FIFA 09 PS3/360 Discussion Thread

Traits don't exist in Fifa09 apparently, there are no traits visible for players, no traits you can edit, etc.

I don't get it. For every one step forward EA takes an inexplicable 10 steps back in all of their games. Just random little stuff that you wouldn't even think would be removed from year to year.

But once again to anyone who has the game and has played the 10 v 10 online portion.

Does anyone know if it is at all possible in the REGULAR 10 v 10 (not the club thing) to limit the number of people that can play on your team. Say you only wanna lock it at 5 users instead of allowing all 10 to be user-controlled.

Also, can you designate an ANY if you are the host? So that this season instead of 2 people choosing ANY when you only want the captain to, 5 people don't choose it now.

Lastly, can you boot people that sit in the center and mess around if you're the host. I've been asking these questions for awhile now and nobody has ever discussed it or asked it in the Q & A's or the hands-on previews. Now that people have the game can anyone tell me this?

I just want some injuries... :LOL:

Yeah hopefully players are out for longer than 1 game now.

Last edited:
Traits don't exist in Fifa09 apparently, there are no traits visible for players, no traits you can edit, etc.
Hmmm I don't mind that TBH, it would be nice to get a short check list from your scout or transfer guy telling you what the player is like, say he's aggressive or tends to hug the touchlines or weak in the air etc,
I just want some injuries... :LOL:

hey man im going to be in lisbon next weekend on my honeymoon can i come to your house and play :)

Would be very nice to meet you but i have a feeling i´m not getting the game this week :| Where are you going to stay exactly? You should have come last weekend though , i had free tickets to Benfica - Sporting ;)

It can. Turn off any picture processing, noise reduction etc. and see if your TV has a game mode.

Thanks! :))

My order too, this is just a quick guess but i think they're shipping to UK clients first, at least 3 UK members from this forum had their games dispatched today, not a fair policy since i've made my pre-order months ago.

Yes that seems to be the case... that's really poor. I thought ordering from Game would get me the game faster. But apparently Fifa is released tomorrow here in Sweden :((

same here...thats the status since yesterday! heck thats a long packing! :lol:

Haha yeah it really is. Well if it hasn't been dispatched by tomorrow morning I'm buying the game in the store and returning my copy from GAME when it arrives.

I am a bit confused - do you mean that there are no ratings for the player... like how accurate their shot is, how fast they are or how good their heading skills are?

I am a bit confused - do you mean that there are no ratings for the player... like how accurate their shot is, how fast they are or how good their heading skills are?

Traits are additional "special attributes" which certain players had in Fifa08, for example Michael Owen of course has "injury prone", he also has IIRC "tries to beat last man" and a couple of others, Mark Viduka on the other hand had "target forward" meaning he tried to get on the end of high balls played into him, in Fifa09 none of these traits are visible, there is no section to view them, there is no section to edit them, I know for a fact players in the database were assigned traits because I assigned them to my four teams, so the question is: did EA do away with traits completely or traits are in Fifa09 but they're hidden away so you don't know what special qualities a player has until you play against him or sign him?

I'll try to find out the answer from my EA contacts.

Traits are additional "special attributes" which certain players had in Fifa08, for example Michael Owen of course has "injury prone", he also has IIRC "tries to beat last man" and a couple of others, Mark Viduka on the other hand had "target forward" meaning he tried to get on the end of high balls played into him, in Fifa09 none of these traits are visible, there is no section to view them, there is no section to edit them, I know for a fact players in the database were assigned traits because I assigned them to my four teams, so the question is: did EA do away with traits completely or traits are in Fifa09 but they're hidden away so you don't know what special qualities a player has until you play against him or sign him?

I'll try to find out the answer from my EA contacts.

One of the videos they said they had a hidden stat for player 'who go down easily' which would suggest they're in.

Tried 10v10 for the first time tonight. Random matches is something similiar to kindergarden football. Half of the team chases the ball, some try to keep formation, and 1-2 is making sure they always are in offside position. Not suprised, as this was something I expected, but Im more concerned about the lag. Played 3 matches, and they all lagged. I really, really hope this has something to do with the fact that xbox live was kind of unstable before these matches. If that kind of lag will be normal in 10v10, it can easily kill the mode.

I have a couple of questions about the manager mode:

1. Do players value go up and down?
2. How many years is manager mode limited to or is it unlimited.
3. Can you move between teams? E.g. get asked to manage another club.
4. As you progress can you manage international teams?

Thanks. :)

I have a couple of questions about the manager mode:

1. Do players value go up and down?
2. How many years is manager mode limited to or is it unlimited.
3. Can you move between teams? E.g. get asked to manage another club.
4. As you progress can you manage international teams?

