FIFA 09 PS3/360 Discussion Thread

I have an old skool XBox360 sadly, with no HDMI output. Shame really, as my mates COD4 looks a bit sweeter than mine does on his new 360. My Panasonic 42" plasma does the job, though, but I wouldnt mind the HDMI feature of the console. Alas.

Went in to GeForce in Glasgow at lunchtime and waited 10 mins for "the van" coming with the copies.

Had to go back to work, but any of you weegies out there, looks like GeForce are selling it this afternoon.

Whats the betting they are sold out after I finish work :-(

Cheers
Shooto

I think you play a friendly in night mode. Quit it and then play your manager mode game.

Anyone else looking forward to downloading the PES demo tomorrow? Should be a laugh....

I think you play a friendly in night mode. Quit it and then play your manager mode game.

Anyone else looking forward to downloading the PES demo tomorrow? Should be a laugh....

Don't think you need to play the game, if its like fifa 08 you just change the settings in Kick Off and the same stadium and conditions will play out through MM.

In Fifa 08 all you had to do was go to the screen where you can select the ball and conditions, set it to night and then you can quit back to main menu. You dont even have to start the game. Just load up the MM then and your next game will be at night!.

Don't think you need to play the game, if its like fifa 08 you just change the settings in Kick Off and the same stadium and conditions will play out through MM.

So, on this basis, in theory you can alternate between weather and lighting conditions by simply exiting and starting another friendly, before re-loading the MM?

Perhaps a long winded way of going about setting it up, but do-able?

So, on this basis, in theory you can alternate between weather and lighting conditions by simply exiting and starting another friendly, before re-loading the MM?

Perhaps a long winded way of going about setting it up, but do-able?

Correct, but like i said above - you dont have to start the friendly for this to work!.:DD

Does anyone know the cut off time to pre order with GAME to have a chance of getting the game tomorrow?

The only information on thier website seems to be that they dispatch the day before release so you get the game on release day.

But people on here have experience already of recieving early from GAME.

Heh, I did that.

Took me fucking ages!

Then you deserve much credit as you did an excellent job :)

In Fifa 08 all you had to do was go to the screen where you can select the ball and conditions, set it to night and then you can quit back to main menu. You dont even have to start the game. Just load up the MM then and your next game will be at night!.

IIRC you have to change the settings for the stadium you're about to play a match on, then you load manager mode and have to save your game right there for the settings to take (I think that's right), otherwise the changes will only last for 1 match.

Bear in mind, that Ivy Lane (this years Stadium De Twatez) doesn't have a night option - only day and overcast...

It will be a laugh, it will be like going back in time after playing FIFA 09.

That's if I even waste any time and bandwidth on downloading the demo...

Then you deserve much credit as you did an excellent job :)

IIRC you have to change the settings for the stadium you're about to play a match on, then you load manager mode and have to save your game right there for the settings to take (I think that's right), otherwise the changes will only last for 1 match.

Yeah thats right Placebo. As i play 10min halves though, i just play a couple of games on the trott anyway then quit.

Does anyone know the cut off time to pre order with GAME to have a chance of getting the game tomorrow?

The only information on thier website seems to be that they dispatch the day before release so you get the game on release day.

Why don't you order with ShopTO. They are far more reliable at getting the game to you a day early and they're cheaper....with free delivery. I use them all the time and they've never let me down.

Why don't you order with ShopTO. They are far more reliable at getting the game to you a day early and they're cheaper....with free delivery. I use them all the time and they've never let me down.

Cheers, i've seen people saying there were problems i guess they're sorted now from 1 or 2 posts.

I'll check the site now for a deadline to order by... unless anyone has any rough guesses already? :DD

I've had things sent at 7pm arrive the next day. Recently all my pre-orders have arrived on the Thursday using the free postage. They haven't dispatched FIFA yet though.

Picked my copy this morning. too bad I am still at work and wont be at home before 1-2am. damn

I doubt you'll see anything like that on the site. So long as they're still taking pre-orders though (they stopped with GTAIV), I reckon you'll be ok.

I'll be downloading it (PES 2009 Demo), I dont think its fair to criticize without playing the demo hands on.

Back
Top Bottom