FIFA 09 PS3/360 Discussion Thread

Sounds fucking awful. 5v5 was a great step forward but had huge issues regards the multitude of ways that arseholes could ruin the experience. It would have been very easy to sew up all these holes and make it a much better mode, but it sounds like all they've done is push it up to 10v10 arseholes, no new options at all, but extra lag because there's now 20 online.

Haven't got the game yet but my anticipation is far from fever pitch.

The best online experience in my opinion, is a game of 2 vs 2, on any.

You can get some seriously good passing moves, 1-2's etc.

10 vs 10 is just going to be too much for my liking.

Little shitheads just have a laugh, flaming and just generally being nobbish.

Me...I take this shit serious...!!!

The best online experience in my opinion, is a game of 2 vs 2, on any.

You can get some seriously good passing moves, 1-2's etc.

10 vs 10 is just going to be too much for my liking.

Little shitheads just have a laugh, flaming and just generally being nobbish.

Me...I take this shit serious...!!!

Yeah.....but surely if you find a solid group of people all willing to show some discipline, then you'll get some enjoyment out of well and truly pumping these young kids.

Yeah 2v2 was invariably the best experience on FIFA08, but you could't FIX it to 2v2. Is this option in 09? I know, it's almost pointless asking as it seems they've done as much to improve this mode as they have with manager mode, ie. fuck all.

10v10 should be good if we get the evo team going and everyone plays their position properly, but I can't see the same 10 people getting online at the same time very often.

So, anyone can still pause the game properly (when it's out of play) and hold it up for everyone else?

I take it it's just another year of Barca v Man U too? No ability to fix which teams play?

And in the lobby, still hanging around waiting for muppets who refuse to go "Ready"?

Thanks for the feedback.

pretty much yea... atleast with the pause thing they cant do it mid play

but for everything else yes that can be a factor...

my main gripe is not being able to limit the amount of players per side, and good chance you will end up with randoms on your side if you havn't got 10 players, unless your playing clubs but i am talking about playing with your mates against randoms

:-ll

:applaud::applaud::applaud::applaud::applaud:

The Postman has been kind, and City are 4.5 stars.

I'm off to experience Nirvana!!!!!!

I played a few 6v5 last night, we never quite got to the 10v10, and for me it was smooth. no real noticable lag.

Finally headed to my kip around 1ish as I had to get up for work.

Had a round 5 online 1v1 games, one was laggy, but that may have been due to a bad connection or just the fact that Live seemed to be slow last night too.

I think if you get teams of 10 folk that you know, e.g. from here then the experience will be great.

Geez.....cheer up Winston. Reading your posts is like slowly settling to the bottom of the ocean.

My posts are always quality. And you should know all about slowly settling to the bottom of the ocean, what being a Pars fan and all.

Anyone playing this on a 42"+ Full HD LCD TV? I need to choose a new model :(

I will be tomorrow - I have a Samsung but can't remember the model - it's the main Samsung one if that helps.

I have a surround sound system called "Xbox" that allows me to have the dvd player, sky hd and 360 all plugged in at the same time (think I've got two spare ports too) - it's marvellous.

Shame I'll be listening to one year old commentary on a brand new game......

I will be tomorrow - I have a Samsung but can't remember the model - it's the main Samsung one if that helps.

I have a surround sound system called "Xbox" that allows me to have the dvd player, sky hd and 360 all plugged in at the same time (think I've got two spare ports too) - it's marvellous.

Shame I'll be listening to one year old commentary on a brand new game......

Presumably you played the demo of Fifa09? That was ok?

We have a Samsung HD Ready 32" and Fifa09 looks great on it, but on the new Philips Full HD 42" we got at the weekend Fifa09 looks horrible, and the contrast keeps dynamically shifting about 20% depending on which side of the pitch the ball is on (and yes I turned off all the automated picture settings as well as choosing "game mode" for the HDMI connetcion) :(

Been looking at the Toshiba 42Z3030DG as it has 100Hz which supposedly is the big thing now?

Presumably you played the demo of Fifa09? That was ok?

Yep, looks very good indeedy.

We have a Samsung HD Ready 32" and Fifa09 looks great on it, but on the new Philips Full HD 42" we got at the weekend Fifa09 looks horrible, and the contrast keeps dynamically shifting about 20% depending on which side of the pitch the ball is on (and yes I turned off all the automated picture settings as well as choosing "game mode" for the HDMI connetcion) :(

fk me, thats a bit of a sh*tter that - I would have thought if anyone on these forums could fine tune their tv to the optimim setting it would be you.

Been looking at the Toshiba 42Z3030DG as it has 100Hz which supposedly is the big thing now?

Looks like a good choice but I don't like the stand too much - I prefer the flat/circular type.

Anyway.....not off topic at all.... :-)

Tried PES2009 360 demo.

1st game, 1st play, I pass to Ronaldo, run through a few defenders, unbalenced left-footed shot from over 30m away...

...goal.

I'm getting FIFA09 tomorrow and I'll be so happy... :) even though you bastards are playing it already... :lol:

This is just a brilliant game. The Live Season makes it even better.

Started my first match on Legendary difficulty, as Newcastle against Sunderland (as you do), with the Live Season in effect. So yeah, a lot of players have gone down in skill for both sides, especially the defences.

Went 1-0 down, then pulled it back at start of second half. Only for them to take the lead, but don't worry, I got a second equaliser. Only for them to score again against this awful defence, Taylor is useless in the air, whereas Colo isn't. And now I've just got a third equaliser, meaning in these last 30 minutes it's all for the taking.

MON ME!

Back
Top Bottom