FIFA 09 PS3/360 Discussion Thread

This is just a brilliant game. The Live Season makes it even better.

Started my first match on Legendary difficulty, as Newcastle against Sunderland (as you do), with the Live Season in effect. So yeah, a lot of players have gone down in skill for both sides, especially the defences.

Went 1-0 down, then pulled it back at start of second half. Only for them to take the lead, but don't worry, I got a second equaliser. Only for them to score again against this awful defence, Taylor is useless in the air, whereas Colo isn't. And now I've just got a third equaliser, meaning in these last 30 minutes it's all for the taking.

MON ME!

How long a game are you playing? I'd be a bit concerned at so many goals being scored on legendary difficulty.

Had a few games now - still unsure... :(

Feels a bit sluggish still (but MUCH better than FIFA and even Euro), but some big plusses for me, include that the players feel more like individuals (even lower league) and they LOOK more like individuals.

Ball is really floaty on shots, but I do appreciate the whole balance, ball speed, wind etc - so maybe I just need to take more care.

Just had a good game online - my Villa v Bayern Munich. Lost 1-0 but was a good game. My long ball game came to nought though.

One of the big problems I have is heading still. The animation is stupid - like something from Crouching Tiger! :LOL: and hence, when you connect, it doesnt feel 'meaty' enough.

Apart from a few gripes though, I am trying to like it. I still think the SP MM mode will ruin it for me and make me sell it, but until then, I'll enjoy some online with you guys.

Oh man, I love this game. How I missed playing online just before going to bed. :DD

The one complaint I have is that you can't see shit on the radar when the ball is at the bottom of the screen, especially when you play a team with a blue or black kit. Oh, and maybe it's just me but I tend to hit the post way too often in semi. :-ll

How long a game are you playing? I'd be a bit concerned at so many goals being scored on legendary difficulty.
It's on 10mins per half. When you have a defence like Newcastle's you're always going to concede a lot, especially on Legendary. I won 4-3 in the end.

Will play a game with two top sides, and see if there are as many goals, I doubt it.

Oh man, I love this game. How I missed playing online just before going to bed. :DD

The one complaint I have is that you can't see shit on the radar when the ball is at the bottom of the screen, especially when you play a team with a blue or black kit. Oh, and maybe it's just me but I tend to hit the post way too often in semi. :-ll

Nothing like hitting the woodwork when in semi ...

Erm ...

Ogami is that Wayne Rooney in your Avatar?

It's on 10mins per half. When you have a defence like Newcastle's you're always going to concede a lot, especially on Legendary. I won 4-3 in the end.

Will play a game with two top sides, and see if there are as many goals, I doubt it.

No problem with you losing goals....it's the amount you're scoring that concerns me!

I really hope 7 goal thrillers are not the norm.

Manual through balls is so slow to power up enough to hit hard... I have no idea why they changed this. You hardly ever have to hit a very short through ball so there is no point at all to make it this weak. Really don't want to use semi on it...

No problem with you losing goals....it's the amount you're scoring that concerns me!

I really hope 7 goal thrillers are not the norm.
Sunderland's defence is shit, tbf. :D

Anyway, it's HT in a match between Utd(me) and Liverpool on 10mins each half. 0-0 atm.

So realistic it's unbelievable.

I ordered a second copy from amazon.co.uk now because of the commentary

btw: in the german version celtic and rangers do not have a sponsor on the kit. is this in the uk version too?

Can I just confirm that this wont play on an American PS3.My order has been sent but I cant believe they have region locked this game.
Any suggestions where the best place to order a US import is in order to get the game on the 15th?

Can I just confirm that this wont play on an American PS3.My order has been sent but I cant believe they have region locked this game.
Any suggestions where the best place to order a US import is in order to get the game on the 15th?

Are you SURE it's region-locked on the PS3? 360 is region-locked but I've never known any PS3 game to be locked.

Sunderland's defence is shit, tbf. :D

Anyway, it's HT in a match between Utd(me) and Liverpool on 10mins each half. 0-0 atm.

So realistic it's unbelievable.
Lost 1-0 with a John O'Shea like steal from Masch right at the end. Scholes headered against the post in stoppage time. Brilliant game, love it so far, and I've only played two matches. :D

Back
Top Bottom