FIFA 09 PS3/360 Discussion Thread

Does anybody know if they've fixed the bugs in MM? I can handle the same crap as last year to a large extent if we, maybe, get increased AI transfers which was a real immersion killer for me. bear in mind I'll be moving from a PS2 to a PS3 this year so I'm now thinking MM will go backwards for me??? Bugger...
I also wondered whether Be a Pro was improved this year, as the tasks to complete in 08 (such as 'don't concede more than 5 corners') were just plain rubbish?

Yea, looks like they are really going for online in a big way. Typical though, you can imagine the FIFA2010 press release.

"This year, we really listened to the feedback and pleased to announce that Play-Offs are featured in ALL leagues. This is a feature we were dieing to have in and we know our fans were too, but it just wasnt possible before - well, now we've delivered as part of our 350 new changes to this years game."

Fuckers!

Online is they way to play though so its makes sense that they are working on that side

Can it get any better than 11 vs 11 online? Thats the mode they should be concentrate on more then any single player aspect imo

Ok played a few more BAP season matches - The lineups of the reserve and 1st teams are chopping and changing all the time - taking account of injuries & form. - both ramsey and walcott were promoted to first team for the match at riverside but myself and bendtner stayed in reserves. Vela got droppped to the reserves.

Had a dusk match at riverside, now newcastle at home - night and raining. So I can confirm - BAP seasons has variable weather and match times.

WHY NOT IN MM??

Ok played a few more BAP season matches - The lineups of the reserve and 1st teams are chopping and changing all the time - taking account of injuries & form. - both ramsey and walcott were promoted to first team for the match at riverside but myself and bendtner stayed in reserves. Vela got droppped to the reserves.

Had a dusk match at riverside, now newcastle at home - night and raining. So I can confirm - BAP seasons has variable weather and match times.

WHY NOT IN MM??

Now that sounds awesome

It better still be a 4 player mode

I have some questions:

1. I read somewhere that the PS3 version of the game will have all commentary languages available. Is this true? How was it in FIFA 08?

2. Is the dlc and online updates region locked on the PS3 even if the game is region free? In other words if I'm in N.America and I buy the PAL version will I not be able to update the game online or use the Adidas Live Season?

3. If I try to play online with the PAL version on my NTSC system will I be only able to play with/against people in Europe and maybe having lag as opposed to being able to play with people in my same region?

Sorry for all the questions, but I'm considering importing this baby.

thanks,

MAJOR PROBLEM WITH THE 360 VERSION.

Weather appears in cutscenes and the BAP camera, and in replays.

Weather does not appear during general play on the tele camera or dynamic or the others except Pro (yes i resetted it to default settings) - massive, massive bug. So you dont see any rain falling or snow falling during general play - only during the cutscenes. This is a massive bug. So disappointed.

Weather does not appear during general play on the tele camera or dynamic or the others except Pro (yes i resetted it to default settings) - massive, massive bug. So you dont see any rain falling or snow falling during general play - only during the cutscenes. This is a massive bug. So disappointed.

Woah abit of shocker that how was that not noticed.

alot of peopl arent reporting the same problem though and i believe the ps3 version works fine.

whats wrong with my version?:SS

It seems like something that could be fixed pretty easily with a patch if enough people have the problem.

say what

lol gay

the videos a couple of pages back with players stopping runs happens for me alot in online matches so annoying!

and through balls can and will be whored!

i got the game guys and already start a MM season with Arsenal its wonderfull game :) 4 hours of playing and tommorow i`ll be on again :P so if any one like to ask go on :) alo i played 1 Ranked Online patch with someone picking man utd beated me 2-1 :/ but it was a nice game he scored 2 goals with good counter attcak and keep defending all the time :/ any way its nice nice nice

my Psn id; NshNsh if anyone like to add me for a challange

At this moment in time you can't save replays at all (servers obviously aren't going to be up until Friday(ish)), although you can save screenshots.

Here's One I Prepared Earlier!

