FIFA 09 PS3/360 Discussion Thread

I'm actually getting so sick of the shooting now, it's driving me insane. Can someone explain to me to score from outside the box? I've tried it with a mile of space around me, nice hit and it just goes sailing over the bar.

Ruining the game for me completely at the moment, since the main objective of a football game funnily enough is to score.

I've scored about 20 tap-ins but it's really not as exciting as a 30 yarder.

is it any surprise?

really?

I really dont think that happened, unless he was on the lowest setting

I have been trying to "break" the pes 09 demo like that for about 10 games and you are not gonna waltz past every player on the top setting (like you could in pes 08)

I'm not arsed about people slagging the game off (look at my join date, I have watched people slag it off since pes 2 onwards)

but to post such a blatent lie in this forum just to show your one of the sheep and then everyone says 'of course' 'well we all knew it would happen'etc will devalue your opinion on FIFA.

it needs to be kept objective.

I think both FIFA 09 and PES 09(demo) look fantastic this year, so both have a place in my collection.

the best game wont be decided for another 2-3 months when the dust settles when we see whos still playing what.

I'm actually getting so sick of the shooting now, it's driving me insane. Can someone explain to me to score from outside the box? I've tried it with a mile of space around me, nice hit and it just goes sailing over the bar.

Ruining the game for me completely at the moment, since the main objective of a football game funnily enough is to score.

what do you have your shooting on ?

Assisted,Semi,Manual

and try using finesse (with alot of open space) and from a 45 degree angle also makes it easier to curl it top corner :)

I can see it being laggy for a while until it all calms down a little but maybe it could be something to do with the game not being out yet and all the servers not turned on? I'm no techy so maybe I'm just talking bollocks.

I'm sure it will get sorted as other games work OK online.

Just played the PES Demo.

If any of them has the nerve to say the ball is like a balloon in fifa they should try the goal kicks in there beloved PES.

I took a goal kick went and made a brew watched half an hour of Ray Mears and the ball had still not come down. :LOL:

Well im on semi controls and i scored two awesome long rangers last night

The key to shooting is positioning, you need to be at a angle so he can put his foot straight through it. Even shooting sideways on using finesse and his stronger foot works well because then you get whip on the ball

If any of them has the nerve to say the ball is like a balloon in fifa they should try the goal kicks in there beloved PES.

I took a goal kick went and made a brew watched half an hour of Ray Mears and the ball had still not come down. :LOL:

I don't understand why you go on about untucked shirts and goal kicks when, in my mind FIFA's shooting seems to have a pretty large flaw to it.

can someone with the 360 version please confirm that when raining, no rain appears in normal game camera, only in cutscenes, replays, free kicks and instant replays?

Its a bug thats really ruining it for me - want to know if its just my copy!!

I haven't been able to make it rain yet! Irrespective of whether it's cut scenes or main play.

I don't understand why you go on about untucked shirts and goal kicks when, in my mind FIFA's shooting seems to have a pretty large flaw to it.

You seem to be the only one mentioning this Flaw?

Coopz gave you a few pointers a couple of posts up. Try that and then let us know how you feel?

Just played a quick game 10v10.

Absoloute joke. Complete lag-fest, offside-fest with the forwards (and I use that term mildly as nearly every midfielder was up there as well), long-balls, shooting from the halfway line, players not passing and trying to dribble through everyone ... just a horrible experience.

I had quite the opposite. Albeit it wasn't the full 10 v 10 but it was smooth and people tried their best to keep their positions.

Played a few games of 10 v 10, no lag at all, but definitely a joke. Midfielders are up front, defenders are up front, it's stupid. And i don't think i've played a game with another English person so far apart from a couple of my mates.

I haven't been able to make it rain yet! Irrespective of whether it's cut scenes or main play.

Setting it to overcast and it rains during cut-scenes but not during the game for me.

The AI and ratings system is FAR better for BAP in 09 :DD

To be honest, this is what I was just talking about in my last post.

You seem to enjoy slagging off PES more than playing FIFA!

Infact do you actually play either or do you just dance around the boards like a resident court jester?

I cannot recall a time were you posted about tactics/moves/formations etc
in game discussion seems to be above your station.

I loved the days when it was all about playing and getting the most out of the game. You could come on here and learn about differant shooting/dribbling/skill/passing techniques, how and when to do differant things.

Clownss like you get in the way of all that, for every post that answers a question on how to get the most out ofshooting (see post a few above) there are 10 waste-of-time posts like 99% of yours.

maybe im getting too old..

what do you have your shooting on ?

Assisted,Semi,Manual

and try using finesse (with alot of open space) and from a 45 degree angle also makes it easier to curl it top corner :)

Well im on semi controls and i scored two awesome long rangers last night

The key to shooting is positioning, you need to be at a angle so he can put his foot straight through it. Even shooting sideways on using finesse and his stronger foot works well because then you get whip on the ball

Cheers for the advice guys, I'll give it a shot.

Loving the game but am very annoyed at the lack of night games in most stadiums... like San Siro! I also can't see the rain during the match like someone mentioned.

Actually I was having the same problems as you, then I followed the advice of somebody from these forums, cant remember who. First of all let go of the sprint button before shooting, press the LT (xbox 360, focus I think?) and yes positioning is very important. I am getting much better shots on goal with this, even low shots.

Actually I was having the same problems as you, then I followed the advice of somebody from these forums, cant remember who. First of all let go of the sprint button before shooting, press the LT (xbox 360, focus I think?) and yes positioning is very important. I am getting much better shots on goal with this, even low shots.

how did you get the game in Miami?

I have played both FIFA demos on 360 and PS3 and really cannot make up my mind as to which version to buy. I can definitely play much better with the PS3 controller, using the dpad, but I hate the PS3s' triggers. Also the demo on 360 looks much better. Does the final version on PS3 look much better than the demo?

thanks

which is why you play FIFA Clubs :)

I will never play a 10v10 game as it would be turd

fifa clubs I have a team of 3 atm and its perfect :)

How is the club mode with real world teams though?

For instance, can everyone on Milan do Ronaldinho moves, or can nobody? Because if I remember correctly, everyone is the same rating which to me is kind of dumb when you have real world teams. Takes away the identity of the team and if that's the case they might as well let you make your own player.

What's the Club mode like though?

Have you read the playing guide that Operation Sports released? Goes into great detail there on how to play all aspects of the game.

http://www.operationsports.com/foru...ifa09-ea-sports-updated-9-28-56k-warning.html

I like the new status things on live now, there alot more informative and at least now you wont be sitting around for ages waiting for people to finish to play a league game

Like this

Playing Xbox LIVE 1st Hf LIV 0-0 Man C

Playing Be A Pro Seasons 1st Hf Ipswich 0-0 Preston

Playing Manager Mode 1st Hf Winning 1-0 at Home

Back
Top Bottom