FIFA 09 PS3/360 Discussion Thread

Can anyone confirm (i doubt at this early stage, but meh) if the football league have play-offs this year.

If not, this is going up for sale as soon as it arrives from game as the manager mode will be ruined for me (again).

It was confirmed a long time ago that there are no playoffs again. FSB's first Fifa podcast........

It was confirmed a long time ago that there are no playoffs again. FSB's first Fifa podcast........

I laugh a bit when people go "OH MY GOD! THAT [POINTLESS FEATURE] IS MISSING... ITS A DISGRACE"...

But this really is shocking - as I know you will personally appreciate, not only as a keen MM fan, but also a fan of a lower league side.

I'm not bothering with FIFA in this case as thats a joke.

Going to take it back to game and get a full refund :(

I laugh a bit when people go "OH MY GOD! THAT [POINTLESS FEATURE] IS MISSING... ITS A DISGRACE"...

But this really is shocking - as I know you will personally appreciate, not only as a keen MM fan, but also a fan of a lower league side.

thats just retarded, dont you have mates? or enjoy online

WHAT?!

Thats like saying I am not buying it because Theo Walcott isnt the correct height or the shorts on the players look too big ;))

Yes it's very frustrating of course, not to mention the fact of no night matches in manager mode, no weather changes in manager mode, and apparently now no squad number assigning in manager mode, but based on the demo it's still the best football game available by far......

thats just retarded, dont you have mates? or enjoy online

Not that fussed about online and dont live close to any of my mates for regular sessions...

WHAT?!

Thats like saying I am not buying it because Theo Walcott isnt the correct height or the shorts on the players look too big ;))

Not really! I like to build a small team up and work through the leagues. This means (again) that you have to finish top 2/3 to get promoted and in effect, if you are 10th/11th/12th-ish mid season, you might as well give up as you've got no chance of going up.

The Play-Offs give hope for much longer in the season making the game more interesting. Without play-offs, its boring as you either have to win 90% of your games, or you are just playing for nothing.

Like Spurs, nearly pointless.

BAH! Its knee-jerk as I am interested in the BAP mode, but at the very least, I'll sell it on in 2 weeks as I think PES is looking strong this year and I still really like PES2008.

Is it possible for EA to patch some of these schoolboy errors in the manager mode, and if so what are the chances of them actually doing it?

For them to produce such a great game of football and go and tarnish the single player mode by leaving out the basics that have been in other football/sports games for years (weather, time of day, play-offs, squad numbers) is ridiculous.

Is it possible for EA to patch some of these schoolboy errors in the manager mode, and if so what are the chances of them actually doing it?

For them to produce such a great game of football and go and tarnish the single player mode by leaving out the basics that have been in other football/sports games for years (weather, time of day, play-offs, squad numbers) is ridiculous.

Anything is possible but the chances are between 0 and 1%.......

PAL version is confirmed as not region free so all of you in NTSC regions thinking about importing the PAL version don't bother.

I'm still amazed at this (and the fact I didnt check sooner! DOH!).

I even complained for the first time to a video game company last year when I found 08 didnt have play-offs in. Got a very generic and condescending reply - wont bother contacting them this year.

Did the forum throw up any responses to this when it was announced/discovered Placebo?

its a neglected mode atm

hopefully for you guys they concentrate on it for next year.. but they are working on all the things that are important to me

so swings and round abouts for many people

its a neglected mode atm

hopefully for you guys they concentrate on it for next year.. but they are working on all the things that are important to me

so swings and round abouts for many people

Yea, looks like they are really going for online in a big way. Typical though, you can imagine the FIFA2010 press release.

"This year, we really listened to the feedback and pleased to announce that Play-Offs are featured in ALL leagues. This is a feature we were dieing to have in and we know our fans were too, but it just wasnt possible before - well, now we've delivered as part of our 350 new changes to this years game."

Fuckers!

I know online modes are the priority right now, and that's fair enough, but were talking about very simple issues with the manager mode that wouldn't take much time or manpower to put right. Surely it would only take a small team of people a couple of days to program in night matches and weather in manager mode, and also play-offs and correct competition formats (Sensible World of Soccer had all the correct competition formats 15 years ago).

