FIFA 09 PS3/360 Discussion Thread

I am absolutely in love with this game. It is truly a Master Piece. I still love Pro Evo just for the old times cause this game gave me so much joy over the years. But Fifa09 is the hottest thing i've ever played. It feels, looks and plays just so real. And you have to play Football to enjoy it the best, you have to play Football - finally!

Well, at least when I get my first complaints about the game out, I wont be the first to do it :LOL:

Seems to be the same flaws cropping up that people are recognising, but all saying the game is great all the same.

Fingers crossed I like it! :LOL:

Has anyone created a BAP club yet? Do you pick a real team and use their players and kits? Or create your own team name and kits?

Just played two BAP matches with a serie B team (well their reserves) and in both matches players from the other team and also my team just take the ball and run around with it for over 20 in game minutes without passing the ball. I had to get out of position several times to get closer to the ball and press the pass button for my players to stop do this. It even happened when I was winning 2-0 and one cpu player (other team) just walked around with the ball until the game was over. This never happened to me in Euro's CYC. I play on world class so there should be decent AI, this is like the annoying thing in 08 when they run around in circles and you can't take the ball... ugh, if this is in every game I can't see myself play this mode at all. The AI in CYC was so amazing and the first impression of this is just shit.

I have also noticed that AI players runs around with the ball, and refuses to pass it. I also noticed that its the generated players that do this, so I only saw it in reserves matches. I commented earlier about how extremly random these generated players are, I really dont think they put a lot of work into that part of the game.

Last edited:
Thanks for the answer. And that's pretty lame on EA's part. I remember reading this interview with David Rutter on OperationSports where he said:

OperationSports.jpg

yea, i am not happy about that either

I knew online 10v10 would be full of glory-seeking idiots who have no concept of how to play football. I guess any online mode is only as good as the people playing it. Think I'll stick with the AI and my mates thanks.
join a BAP team and then u will fully embraces online 10v10

I read elsewhere that when playing as Spurs you still get Andy Gray going on & on about potential, underachievement and how Martin Jol has set them in the right direction...

Fuck me, I know it's all sickeningly true but I don't wanna hear the same speech each year in FIFA, the commentary will be off or changed to a foreign language methinks.

Bah! Sounds like its still got really annoying bugs that will spoil the game.

10v10 sounds as bad as I feared - even if you play in a club, you've got to hope you find a good 10 to play against.

I do praise EA for the vision of doing 10v10 - imagine how good it would be with organised (serious) leagues etc - but the fact of facing a load of randoms and 20 people shouting over the mic.... *shudder*

I have also noticed that AI players runs around with the ball, and refuses to pass it. I also noticed that its the generated players that do this, so I only saw it in reserves matches. I commented earlier about how extremly random these generated players are, I really dont think they put a lot of work into that part of the game.

That give me some hope that I don't have to see that when I'm in the real team. And what's up with all the players with big afros anyways, I guess these are the generated ones. Just weird with a bunch of black men with big blond afros running around.

pboreham: You only hear your own team though, maybe you hear the others when the play gets stopped like when a goal is scored. And I think it can be pretty OK in the club mode. I've played some NHL 09 in their online clubs and every match is pretty good, people never quit because that just give their team minus points so people stick to it even if they lose 0-10. But just random 10 vs 10 will never work, it was the same with 5 vs 5 really.

Last edited:
Bah! Sounds like its still got really annoying bugs that will spoil the game.

10v10 sounds as bad as I feared - even if you play in a club, you've got to hope you find a good 10 to play against.

I do praise EA for the vision of doing 10v10 - imagine how good it would be with organised (serious) leagues etc - but the fact of facing a load of randoms and 20 people shouting over the mic.... *shudder*

well i suppose to get to that point where we will have a great 10vs 10 there has to be a starting point and a learning curve so hats off to EA.

I think Clubs will be fine as most teams will have players who are used to playing 5v5 in the same team. Hopefully they'll also be a bit more disciplined than the kids going on for a quick game.

If not, they're just going to get caned by the "proper" teams who are organised and will pick off the spaces left when everyone darts to the ball and leaves their position :DD

well i suppose to get to that point where we will have a great 10vs 10 there has to be a starting point and a learning curve so hats off to EA.

