FIFA 09 PS3/360 Discussion Thread

greek site gameover.gr gives FIFA09 9.5/10 :)):))

http://gameover.gr/articles/FIFA-09.6016.html

It's all Greek to me, sorry ;))

Positive

* Excellent animation
* To an auto-updating statistics
* Online games for up to 10 players

Negative

* Payment for extra information for statistical championships

If that's the only negative they can find with the game that's rather good :)

Pretty good review really, seems fair and balanced, they gave Fifa08 8.5 on both systems and PES2008 6 on PS3 and 6.5 on 360.

will that shop near the covered market sell it early? Dont Asda in charlton sell games at midnight or do they close up the games/dvd section?

teah rang the shop by the market, hoping to have it thursday but he said that last year with pro evo and didnt get the delivery til friday morning. Plus he will sell it top whack if he gets it early.

LOL ;))

Must say I'm happy with the one we got :)

I got this one: http://audiovisual.kelkoo.co.uk/erl_19315075/100311823.html and yes we're very, very happy with it, picture quality is great, and sound is amazing considering the price :)

Still waiting for confirmation on the Swedish version's text/commentary options.

Allright cool. I'm gonna go with Philips 42PFL7403D. Seems to be a decent TV as well. It's like a djungle out there. Might as well just pick one and go for it :))

I ordered my xbox360 copy from game.co.uk this year. Last year I bought Fifa 08 here in Sweden and there was no english commentary. And since you are from Sweden just like me you know that the game is pretty much ruined if you have to listen to Glenn Hysén and his bullshit :))

Allright cool. I'm gonna go with Philips 42PFL7403D. Seems to be a decent TV as well. It's like a djungle out there. Might as well just pick one and go for it :))

We got our TV from Elgiganten, really good price, we also got the 3 years warranty/insurance for 1,100Sek extra, we don't have content insurance so handy to know if we're drunk and kick it over they give us a new TV ;)

I ordered my xbox360 copy from game.co.uk this year. Last year I bought Fifa 08 here in Sweden and there was no english commentary. And since you are from Sweden just like me you know that the game is pretty much ruined if you have to listen to Glenn Hysén and his bullshit :))

My understanding is that the Swedish version will have English comms this year because of the reaction to Fifa08, still waiting for my promo copy from EA so if it hasn't arrived by Thursday I guess I'll have to go out and buy a copy :)

Well, Fifa 09 is about to be shipped according to Game, so i can probably expect it tomorrow. With that said, i'm about to delete the 09 demo, after playing it for the last few hours, and actually becoming very good at it (apart from the damn shooting.)

I'm now gonna play 08 for a few hours, probably for the last ever time. Gonna miss that game.

Anyone with the game btw, what's Be A Pro season like? Not much been mentioned on it, is it as simple a game mode as we're to believe? Or can you transfer clubs during transfer windows etc?

We got our TV from Elgiganten, really good price, we also got the 3 years warranty/insurance for 1,100Sek extra, we don't have content insurance so handy to know if we're drunk and kick it over they give us a new TV ;)

Haha yes I will get the insurance too. You never know what could happen to the TV if you loose a game in the 90th minute ;)

My understanding is that the Swedish version will have English comms this year because of the reaction to Fifa08, still waiting for my promo copy from EA so if it hasn't arrived by Thursday I guess I'll have to go out and buy a copy :)

Oh really...damn it. Just noticed that the release date here in Sweden is thursday, but now I have to wait for the UK version until friday :brick: Well well, it's only one extra day, isn't it.

Anyone with the game, what half lengths can be played? (Particularly, what is the LONGEST half length/game length that can be played)

Finally got my copy today. Game has broken release in Melbourne 2 days early and got fined 16K the guy at the shop said !!

Anyway, initial impressions were mixed:

- felt sluggish compared to the demo (as in, 08 responsiveness), although my first match was with melbourne & sydney, who are each 1.5 stars so that could well have been it. Played arsenal vs inter under lights at the emirates after and it didnt seem so bad, but i could have been getting used to it! Dont really know anymore if the responsiveness has changed from the demo.
- faces are brilliant.
- weather options not available, you can only set night or day (some stadiums dusk) and Im assuming the weather changes.
- advantage rule not fixed.
- I have player switching issues on 1 notch. Can someone recommend a switching setting that wont have me switching away from my CB when hes one on one with the CPU attacker??
- CPU is same as demo, maybe shoots a little more depending on the team, although still seem to lose their bearings close to the corner flag, which is frustrating.
- Team styles are really evident. Arsenal were presenting for one-twos in and around the box, although not many came off due to my crappy manual passing!:LOL:. Played Australia as well (yeh yeh im aussie) against brazil in Fussball Stadion, which is my favourite generic stadium so far and it was all just so real, with bresciano popping up with half chances, kewell getting run down all the time and culina dictating from the midfield. Had a great late run into the box as well with cahill in typical timmy style. Im aware that not many of you will know these players as well as I but it was a good example of team styles. Portsmouth were great as well, diop regularly drops into the hole behind crouch + defoe. Belhadj is fantastic as well! Was playing long balls to crouch and he was flicking them on, although one major issue seems very prevalent in the final game:
- On professional, it seems they've changed the balance in terms of attacker vs defender to defender. Even with defoe, i was regularly getting run down by nosworthy in 1v1's although admittedly he was doing it via physical play. Havent been someone like ronaldo yet although im sure he will be able to run away with ease. Just something I noticed. It was fixed with Vela when i brought him on for arsenal, he was really nimble and great!
- Since I have an asian region game...my arena is really funky. Under lights in like tokyo or something with big neon asian signs everywhere :LOL:
- Have yet to start any BAP or manager mode things so cant comment. Will do tomorrow.

Other than that it plays a lot like the demo, which is mainly fine. Im disappointed that a few of the AI + advantage issues havent been fixed, but hey thats life.

Extreme curl is still there as well, although if you utilise the new technique someone on here was talking about (cant remember who) of not holding it any longer then it works out alright. I just wish it curled on the whole shot rather than picking up a huge amount at the end - it just looks odd.

-Im happy to answer any requests about stats stadiums or options etc. But will not be posting images or recording videos. CBF!

That is good news if true. Yeah, too much Glenn Hysén can be a bit grating.

Can somebody play a few games on BAP season and tell us what it is like?

Like what the rating system is like etc.

Back
Top Bottom