FIFA 09 PS3/360 Discussion Thread

Spot on - think people will be surprised by PES this year judging by the very latest videos. :)
Not really, Its better than PES 2008 thats for sure but that is no benchmark. It's still the old game which now I'm afraid is outdated.

Went in to GeForce in Glasgow at lunchtime and waited 10 mins for "the van" coming with the copies.

Had to go back to work, but any of you weegies out there, looks like GeForce are selling it this afternoon.

Whats the betting they are sold out after I finish work :-(

Cheers
Shooto

Just phoned the clydebank branch and the guy told me he couldn't tell me on the phone when it was available other than it was due for release on 3rd Oct. He then went on to say in a hushed voice "still it might be worth popping in to have a look at what we have available" nudge nudge wink wink. So all i need to do now is find a way to leave work early enough to get to Clydebank by 5:30 and convince them that despite the business suit i am not from trading standards!!
Fingers crossed - the missus is out tonight and Friday and has pals coming round tomorrow night so that sounds to me like 3 nights uninteruppted if all goes according to plan:DD

Just phoned the clydebank branch and the guy told me he couldn't tell me on the phone when it was available other than it was due for release on 3rd Oct. He then went on to say in a hushed voice "still it might be worth popping in to have a look at what we have available" nudge nudge wink wink. So all i need to do now is find a way to leave work early enough to get to Clydebank by 5:30 and convince them that despite the business suit i am not from trading standards!!
Fingers crossed - the missus is out tonight and Friday and has pals coming round tomorrow night so that sounds to me like 3 nights uninteruppted if all goes according to plan:DD

Gimme your work number and I'll call in a bomb scare for you ;)

^ :lmao: Same here please!!! Could you do an asbestos call at my work so we have to have thursday and friday off?

(Some people do actually know where I work, so just to point out this is actually a joke and I don't want it to be done!)

Some more news I've been hearing:

No longer a way to view each player's traits (if players even still have traits?).
Less individual player attributes than Fifa08.
No free transfers in game like Appiah, Fat Ronaldo etc. they don't exist.

Spot on - think people will be surprised by PES this year judging by the very latest videos. :)
Better than PES 08 but still looks shit, arcadey and way outdated.
Same game as any other PES essentially, what is there to be surprised about? I have not heard of one major gameplay improvement on PES5 even.

Anyway, this is the FIFA thread, where we discuss the best football simulation available :).

I think i'm going to delete the demo now and play other games until I get the game.

Gimme your work number and I'll call in a bomb scare for you ;)

:LOL::LOL::LOL:

Cheers for the offer - strangely enough my company has a clydebank office - i haven't been there for a while - think today might be a good day to head over there just to see how everyone is doing:DD

Popped up from work for 10 minutes to check my e-mails and happily found a dispatch e-mail from ShopTo.. I was wrong to doubt them.

Working till 9.30 tonight.. come in and watch the CL highlights till 11 by which point I'll be shattered since I've been up since 6am so I'll fall asleep and get up bright and early to get tore into this in the morning.

All is well.

:)

This game is awsome..just started manager mode as liverpool , world class setting and its fecking hard..my results so far are

Liverpool 0 0 Stoke City
Chelsea 2 1 Liverpool
Tottenham 0 1 Liverpool (Yeah!)
Liverpool 0 0 Aresnal
West Ham 0 0 Liverpool

Cup
Swansea 1 0 Liverpool ( Fukers - Jammy Penalty)

As you can see Im pretty shit but im only used to semi-pro mode..
Overall this game is superb..the reaction times the little touches..the players characters are something that really suprised me..dont listen to all that PES bullshit..for example I play in Dynamic view and you can tell who the players are..Drogba is a nightmare to deal with in the air due to his size and strength,,Torres is super fast..it is all brilliant..well done EA!!

Popped up from work for 10 minutes to check my e-mails and happily found a dispatch e-mail from ShopTo.. I was wrong to doubt them.

Working till 9.30 tonight.. come in and watch the CL highlights till 11 by which point I'll be shattered since I've been up since 6am so I'll fall asleep and get up bright and early to get tore into this in the morning.

All is well.

:)

i got a reciept from them not a despatch email.

Could someone please tell me if Fraizer Campbell is at Spurs (I realise Berbatov is at United, but you know..) ?

Cheers.

Someone said Voronin was still at Liverpool so I'm not sure if loans are reflected in the game?

Loans are reflected or at least they should be.

I think EA will be posting a roster update on Friday to fix any mistakes, because they are using a database build which is a few weeks old.

Some more news I've been hearing:

No longer a way to view each player's traits (if players even still have traits?).
Less individual player attributes than Fifa08.
No free transfers in game like Appiah, Fat Ronaldo etc. they don't exist.

So, if R9 sign City, theres nothing we can do??? Thats really sucks, dont know why while the game have a lot of improvements, in the same way take some steps back.

So, if R9 sign City, theres nothing we can do??? Thats really sucks, dont know why while the game have a lot of improvements, in the same way take some steps back.

I think if (and its a big if) we sign The "real" Ronaldo, EA will put him in the game with a transfer update, the very latest being Jan 1st.

In other great news, i've just recieved my Order Reciept confirming my order :applaud: :DANCE: :w00t:

Someone said Voronin was still at Liverpool so I'm not sure if loans are reflected in the game?

Yeah, I saw Voronin in the Liverpool reserves, but I also saw Barazite at Derby and Traore at Portsmouth. So I guess Voronin is a case of mistake, not that loans arent reflected.

Last edited:
just lost my 1st online match on pens after been 1-0 up in ET i tap a to skip the replays but no my goalie passes it to his striker and he equalises! fifa 08 like school boy error then I lose on pens so *****ng annoying!

5-1 record now

Gomito, that is an American site.

i know, its surprising cause people on here bashes americans for not knowing shit about football, about being annoying online,but they have a very indepth and informative website, about the beatiful game, fifa that is... and the information is not a bunch of people arguing about which game is better, or untucked shirts, there is actually useful information and videos posted

i know, its surprising cause people on here bashes americans for not knowing shit about football, about being annoying online,but they have a very indepth and informative website, about the beatiful game, fifa that is... and the information is not a bunch of people arguing about which game is better, or untucked shirts, there is actually useful information and videos posted

thats a plain stupid thinking imo.
just cause ure born in a certain place doesnt necessarily makes u a genious or a dumb in a specific subject. specially now with the globalization.

Back
Top Bottom