FIFA 09 PS3/360 Discussion Thread

Yes it's very frustrating of course, not to mention the fact of no night matches in manager mode, no weather changes in manager mode, and apparently now no squad number assigning in manager mode, but based on the demo it's still the best football game available by far......

I just tested it, and it works the same way as in FIFA 08

if you have played a friendly at night, it will also be night in MM, same goes for cloudy

Guys, as a Fifa n00b, is it possible to edit the teams prior to MM or Exhibition games, adding players to teams and the like?

For example, creating myself and adding to the Tottenham squad, or updating a few transfers that have taken place which havent been picked up yet?

I realise the editor isnt quite up to PES standards (or so I gather), but would still hope this is a viable option.

Cheers.

Between the payment problem ShopTo were having and the fact that stock isn't in yet whereas other places have already dispatched.. I'm slightly worried.

Picked up the game this morning. Got sick on the way back from the shops so I decided to stay at home ;))
I went straight into MM. Selected AFC Bournemouth (D2). Objective: Finish in the top three. Yeah right.
I started with the following settings:
Controller config: Manual everything but shooting (semi).
Game pace: Fast (I find it better)
Game level: World Class.
I struggled to get a draw. Too bloody hard with players averaging 50-55 (overall) and to be honest, I found their responsiveness a bit slow, something between Euro 2008 and the demo. Not cool. Changed level to Pro. Much better but I still didn't like the response.
My scout came back with a few African and South American talents with overalls in the high 60's. What a change. Simply AMAZING. Loving the game again. I had a decent run (about 15 matches) until I faced Liverpool for the cup. No comment :blush:

There is only one thing that concerns me and it is the stupid slow down. Hopefully it is just my 360. It only happens after goal kicks as the ball approaches a crowded middle field. Although I can live with it, it is disappointing.

Last edited:
They've never let me down.

That said, I use Game 99% of the time now as they offer more discounts and have always delivered on a Thursday for me (FIFA was dispatched today).

It's the first time I've used them after getting fed up with play.

So do you always get your game the day after dispatch?

Between the payment problem ShopTo were having and the fact that stock isn't in yet whereas other places have already dispatched.. I'm slightly worried.

Well GAME have not dispatched my order yet either (couldn't cancel it for some stupid reason)...I guess all these shops will dispatch sometime during the day.

I've just looked on the Shopto forums and a staff member has said that the payment issue has been resolved (the customer notice is not on the front page any more). Apparently it wouldn't have affected payments for pre-orders anyway.

If a lot of you chaps end up with this tomorrow via Play etc. does that get classed as breaking the release date?
Basically, could I go into Blockbuster (where I have pre-ordered) and tell them it's on sale elsewhere and hopefully get it early?
I will probably get an answer just telling me to try it and see what happens but I was wondering if anybody has tried it before and what was the result?

I know it's only a day earlier but I want it and I want it f@cking now.

if you have played a friendly at night, it will also be night in MM, same goes for cloudy

Sorry mate, I'm new to next-gen... just to clarify, if I play a friendly match at night then it will kind of 'unlock' night games in Manager Mode or am I being stupid???

My GAME order he been despatched

Mine hasn't, I've heard they hold back express delivery orders, to make sure you don't get them before the release, which is annoying. You're better off ordering using the free postage.

Express delivery was free because I ordered a lot of stuff at once, so I thought "might as well use it".

Mine hasn't, I've heard they hold back express delivery orders, to make sure you don't get them before the release, which is annoying. You're better off ordering using the free postage.

Express delivery was free because I ordered a lot of stuff at once, so I thought "might as well use it".

I only preordered mine a couple of days ago too. Chose the £5 delivery

just went into Game in Bexleyheath to buy my daughter a ds game and half jokingly asked the bloke behind the counter to chuck in a copy of Fifa09 to which he responded with a smug smile and saying that they have boxes full in the stock room and that i had to wait til Friday and then, and this is the killer, he treid handing me a free demo disk. I nearly rammed it down his throat....smug bastard.

Last edited:
i got the game guys and already start a MM season with Arsenal its wonderfull game :) 4 hours of playing and tommorow i`ll be on again :P so if any one like to ask go on :) alo i played 1 Ranked Online patch with someone picking man utd beated me 2-1 :/ but it was a nice game he scored 2 goals with good counter attcak and keep defending all the time :/ any way its nice nice nice

my Psn id; NshNsh if anyone like to add me for a challange

Hey mate, are Manager Mode's transfers more realistic this time round? It already sounds like the good teams rise to the top of the league standings which is great news!

Guy from the SopTo office posted this on the forum yesterday:

Folks, both formats are confirmed for arrival with us tomorrow. In the meanwhile sit back, relax, chill, and await your confirmation of dispatch e-mail tomorrow. ;)

And make sure you have money on the card ready!

So seems all is well..

Sorry mate, I'm new to next-gen... just to clarify, if I play a friendly match at night then it will kind of 'unlock' night games in Manager Mode or am I being stupid???

it's not an unlocking but rather a saving because then all matches will be played at night (when the stadium allows it?)

weird, but that's how it worked in 08

but I also don't get Rutters explanation
why not simply make it random?

FIFA 09 will leave your 'pre-orders' and transfer to 'Orders' which can be found as a tab under 'My Account' where you'll see a status of some sort.

Last edited:

Sweet that's good then, my home stadium has only us using it in the Championship so I might set all my home matches to overcast and then all my away matches will be sunny, at least that changes things up a bit.

yes mine just updated i dont know what has been fixed yet huh, they certainly didnt fix the weather bug.

Last edited:
While all of you complain about having the game a bit late, :( I have the worst of it all. I need to wait until the 14th for it to release in Asia, and with me ordering it from Play-Asia it'll take even longer.

Been following this thread with great interest and for some reason decided to finally sign up.

I found this place when i stumbled across the official EA Forums and found they were full of some of the worst posts i've ever seen on an internet forum.

This place has really had some great discussion about the game, hopefully i'll have a chance to stick around and play a few of you online.

SO far i'm really impressed overall by the game, i play MM too and although its a bit disappointing to see they haven't fixed certain things i still can't wait to finally stop that sinking feeling as the ref blows the whistle after 2 mins!

Back
Top Bottom