FIFA 09 PS3/360 Discussion Thread

That is a bastard. Has been happening to me, as well as players stopping dead when im sprinting with the ball. Discovered it was my fault though, i wasnt keeping either the sprint or the direction button held down. In pro the player will continue sprinting for a sec but fifa's having none of it, the same button for sprint also stops the ball.

Fernandez, would u be kind enough to post a picture of Arteta?
if not, its ok ;)

Anyone played 10v10 yet?

Any good? Laggy?

Do you still have to wait for 5 minutes in the lobby for people to join, and some people can still be a prick by refusing to choose which side to go on and everyone else has to wait? Or can we kick these fuckers out now?

And when the match kicks off, is it still the case that anyone pause the game? So now we have 20 instead of just 10 arseholes all pausing every five seconds?

Never had the problem with the sidestepping while trying to take the ball in the demo. BUT, someone did post matches with cpu vs cpu and I did see this bug in there. So it can't really be the super cancel. Does sound alarming if this happens a lot.

Tbh I wouldnt even bother with random BAP online, its hard enough getting decent people for single matches let alone have so many of them work as a team. I'll only be playing evowebbers online.

Anyone played 10v10 yet?

Any good? Laggy?

Do you still have to wait for 5 minutes in the lobby for people to join, and some people can still be a prick by refusing to choose which side to go on and everyone else has to wait? Or can we kick these fuckers out now?

And when the match kicks off, is it still the case that anyone pause the game? So now we have 20 instead of just 10 arseholes all pausing every five seconds?

you can kick people out friend told me

So latest on the EA forums is that you cannot assign squad numbers to players in Manager Mode as you could in every previous version, can anyone confirm that? Real shocker IMO, so we sign Torres or Messi or whatever and he gets stuck wearing the number 2 shirt or whatever the first available one is?

So latest on the EA forums is that you cannot assign squad numbers to players in Manager Mode as you could in every previous version, can anyone confirm that? Real shocker IMO, so we sign Torres or Messi or whatever and he gets stuck wearing the number 2 shirt or whatever the first available one is?

wtf, sounds like a classic konami move, take out a good feature for no good fucking reason

fecking hell what's with these people... :brick:

So we now learn that not only does manager mode in Fifa09 have no new features/additions, it also doesn't have:

Midweek night matches.
Seasonal variations in weather.
Squad number change function.

Wonder what we'll find is missing next :((

So we now learn that not only does manager mode in Fifa09 have no new features/additions, it also doesn't have:

Midweek night matches.
Seasonal variations in weather.
Squad number change function.

Wonder what we'll find is missing next :((

If this is true, which it seems it is, this is the last straw for me. I never play online and only play MM. I just won't buy this year - not that it will make a difference to EA.

Anyone played 10v10 yet?

Any good? Laggy?

So far there havent been enough people on to get a game going, at least not 360. Guess we have to wait for thursday for those questions.

So far there havent been enough people on to get a game going, at least not 360. Guess we have to wait for thursday for those questions.

Treetop can you check if the game is region free? I would rather order it and not have to wait till the 14th when it comes to N.America.

many thanks,

Treetop can you check if the game is region free? I would rather order it and not have to wait till the 14th when it comes to N.America.

many thanks,

Sorry, but Im not sure how I can do that? I assume we talk about PAL/NTSC here. The game is marked with PAL, and I can only test on a PAL system.

Well just save one of your 1 month free trials and you will be fine ;)

So it doesn´t matter whether I take my profile or another? So imagine that I have the profiles "a" and "b". So I can download with profile "b" ( which includes gold) the update and I can "share" it with profile "a"?

Sorry for that strange syntax. :D

Ok my rentals from Lovefilm arrived today and have spent couple of hours playing on both the 360 and PS3 versions.

First thing to report is that there is no differenece to me in either version, they look graphically almost identical and both have a solid framerate. That is good news as I felt last year FIFA 08 played better on the 360.

I played the demo a lot and again am pleased to report that if you like the demo then you will love the final version. It is without doubt the best football game that I have ever played, it looks great, plays great and gives you as sort of emotional attachement. I have also found playing as different teams gives a unique feel to the match, for example played with my friend and first we played Bolton v Blackburn, both the teams don't have the most technically gifted players and therefore possesion was lost frequently and the game was very franatic, also both teams had "big men" up front so it resulted in a more direct approach. After battling it out I managed to win 1-0 with a late goal.

Next we played Madrid v Barcelona and again it was a different kind of experience. Both teams have better players so the game was less franatic and passing was much better and the game was much less direct as the ability of the players gives you more options, I also found that the better quality of the strikers meant that they made more intelligent runs. This again was a tight affair which my friend edged 2-1.

I have to say that I am very impressed by this, never played a football game with this kind of depth and am really looking forward to playing it over the coming months. The bad news is that I have played 12 matches in MM and they have all been played in daylight and the weather was sunny for all of them. This is very disappointing and takes away from MM for me, I was led to believe that in MM there would various weather conditions and matches would be played and different times of the day. I also found that just occassionally players did random things that you could not control (ie through ball puts them one on one with the keeper and for some reason they decide to run in the opposite direction).

These few niggles aside have to say that EA have done a superb job. This game takes not just football gaming but sports gaming to another level, the gaming experience is very immersive and multi-player is going to make this game really shine and we are going to see some very competitive online leagues.

I am also looking forward to PES2009, if they can get rid of the bugs and make online work properly then PES will give me a different kind of gaming experience and that for me is a positive, what would be the point of having 2 identical games on the market.

So it doesn´t matter whether I take my profile or another? So imagine that I have the profiles "a" and "b". So I can download with profile "b" ( which includes gold) the update and I can "share" it with profile "a"?

Sorry for that strange syntax. :D

Hmm actually I don't think that is possible no, you'd need a 48/72/1 week code to apply to your existing silver account to make it gold for long enough to download the squad update.

I also found that just occassionally players did random things that you could not control (ie through ball puts them one on one with the keeper and for some reason they decide to run in the opposite direction).

This is a royal pain in the arse - I've had it a few times today.

Surprised the 2 are almost identical - are you sure there isn't an improvement in framerate on the 360 version? DId you play both versions of the demo? Did you find those similar too?

Back
Top Bottom