FIFA 09 PS3/360 Discussion Thread

Also, forgive my lack of knowledge on all things FIFA related, but is it possible to create a new player and have them enter the BAP mode? Or is it just for existing players within the game?

Also, forgive my lack of knowledge on all things FIFA related, but is it possible to create a new player and have them enter the BAP mode? Or is it just for existing players within the game?

Yes, you can create your own player for BAP mode

Last edited:
Ok when you start the BAP seasons it shows you personal season objectives, like have 30 shots :-ll

Grrr, so dumb, but I guess it's nothing we weren't expecting, rest of it sounds decent.

I'm curious to see how BAP Seasons works if you start in a lower league team with regards to international callups.

Yeah that to me sounds like more fun, like can I get Akpo his first Nigeria cap, can I add to Jeffers' 1 England cap etc. etc. :)

yea he means uk cos it is popping across europe and in australia

someone from uk got it from blockbusters on saturday, so uk it seems will have stock now

http://gamereactor.dk/anmeldelser/71170/FIFA+09/

Danish review of FIFA 09. They give it a 8/10, and let me translate the Pro's and Con's

+
- Userdefined Custom Tactics
- Great graphic
- Put a lot more effort in the simulator (or translated directly: they have put a lot more "meat" on the simulator :LOL: )
- Better goalkeeper perfomances

-
- Flaws happens occasionaly in the AI
- Still a step behind the PES-simulator (:LIE:) WTF?!)

Again, I can't believe the last prediction. They haven't made a review of the new PES, so I would say they compare FIFA 09 to PES08?
Clearly again. We have the big discussion of which better. And clearly the reviewer is a PES-fanboy, who like pingy and arcady football. Calling PES a football simulator. It WAS a football simulator. I am a PES fanboy, that converted to FIFA last year.

Game have got them in stock today,just spoke to some twat he said most stores today or tomorrow and are waiting for an email from head office to see if the will break release.How bout i break his fingers?

Danish review of FIFA 09. They give it a 8/10, and let me translate the Pro's and Con's

+
- Great graphic
- Put a lot more effort in the simulator (or translated directly: they have put a lot more "meat" on the simulator :LOL: )

-

Again, I can't believe the last prediction. They haven't made a review of the new PES, so I would say they compare FIFA 09 to PES08?
Clearly again. We have the big discussion of which better. And clearly the reviewer is a PES-fanboy, who like pingy and arcady football. Calling PES a football simulator. It WAS a football simulator. I am a PES fanboy, that converted to FIFA last year.

These reviewers are going to look weak if PES 2009 is not up to their usual standards. Do they rate it higher because of the negative press they've given Fifa, or simply admit it isnt quite as good as expected, therefore raising the Fifa bar again.

Yeh guys I havent played long enough to see if transfers happen.

Only played one BAP season game so far and thats the one I wrote up so will play some more tomorrow.

As you said, its great that the Ai can hold it own - I wasnt involved in either of the goals.

Also, after I decided to venture forward once and lost the ball, i was almost directly responsible for a goal - but elano put it wide. I was relieved :LOL:

Just playing some random exhibition matches now to get the feel for the teams.

United are great - Ronaldo is clearly a step above, and Tevez, for some reason, plays, runs, and just generally looks like his real life counterpart. I played Liverpool at OT. They fucked me up on the counterattack, torres was holding off my players heaps and then letting me run past it - little shoulder shimmy's and the like. They won 2-0 with a double to fernando.

Now playing argentina vs england - and what a difference you can see/feel between the teams. England are keeping the ball in the air - and with good reason, as messi and aguero are constantly nipping at the heels of the central pairing. Messi feels amazing - has more control than Ronaldo IMO, and I managed to pull off a trademark run between 3 people and then faking inside - before gerrard came flying in from the side and dumped me, taking the ball though. For that moment though, when he'd faked onto his left and begun the wind up, the anticipation was great. At times it gets frustrating - I cant win headers with either messi or aguero unless they are virtually free, so there are periods of the game where I really have to sit back and absorb because I cant get near the ball. As soon as its on the ground now, aguero and messi are making diagonal runs galore in behind the defence, and Ive been clean through with aguero a few times. if it werent for my awful manual shooting, i rkn Id be 2-0 up!!

Last edited:

+
- Great graphic

-

They seem to always have to throw in that last bit in every review... it would be OK if PES actually was more realistic, but it's clearly not and that is the reason why people change game lately. He could write that he thinks PES is more FUN because that could be a valid point for some (kids ;))).

Back
Top Bottom