Ah yea, totally - like I said, its what we've all dreamed of (well, that and Jessica Alba).

10 v 10 online - and EA always said they wanted this and then to hold a FIFA World Cup, so that will be interesting.

I think the people that take it really seriously, clans and people who are in LAN Party Clubs (do they still exist?) will have a ball with 10 v 10 if they can get 20 like minded serious footie fans that want to play the game properly. I imagine if you had that, it would be awesome.

I think Clubs will be fine as most teams will have players who are used to playing 5v5 in the same team. Hopefully they'll also be a bit more disciplined than the kids going on for a quick game.

If not, they're just going to get caned by the "proper" teams who are organised and will pick off the spaces left when everyone darts to the ball and leaves their position :DD

yeah i cant wait to get going. I will be a disciplined player and not a headless chicken. Whether ill be any good or not is another question :LOL:

Can anybody tell me if there's a way to alter the controller configuration seperately for attack and defence. For example - I want finesse as L1 but I want to keep the 'change player' as L1 in defence. Whenever I change the setting of finesse shot it automatically changes the defensive equivalent... help???

playing ranked 10v10 matches will be epic. i highly doubt u will see many stupid players in a ranked match cuz i know most people will play there best in a ranked game.

How wonderful! My order from Game is still being picked and packed! 48 hours and counting... Jesus christ, what the hell are they up to? I will never get the game from England to Sweden by tomorrow now.

Ok to points 1/2/3 its a No. There really arent any host options at all other than set stadium etc.

Its a shithouse mode - Lag fest, people doing dumb things, people yelling over mic the whole time and goals caused by nothing else but lag (press tackle, but then you get the ball so it passes). Everyone plays on assisted and just shoots from anywhere and gets it top corner. Lame.

Will be good for you guys around europe because you should play it alright but random aussies really arent fun to play with.

Sounds fucking awful. 5v5 was a great step forward but had huge issues regards the multitude of ways that arseholes could ruin the experience. It would have been very easy to sew up all these holes and make it a much better mode, but it sounds like all they've done is push it up to 10v10 arseholes, no new options at all, but extra lag because there's now 20 online.

Haven't got the game yet but my anticipation is far from fever pitch.

Sounds fucking awful. 5v5 was a great step forward but had huge issues regards the multitude of ways that arseholes could ruin the experience. It would have been very easy to sew up all these holes and make it a much better mode, but it sounds like all they've done is push it up to 10v10 arseholes, no new options at all, but extra lag because there's now 20 online.

Haven't got the game yet but my anticipation is far from fever pitch.

it is not laggy mate no worse than 08 thats for sure- all depends on the connections i guess!

but the options are missing when i expected them to be in :((

they sorted the pause issue out, you pause now and it brings your menu up while the game continues, when you have the ball and it is out of play then you can pause properly

Has ANYONE canceled an order from game.co.uk sometime? I want to, but when I fill out the form to do so, they tell me my Postcode is "invalid"...wtf?!

I've now played 5 games on normal speed and 5 on slow and normal seems to be the most realistic pace to me. Slow is easier as it gives you more time on the ball but after playing a few matches at the default setting first, the lower setting now seems unrealistically slow at times to me

Tried 10v10 for the first time tonight. Random matches is something similiar to kindergarden football. Half of the team chases the ball, some try to keep formation, and 1-2 is making sure they always are in offside position.

God I can't wait to bump into a team like that - imagine the space on the pitch to tackle them, boot it across the pitch and run down with 4 against the keeper. 10 - 0 games against idiots - lovely stuff!

Anyone else other than me irritated that they've not attempted to change the basics of the game like the menus? It kinda slaps you in the face that this is just last years game with tweaks when you see that and get a big deja vu moment as you unpause and hear 08's commentary kick in repeating the same old shit again.

it is not laggy mate no worse than 08 thats for sure- all depends on the connections i guess!

but the options are missing when i expected them to be in :((

they sorted the pause issue out, you pause now and it brings your menu up while the game continues, when you have the ball and it is out of play then you can pause properly

So, anyone can still pause the game properly (when it's out of play) and hold it up for everyone else?

I take it it's just another year of Barca v Man U too? No ability to fix which teams play?

And in the lobby, still hanging around waiting for muppets who refuse to go "Ready"?

Thanks for the feedback.

Back
Top Bottom