FIFA 09 PS3/360 Discussion Thread

Got my 360 version today, ASDA in Manchester :) great game, just had 2 games. much improved on fifa 08. I didnt play the demo so no idea what it changes, my only gripe is.. as soon as you score it changes camera angle so you can see the celebrations, I wish it would just stay there so I can see the ball going in the net properly :P (dynamic v2)

Got my 360 version today, ASDA in Manchester :) great game, just had 2 games. much improved on fifa 08. I didnt play the demo so no idea what it changes, my only gripe is.. as soon as you score it changes camera angle so you can see the celebrations, I wish it would just stay there so I can see the ball going in the net properly :P (dynamic v2)

Where abouts mate? Is it out on the shelf no questions asked?

I don't know how you are getting it from ASDA because it wont go through the tills until Friday 12:01.

I have tried my mate works there and the till stops the transaction.

Just received my order receipt from shopTO......not quite a despatch notification but generally a sign that I'll be getting that e-mail at some point today. I would guess that their stock is now in and they're processing orders.

Harpurhey. I know a guy that works there, unfortunetely hes finished his shift now. Its wasnt on shelf when I was there, but you might get lucky

Cheers, seems like a long shot, i'm sure curiousity will get the better of me before the end of today... Wonder how long i can last!? :LOL:

Ea did state that due to all the other improvements they have made that they have virtually lef manager mode alone this year. People seem suprised. Sometimes as gamers we dont realise what goes into making these games so if they say that due to time restraints they could not work on mm mode then i will take their word for it. With a game that is yearly updated like fifa this will always be a downside. Hats of to EA for all they have done to make 09. Its converted me.

Oooh Sh%t, just got an email from Play, to say they have posted, thats all well and good, except I couldn't even remember I had pre-ordered with them, and instead have been checking my order (daily) with Shopto.

Managed to cancel my Shopto order in time, but Play are pretty slow, if posted today when do you reckon I will recieve ??

I always seem to receive Play stuff on a Saturday !!!!!

Oooh Sh%t, just got an email from Play, to say they have posted, thats all well and good, except I couldn't even remember I had pre-ordered with them, and instead have been checking my order (daily) with Shopto.

Managed to cancel my Shopto order in time, but Play are pretty slow, if posted today when do you reckon I will recieve ??

I always seem to receive Play stuff on a Saturday !!!!!

Couldn't you have just kept your ShopTo order and sent back the copy which arrived last?

Can somebody give me a list of the "250 improvements" please? :DD

Having played 08 a lot, as soon as i got into arena on 09 i could tell its a totally different game, experience wise. shots feel heavier, players have more weight on them, keepers improved, player models seem slimmer. gameplay is really good too, responsiveness is great

Having played 08 a lot, as soon as i got into arena on 09 i could tell its a totally different game, experience wise. shots feel heavier, players have more weight on them, keepers improved, player models seem slimmer. gameplay is really good too, responsiveness is great

Ok thats 5. :LOL:

I cant experience the full joys of this came, Im using SCART to watch it, not full HD. ghosting images :(

my mate has had a ps3 for over 6 months and he has been usinga scart lead coz he didnt even know he could use a hdmi cable. How dum. When i took over my euro2008 game and loaded it up i could not believe how crap it looked. I barrated him intensly. Thing is he was always going on about how good assasins creed looked and all the time it was through a scart. Mind u he is a spurs fan so i guess there is something wrong with him

Does anyone know where I can get a fixlist for the patch that was just released? EA forums are no good.

Unfortunately EA are very, very reluctant to release such information, when the update came out last year I had to beg and plead on the forums for 6 weeks to get an update list and I'm certain it wasn't a full list either.

Ea did state that due to all the other improvements they have made that they have virtually lef manager mode alone this year. People seem suprised. Sometimes as gamers we dont realise what goes into making these games so if they say that due to time restraints they could not work on mm mode then i will take their word for it. With a game that is yearly updated like fifa this will always be a downside. Hats of to EA for all they have done to make 09. Its converted me.

We knew manager mode was not getting any new additions, making midweek matches play out at night, making weather dynamic to the season is nothing like "managers get hired and fired so it's not game over if you're fired" for example.

We certainly didn't expect that they would remove a feature from Manager mode (the ability to assign squad numbers manually), sure it's not a big feature but IMO the removal of it is just shocking.

Just played a game on the 360, can't say how impressed I am, I didn't play the demo but this has blown me out of the water. Back for more!

Back
Top Bottom