FIFA 09 PS3/360 Discussion Thread

btw: in the german version celtic and rangers do not have a sponsor on the kit. is this in the uk version too?

Dunno about this year but in last years version they didn't have sponsors either. For what it's worth, they don't have sponsors in PES or Football Manager either due to being sponsored by Carling.

No ,I'm not sure, but every time I've tried to find out a definite answer I get conflicting info.I'll be completely gutted if I've got to listen to you guys having so much fun but unable to play the game myself.
Axel music are taking pre-orders for the US game and they state that the US version is region free!!
The box cover of the UK version shows region 2 so I just dont know what to believe.

First of all of you in the North West Cannings Video in Leigh are selling the game today, my friend just picked up his copy.

I have now played 40 odd games and deffo scoring is easier for me in FIFA 09, also my other gripe is that Jason Roberts who is strong player is over effective, 90% he just out muscles defenders and creates a too many chances.

I was though concerned when I went online for the first time today. First game me (Blackburn) v Stuggart won 3-0 and it could have been 8 as created lots of chances. The played someone else who was Liverpool and I choose United and won 4-2 and again we both created tons of chances, in fact quite often just a simple through ball and quick players (Torres and Ronaldo) clean through. This is worrying for me as what I loved about FIFA 08 was that you really had to work for goals.

First of all of you in the North West Cannings Video in Leigh are selling the game today, my friend just picked up his copy.

I have now played 40 odd games and deffo scoring is easier for me in FIFA 09, also my other gripe is that Jason Roberts who is strong player is over effective, 90% he just out muscles defenders and creates a too many chances.

I was though concerned when I went online for the first time today. First game me (Blackburn) v Stuggart won 3-0 and it could have been 8 as created lots of chances. The played someone else who was Liverpool and I choose United and won 4-2 and again we both created tons of chances, in fact quite often just a simple through ball and quick players (Torres and Ronaldo) clean through. This is worrying for me as what I loved about FIFA 08 was that you really had to work for goals.

Maybe try using custom tactics to shorten the distance between your defenders and goalkeepers? This might counter the quick forward players.

WOW FUCK GAME

didnt get FIFA today, last time i order with them.....i should have just stuck with my favourite site SHOPTO

(the reason i got 09 from GAME was because of the £5 off code)

I ordered with ShopTo and don't have it yet..

Thing is, we haven't had any mail at all yet so it's hard to tell if it's just the postie being late or if we genuinely have no mail.. whereas if we had recieved mail and the game wasn't here I'd know for sure what was what.

I ordered with ShopTo and don't have it yet..

Thing is, we haven't had any mail at all yet so it's hard to tell if it's just the postie being late or if we genuinely have no mail.. whereas if we had recieved mail and the game wasn't here I'd know for sure what was what.

wait till the postman comes

Shopto never let me down (in getting the game a day early) and i ordered like millions of games from there :|

I got both my copies about 30 mins ago from ShopTo and Game :DD

Played Liverpool v Everton and it was a great game. I definately had the bug where a player is running onto a through-ball and stops, then runs again.

Everton went ahead just before half-time and completely shut up shop. Packed their defence out and whenever they got the ball, just hoofed it up :LOL:

Enjoyable game!

(For now) ;))

I have had about 8 online games so far (ps3) and i am finding the same problem. some players have just been blatently pressing throughball at every opertunity and it nearly always sems to set up a one-on-one with the keeper. really dissapointing.

the type ofplayers who do this are your usual barca/chelsea players. but out of 8 games I have found 3 of them using this tactic already.

Its a shame because the other games have been decent.

I think if it were possible to edit your back 4 so they stay deeper, then this would help.

any advice on how to do this? I am not that hot when it comes to tactics with FIFA.

cheers

I have had about 8 online games so far (ps3) and i am finding the same problem. some players have just been blatently pressing throughball at every opertunity and it nearly always sems to set up a one-on-one with the keeper. really dissapointing.

the type ofplayers who do this are your usual barca/chelsea players. but out of 8 games I have found 3 of them using this tactic already.

I think if it were possible to edit your back 4 so they stay deeper, then this would help.

any advice on how to do this? I am not that hot when it comes to tactics with FIFA.

cheers

I thought you could set the defence to sit deep or am i mistaken??

I'm fuming at my postie. I start work at 3.30 today so was hopeful of a few hours with Fifa beforehand but still no sign of him.

cheers

thats bad. very bad really. has anyone else noticed that? its serious

thats bad. very bad really. has anyone else noticed that? its serious

you guys need to set custome tactics, lay off on the pressure and make the width less... so your players lay back on D and pinch in towards your goalmouth try that against the thru ball fuckers

yeah just set your defensive line to deep and pressure to low and that should stop it

its awesome that we can now talk tactics to stop or create changes and stuff :))

Love it :DD shooting seems improved from demo but not until i looked more into it i have discovered things. All depends on players shooting accuracy stats in this game are so much more noticeable then previous game which is great.

Its pretty much like demo which i enjoyed alot so much better then PES it need to come a long way for me to touch this experience. :))

Back
Top Bottom