FIFA 09 PS3/360 Discussion Thread

I pretty sure you will have no problem with DLC. Having a PAL version will not stop you downloading adidas live season.

Also online in FIFA is worldwide. Having a PAL version will let you play with anyone in the world.. I have Asian version of FIFA 08 but live in the UK. I can still play with anyone so there will be no problems.

Sorry to bother you with cables again :)

But once and for all, what will give me the best picture quality? The microsoft VGA cable or the original one, the HD-AV cable?

Bought a tv today and tried with the original HD-AV cable, but I don't think it looks any good...

But once and for all, what will give me the best picture quality? The microsoft VGA cable or the original one, the HD-AV cable?

Bought a tv today and tried with the original HD-AV cable, but I don't think it looks any good...

Some people prefer component over VGA, but I think VGA generally looks nicer and better. A lot sharper.

I pretty sure you will have no problem with DLC. Having a PAL version will not stop you downloading adidas live season.

Also online in FIFA is worldwide. Having a PAL version will let you play with anyone in the world.. I have Asian version of FIFA 08 but live in the UK. I can still play with anyone so there will be no problems.

great, thanks!! :))

I prefer VGA too. It really depends on the TV though, it looks a lot sharper on mine.:))

Picked it up (PS3) off the shelf in G-Force (Glasgow) - Thanks to Shooto for the heads up.

Now just need to wait for the wife to go out and then i'm on all night!!:DD:DD:DD

Really? It should be pretty tough to tell the difference between the different high def cables. I'm assuming you've flicked the switch on the connector to ensure it's in HD mode? And you've selected an HD mode from the menu of your 360?

Only gripe I have so far is that you cannot edit player's appearances - oh and why do all goalkeepers have shitty kits!??!

This is one of the things which is quite minor but really annoys me, I can almost understand lower league teams having generic keeper kits, but the England national team? It's not on.

Enjoying it online though, except for the fact they keep resetting the leaderboards.

Playing Manager Mode with Galatasaray.

It's soooo brilliant! The crowd sounds are awesome and everything is just original! Won my first game 2-0 against Trabzonspor. It was 1-0 for me in the 88 minut. Corner for Trabzonspor the keeper in my 16 and all the defenders. I shooted the ball forward to Nonda and he sprinted 60 meters and scored! haha really fantastic!

Tip for stadium choose: Stadio Classico!

Well, I haven't looked by you said there are 3 choices.

Manual - force Manual
Assisted - force assisted
Any - Any

I'd assume that would force it, but I couldn't say for sure.

Why would you want to force a manual player to use assisted anyway?

that's exactly my point

I don't think "assisted" makes sense as it wouldn't be reasonable to force it

This is one of the things which is quite minor but really annoys me, I can almost understand lower league teams having generic keeper kits, but the England national team? It's not on.

Enjoying it online though, except for the fact they keep resetting the leaderboards.
When you say "can't edit players' appearances" does that mean you cannot even change boots, tape, sleeves, etc.?

Playing Manager Mode with Galatasaray.

It's soooo brilliant! The crowd sounds are awesome and everything is just original! Won my first game 2-0 against Trabzonspor. It was 1-0 for me in the 88 minut. Corner for Trabzonspor the keeper in my 16 and all the defenders. I shooted the ball forward to Nonda and he sprinted 60 meters and scored! haha really fantastic!

Tip for stadium choose: Stadio Classico!

How do you rate the nets WE?????

Really? It should be pretty tough to tell the difference between the different high def cables. I'm assuming you've flicked the switch on the connector to ensure it's in HD mode? And you've selected an HD mode from the menu of your 360?

Woah! What's that? Selected an HD mode from the menu on my 360? No I'm pretty sure I haven't... must look into that.

I've got a Philips 7403D 42". I must say I'm pretty dissapointed with the picture quality... Looks a lot nicer on my mates TV.

Go into display settings on your 360 and select an HD resolution. If you haven't done that, you're just watching a standard definition picture. Set the resolution as high as your TV will allow and as I said, if your cable has a switch on the connector, make sure it's set to HD mode.

Go into display settings on your 360 and select an HD resolution. If you haven't done that, you're just watching a standard definition picture. Set the resolution as high as your TV will allow and as I said, if your cable has a switch on the connector, make sure it's set to HD mode.

Thanks a million! :TU:
I'm such a fkin idiot with this stuff :)

Hmm...do you know if settings on your TV can make games react slower to your control presses? Because right now my Fifa 09 demo has the reaction times of Fifa 07! :-ll

And WTF is wrong with GAME? My order is still being picked and packed!!

And WTF is wrong with GAME? My order is still being picked and packed!!

My order too, this is just a quick guess but i think they're shipping to UK clients first, at least 3 UK members from this forum had their games dispatched today, not a fair policy since i've made my pre-order months ago.

My order too, this is just a quick guess but i think they're shipping to UK clients first, at least 3 UK members from this forum had their games dispatched today, not a fair policy since i've made my pre-order months ago.

hey man im going to be in lisbon next weekend on my honeymoon can i come to your house and play :)

Damn Blockbuster. I dont mind waiting until Friday but im worried that the pre-order price of £39.99 wont apply to the PS3 version. What if its £44.99 or worse £49.99!

same here...thats the status since yesterday! heck thats a long packing! :lol:

Back
Top Bottom