Thanks. :)
I don't have the game yet but I'm almost certain it's a no to 3 and 4 and it's 15 seasons same as 08...

Tried 10v10 for the first time tonight. Random matches is something similiar to kindergarden football. Half of the team chases the ball, some try to keep formation, and 1-2 is making sure they always are in offside position. Not suprised, as this was something I expected, but Im more concerned about the lag. Played 3 matches, and they all lagged. I really, really hope this has something to do with the fact that xbox live was kind of unstable before these matches. If that kind of lag will be normal in 10v10, it can easily kill the mode.

A bit worrying (the lag). Anyone else had a 10v10 experience like, or unlike this? I can think of some potential reasons though... for instance. Most people who have the game now are probably NOT British...

Last edited:

Ok, can you answer any of these questions?

Can you:
1) Designate who can play ANY on the team so that instead of last year when 2 people would choose ANY when you only wanted the captain to, we won't have 5 people doing it this year.

2) Can you limit your team to a certain number of user-controlled players. If you don't want all 10 be user-controlled, can you, if you're the host, set it to 6 people on your team only. Or make only YOUR team private or something.

3) Can you boot people out of the room if you're the host.

Really I just want a rundown of the 10 v 10 BAP mode as NOBODY has talked about it at all. I don't get the game for another 2 weeks and I know a good number of Aussies have it now. Surely enough to get some of these 10 v 10 matches going.

I don't have the game yet but I'm almost certain it's a no to 3 and 4 and it's 15 seasons same as 08...

Thanks Nick. Pah. Thats pathetic then. 15 seasons and no manager movement? So I see SWOS career mode has not been beaten in over a decade of football games.

Ok, can you answer any of these questions?

Can you:
1) Designate who can play ANY on the team so that instead of last year when 2 people would choose ANY when you only wanted the captain to, we won't have 5 people doing it this year.

2) Can you limit your team to a certain number of user-controlled players. If you don't want all 10 be user-controlled, can you, if you're the host, set it to 6 people on your team only. Or make only YOUR team private or something.

3) Can you boot people out of the room if you're the host.

Really I just want a rundown of the 10 v 10 BAP mode as NOBODY has talked about it at all. I don't get the game for another 2 weeks and I know a good number of Aussies have it now. Surely enough to get some of these 10 v 10 matches going.

I would answer you if I could. But I havent hosted yet, so I dont know what options you have as host. I guess the info on 10v10 will starting flowing tomorrow

Edit: Got kind of curious myself, so I booted up fifa again. Started a new 10v10 session. From what I can see, the options when creating a session is similiar to those for 5v5. Didnt see any extra options in the game lobby either, so you shouldnt get your hopes up. I would think there is a better chance that the options you request is available in fifa clubs.

Last edited:
Thanks Nick. Pah. Thats pathetic then. 15 seasons and no manager movement? So I see SWOS career mode has not been beaten in over a decade of football games.
Nope it's disappointing, it's another one of those "we did not have time to do anything with manager mode this time but it will be fantastic next year" things....
They should just bang that on the box...

Sorry but he's wrong, you can move to different clubs, there's just no hiring and firing unfortunately, at the end of the season it asks if you want to stay in your current job, if you say no you then can choose a new team to manage.

Sorry but he's wrong, you can move to different clubs, there's just no hiring and firing unfortunately, at the end of the season it asks if you want to stay in your current job, if you say no you then can choose a new team to manage.

That's the same as 08 though He asked do you get offers etc from other clubs or sacked etc...
It is 15 seasons though right?

Last edited:

I see. Well at least thats better. Thanks Placebo.

That's the same as 08 though He asked do you get offers etc from other clubs or sacked etc...
It is 15 seasons though right?

Im sorry I have caused some confusion. I meant could you move clubs not whether you were offered/hired/sacked. You see I havent played FIFA's manager mode in 10 years so im not intune with all the latest going on. But I believe we all are hoping that one day the manager mode will be as deep as Football Manager but you actually play the games. :)

Im sorry I have caused some confusion. I meant could you move clubs not whether you were offered/hired/sacked. You see I havent played FIFA's manager mode in 10 years so im not intune with all the latest going on. But I believe we all are hoping that one day the manager mode will be as deep as Football Manager but you actually play the games. :)

Ah I see it's pretty much the same as 08 when you join a club they say what they expect you to do, ie finish in top 3 etc. Then at the end of the season they offer you a new contract, they only last for 1 year and you can only manage a maximum of 15 seasons...

You don't have to sign with them and you can get sacked too apparently though this has never happened to me even if you don't achieve what they ask they have always asked if I want to re sign and I have always said yes...:SS

Back
Top Bottom