I don't buy the excuses that EA don't have the time or resources to concentrate on MM.

guys I know you guys are pissed at manager mode but they really put all their efforts into one bag this year online!

and I am sure next year all these manager mode complaints will be non existant and hopefully they tie in manager mode with be a pro also and (online)

Yeah i think modes all round will get main focus for 2010. :))

But then again i wouldnt thought be hard to implement some of things said here for 09.

Last edited:
yep the online modes will only need to be pushed to 11v11 and allowing you to use be a pro players for each position

and the rest will stay the same pretty much!

then all the offline modes should get attention and I will love to play them again manager mode has been the same since fifa 05 so its a bit of a joke... seeing the same messages u saw then and outcomes lol

Mines.. Meant.. To.. Be.. Coming.. In.. The.. Morning.. So.. Hopefully.. I'll.. Play.. It.. Then..?
Missing something?
mask-eds-2.jpg

The arena has been different every time Ive started the game (6 times).

My first live season update just came through and it seems fairly well done - most of arsenal went down, toure went up to 90, walcott up to 83, essien down to 78 with long term injury, bosingwa up to 86, geovanni up to 79 after his belter, nearly ALL of liverpool up nicely, gerrard and torres up to 93 and skrtel up to 85. ronaldo, evra, rooney, neville all up (ronaldo to 94 :BLINK:)

Zaki up to 78 etc.etc.

yep the online modes will only need to be pushed to 11v11 and allowing you to use be a pro players for each position

and the rest will stay the same pretty much!

then all the offline modes should get attention and I will love to play them again manager mode has been the same since fifa 05 so its a bit of a joke... seeing the same messages u saw then and outcomes lol
People are never happy though man.

I'm slightly annoyed at the fact that there's minuscule changes to MM yes, it was my most played mode in '08. However knowing there's other things to do I knew I would venture more into online play and BAP at some point, and with the souped-up versions of those in the coming '09, that's what I'll probably do.

However, we can, and Rutter can, easily say that "next year is for MM" and so forth. But then you'll have more people complaining about "not as many on-pitch improvements" than the ones really complaining this year about the off-pitch shenanigans, such as weather, boots, night matches and general MM options, AI and setup. We'll be hearing / reading comments like "ah those fucking shots still have too much curl on free-kicks, I can't play the game now because of it", or "that advantage rule is still fucked, I can't believe it's still there", due to the fact MM now has more depth than Football Manager and you beat your team up in the dressing room at half-time

Important question to anyone that may know:

Q: Are there trophy celebrations?

This is important to me. I dont understand why they hate it! It's the icing on the cake after a grueling season or tourny. I hate just seeing the "Congratulations" text! Very bad.

Not massively no. There is a difference, but the gulf isn't what it should be.

@ Deem - Can you really tell the difference between teams in MM? That's the big one for me :) As in, you should fear playing Chelsea but knowing you have Stoke midweek should be comforting? (no offense stoke fans, you get hte idea)

Actually, I'm going to retract my previous statement.

I'd been playing for nearly 2 days solid, and wasn't quite with it. :)

Having had a good break, and gone back to it tonight, I would say there was a big difference.

Just Whooped Wigan and Fulham quite comfortably, but now playing the Arse, and the comparative quality is VERY apparent.

Anything is possible but the chances are between 0 and 1%.......

PAL version is confirmed as not region free so all of you in NTSC regions thinking about importing the PAL version don't bother.

great! long wait for me.. Madden and Tiger Woods is region free, NHL and FIFA are not. EA like to confuse us all.. :)

I would say graphics and atmosphere are more or less the same, but improved with weather and different stadiums. Gameplay is more or less the same as well with a few minor additions. (from the demo)

Just played my 2nd BAP seasons match - after 7.2 in my first match (1st team, vs Man City) I was dropped for the big match against Man United. Played in the reserves, and we whooped the ManU reserve team (with manucho, etc.) 3-0. Goals to Ramsey, Walcott & Bendtner. I played v well, got a 9.0 you could easily tell that these players were worse. On the road to middlesbrough next - didnt make that squad either DESPITE the fact that the first team lost to manu 3-1 at the emirates. Pissed. :LOL:

In BAP Seasons mode, time changes. Ive had one day match and 1 clear night match in my two matches so far. Why cant EA put it in MM?? Not sure if variable weather is in, will become apparent after a few more matches.

Back
Top Bottom