

A really simple snippet from me, but if you're balloning all your shots over the bar, hold the shoot button for less time :))

Are you lot up for some 10v10 tonight? :))

There might not be enough for 10v10 though, so maybe we can do 5v5 or something.

I will be on around 11pm. Played a good few 6v5 games with a couple of guys from here too. Great experience.

Send me an invite if you are on at that time.

I still haven't seen rain at all?! I'm playing in 1080p mode. Anyone reckon this might make a difference?

I think i'm playing on the same setting 1080i or 1080p either way the only way i know its raining is when the arena loads into the stadium you're about to play in just before kick off and cut scenes.

Surely they'll fix this??

I have played both FIFA demos on 360 and PS3 and really cannot make up my mind as to which version to buy. I can definitely play much better with the PS3 controller, using the dpad, but I hate the PS3s' triggers. Also the demo on 360 looks much better. Does the final version on PS3 look much better than the demo?

thanks

can anyone please help?

They were very good games Bitter :)). Really enjoying this game, it's both realistic and fun.

Just had a very good 10v10 (well, about 7v8) - Inter v AC, Me and some other guy were the centre backs, me as Materazzi. We both played properly with good positioning, kept a good defensive line (the full backs were AI controlled) and broke up the play and played it simply when we got the ball. I got man of the match and we won 2-0, me assisting the last goal with a nice long ball which Ibrahimovic took down and slotted in :).
Having an experience like that on 10v10 with random people just proves the quality of the mode, the clubs mode will probably be ten times better.

I am now willing to play centre-back as well - it was a different sort of challenge which I really enjoyed just then.

Have EA managed to sort out the frame rate problems in the cut scenes that I feel marred the Xbox 360 demo? Some of the replays/goal celebrations seemed to me to be running at half speed. I would love to know, as I have the game pre-ordered. Thanks :TU:

I think i'm playing on the same setting 1080i or 1080p either way the only way i know its raining is when the arena loads into the stadium you're about to play in just before kick off and cut scenes.

Surely they'll fix this??

Yeah....I've got it now. Rain only in the cut scenes and 'Be A Pro' camera mode. I've tried all others and it doesn't show rain. There needs to be a patch for this pronto.

Have EA managed to sort out the frame rate problems in the cut scenes that I feel marred the Xbox 360 demo? Some of the replays/goal celebrations seemed to me to be running at half speed. I would love to know, as I have the game pre-ordered. Thanks :TU:

The game is pretty much identical to the demo. The cut scenes have been like this for years. It doesn't really bother me but I honestly wish they'd do away with cut scenes all together. It would be much more immersive without them imho.

Saw a nice touch earlier where Fabregas had the ball with Adebayor running into the box asking for it but I shot instead and it went wide and Adebayor turned and made a gesture as if to say "why didn't you pass it to me Cesc you tosser" :lol:

Back
Top Bottom