FIFA 09 PS3/360 Discussion Thread

Hope that bug is fixed. Looks so lame, when the ball goes through their body. You won't notice it, when you knock of a belter like that, but then watching the replay, it doesn't feel that great, when you see what just happened.

Also the bug, where the goalkeeper suddenly get that magic touch, where he can sweep the ball with his invisible hand extender. Even if the finish is going to the top corner and he makes a Superman jump and save it with his ..... dah dah dah ....... INVISIBLE HAND EXTENDER! :oooh:

That's the things that annoys me the most.

Please, can you limit the number of people that you can have on your team? Like a few people were asking, instead of having to play 10 on your squad controlled, can you set it to 5. Also, can you designate an ANY because if not I can see some real bull**** cropping up where 5 people choose ANY instead of 2 like FIFA 08. As the MM hasn't been changed, and I don't really do the whole BAP creating a player thing, I will be playing BAP online alot and this is something they should have fixed.

Played 25 games in Manager Mode now, and I'm in Feb.

Every single game, sunny and during the day. No weather, no night matches.

It's getting a bit dull to be honest. The graphics whore in me is pining for a rainy night match to add a bit of atmosphere and variety.

Noticed a bit of a bug too, now and again, when a forward is running on to a through-ball, they turn around and jog backwards, even though the ball is goal side of them.

http://homepage.mac.com/picsilike/.Public/FIFA.mov

:(

Also the bug, where the goalkeeper suddenly get that magic touch, where he can sweep the ball with his invisible hand extender. Even if the finish is going to the top corner and he makes a Superman jump and save it with his ..... dah dah dah ....... INVISIBLE HAND EXTENDER! :oooh:

100% agreed and ive seen it happen on the 09 demo.

It's getting a bit dull to be honest. The graphics whore in me is pining for a rainy night match to add a bit of atmosphere and variety.

Noticed a bit of a bug too, now and again, when a forward is running on to a through-ball, they turn around and jog backwards, even though the ball is goal side of them.

Yeah very annoying was in demo.

the weather and night is disturbing, but wasnt there a way around this in 08? also how is the AI in MM. Does it play a good game vs the cpu?

@ Deem - Can you really tell the difference between teams in MM? That's the big one for me :) As in, you should fear playing Chelsea but knowing you have Stoke midweek should be comforting? (no offense stoke fans, you get hte idea)

Hope that bug is fixed. Looks so lame, when the ball goes through their body. You won't notice it, when you knock of a belter like that, but then watching the replay, it doesn't feel that great, when you see what just happened.

Yes, this is something I really dislike. I'd rather they undersized the hitboxes so that the ball goes through the goalkeepers hand rather than the other way.

It is especially annoying when you do consider how many goals in real life that the goalkeeper is <10 cm away from. Lots and LOTS of goals have the goalkeeper juuuuust missing with his fingers, and if you have balls 10 centimeters away being saved, that will give a huge dent in the goal statistics, despite the small margins.

I hope they somehow fix this in the future so that the hitboxes and the player model are linked perfectly, so that the ball has to hit a player for it to be deflected.

Well the DID admit they barely touched manager mode this year didn't they?

I fully expect a revamped manager mode in 2010, complete with champions league nights and Monday Night Football and seasons changing accurately with the calender.

THAT IS A MINIMUM EA.

So easy to implement too. The tech is right there in the engine.

Correct Stadiums for finals too. Again, it's all there in the engine. Just need someone to redirect venues and weather accordingly.

Played both Demos - the 360's graphics seem sharper and neater - why is this??? surely the PS3 is more powerfull!

PS3 graphics just look so dirty

@ Deem - Can you really tell the difference between teams in MM? That's the big one for me :) As in, you should fear playing Chelsea but knowing you have Stoke midweek should be comforting? (no offense stoke fans, you get hte idea)

Not massively no. There is a difference, but the gulf isn't what it should be.

Not massively no. There is a difference, but the gulf isn't what it should be.

Fk me....that really takes away a lot of the anticipation for me.

Single player is 95% of where I'm at so with that above plus the continual bright sunny days for MM matches I'm well cheesed off.

my younger brother went for a job interview at gamestation in reading and he said they were playing fifa 09 in their so called dungeon (whatever that is ) lucky bastards

WHYYYY EA WHYYYYYYYYYYYYY???!!!!!!!

The BAP mode sounds immense as you described it! Looking forward to that mode now.

I played 4 games on World Class, and couldn't even get a shot away, let alone score. On the fifth game, my mate arrived and took control of the rest of the team: the first match with him resulted in my player scoring twice. In the second match I scored a hat-trick and received a 9.6 rating. WOO!
The intelligence of the runs and passes a human makes are still leagues ahead of AI.

That is a perfect example of the shit I've been moaning about.

I cannot believe for one second that this managed to evade every person responsible for testing FIFA 09 - it happens at least once a match.

I would like to hear playing against different teams not feeling much difference from a few other people.

Personally i can fell the diffences when playing against different teams. Both in the style that they play and the effect that it has on my team. I've had games where i couldnt get out of my half. I've played against teams using long ball, putting in lots of crosses, playing short quick passes, slow biuld up etc. Also seen a difference in dificulty, depending on which team im playing, even down to defensive mistakes by the cpu. Its no way like last years in my opinion.

Now i think about it i dont really remember too much difference in teams when playing iss/we/pro. This is a better representation for me. Play Orient then play Barcelona and you will see.

So, are you able to perform that trick from 08 where you could go out of the MM, start a friendly, select Night match, go back to MM, start the next game and it will be played during the night?!

Seem to be a bunch of people with the game now that maybe could find this out for us without the game.

That is a perfect example of the shit I've been moaning about.

I cannot believe for one second that this managed to evade every person responsible for testing FIFA 09 - it happens at least once a match.

That is a bastard. Has been happening to me, as well as players stopping dead when im sprinting with the ball. Discovered it was my fault though, i wasnt keeping either the sprint or the direction button held down. In pro the player will continue sprinting for a sec but fifa's having none of it, the same button for sprint also stops the ball.

Back
Top Bottom