Screenshots are a nice addition, I hope online replays are in, you can do it in Madden so hopefully its crossed over to Fifa :pray:

Online is they way to play though so its makes sense that they are working on that side

Can it get any better than 11 vs 11 online? Thats the mode they should be concentrate on more then any single player aspect imo

I'm sorry but that's all complete bollocks. Yes you prefer online, yes a lot of people prefer online, but there is also a very large portion of people who either spend vast amounts of their Fifa time in manager mode, or like me spend virtually all their Fifa time in manager mode, it's pretty arrogant to say that "this is the way to play" just because it's your preference or the preference of some people you know, read the EA forums, there is a huge amount of people who want to play a fully fleshed out manager mode and are greatly frustrated and disappointed with all the news coming out about Fifa09's manager mode.

I'm still amazed at this (and the fact I didnt check sooner! DOH!).

I even complained for the first time to a video game company last year when I found 08 didnt have play-offs in. Got a very generic and condescending reply - wont bother contacting them this year.

Did the forum throw up any responses to this when it was announced/discovered Placebo?

Yes there has been a very negative response to the no playoffs thing, same as the response to no-friendlies, no night matches, no weather etc. etc. problem is that on the EA forums there is a much lower average age/maturity level than on here for example so for every genuine and well founded complaint about something there's just as many "EA are teh siht cuz Cronaldo don't have long tape stoppid eA fookn y?????//" so a lot of the good words get lost in the noise.

I'm over in Australia and tried ringing a couple of JB Hi Fi stores yesterday as I had heard that they were breaking the release date. Both told me that they didn't have it in stock yet and that they wouldn't sell it until Thursday anyway.

As more and more comes out about manager mode my heart is sinking, thats where I spend 99.99% of my time in this game. We should not have to rely on exploiting a bug in the game to get a mixture of day and night matches, its the height of lameness. Its 2008 and this is a game by one of the biggest publishers in the world, a publisher that makes millions from this title every single year. To think that they decided not to fix such simple issues is just staggeringly moronic to me. Moronic or incredibly lazy. I'm still excited to play the game and experience the gameplay but its not fair that my experience will be tarnished but such trivial matters.

If possible there should be a patch in the works right now that at least allows for random day/night matches and weather in manager mode. I would bet my life savings on the fact that there won't be though. It keeps us wanting Fifa 2010 when they will no doubt sort it out and make a big fuss about how great the game now is with a realistic improved manager mode.

The BAP mode does sound interesting - so I might see how that plays for lower-league teams and how that compared with the PES 'Legend' mode before I decide what to do.

I'm guessing with all the 'live' updating, the FIFA edit mode sucks again this year as well?

just played my first online match 4v2

i was ballack in midfield, although some of my team mates liked to bomb forward with the sprint button, i held the midfield smashing tackles in, breaking up play and playing the simple pass

it was quality

the mode is the same as offline now, where you get your positional, pass meter

and you actually get to see who is talking now, next to the player is a speaker icon

and there was no lag for me, maybe cos its so quiet but it was smooth man

Anyone ordered with Shopto, have you noticed when you sign in to view your order, there is a notice to say the company that handles payment are having problems, not a good sign, hope this doesn't delay my order.

They haven't attempted payment yet, but I am in two minds to cancel, and just pick one up Friday morning, at least thats guaranteed.

Are you sure that isn't just because the rain drops are so small? Try zooming in as far as you can in with the most zoomed camera angle.

I'm OK with this, purely because you cannot actually see rain drops in real footy. Unless it was like, you couldn't actually tell it was raining/snow (ie, no effects related to rain/snow - wet pitch, general lighting etc.)... then that would be dumb.

You could also try going into the replay, and seeing if it's a distance factor. Go to the 'Orbit' Cam, go far out and then slowly move in to see if it suddenly appears/begins to appear.

Last edited:
ShopTo is still 'Stock Due In'.. slightly worrying. Would now assume ShopTo won't be getting anyone the game a day early so in two minds whether I should just cancel and go to Tesco at midnight tomorrow instead or what..

Back
Top Bottom