FIFA 09 PS3/360 Discussion Thread

i wouldn't even bother about the 10v10 online issues right now

wait until the servers get full and see how it holds up then

red dot anyone?

I hadnt tried any of the online options yet - Xbox live has been down for a whole day.

Apparently it just came back up now so will give a whirl and be back to answer those q's.

well i have just pre ordered my copy from Blockbuster. Cant be chasing around Thursday trying to find it anywhere and then paying over the odds. This year i will just have to be patient. Borrowed my brothers Call of duty to see me through. Just traded in 3 games, is this a fair price,
Virtua Tennis3 = £8
Euro2008 = £8
GTA1V = 10

Lol. I got more for my copy of PES 2008 (PS3) at Blockbuster than GTA IV. They gave me £15 trade in!

I guess I'd have wanted £15 for it, but that's off-topic anyway.

No more impressions from people who have the game?

Well im just glad that im guaranteed my copy come Friday morning. Wont really be able to play til friday night anyway as my daughter will be off school all day recovering so it will be cbeebies for me.....torture.

Right, no work today, and no distractions. Gonna put in some time one this game.

For anyone wondering about the players feeling different. This is evident in the game, Giovanni is quick and nible good turn and dribbling, while Jenas keeps losing the ball in the middle of the park. THere is a definate difference between players and teams. Arsenal move like lightning, play against them and you can see the whole midfield push forward, while against Liverpool the forwards were more isolated from the midfield.

I really need to learn to finish.

from EA forums http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/...o-ive-been-playing-online-past-few-hours.html

so i've been playing Online for the past few hours
1. yes you can set controller setting restrictions
2. yes you can save your formation and tactics for online but you cannot save your squad
3. yes noobs are exploiting the long ball chip pass again

looks like you can't change game speed online

oh and pause time is 40seconds now.

so after watching this noob score and being forced to watch his celebration and replay for 1 minute, he then proceeds into the pause menu 3 times to throw on 5 defenders and change his tactics. i was so close to just quitting the game.

Last edited:
from EA forums http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/...o-ive-been-playing-online-past-few-hours.html

so i've been playing Online for the past few hours
1. yes you can set controller setting restrictions
2. yes you can save your formation and tactics for online but you cannot save your squad

looks like you can't change game speed online

oh and pause time is 40seconds now.

so after watching this noob score and being forced to watch his celebration and replay for 1 minute, he then proceeds into the pause menu 3 times to throw on 5 defenders and change his tactics. i was so close to just quitting the game.

huh ? Never seen that in fifa 08.. How can this be in fifa 09

I am guessing your players freeze up Rodelero happened to me vs the cpu 3 times in all my matches vs them maybe someone found out a way to do it consistently!

anway I won a free copy of fifa 09 today so should get it tomorrow aswell as my game order :)

Honestly, it sounds like he is pushing his defence up too high and using the offside trap.

"View Post
noobs doing a chip through ball, and because you havent selected your defender in time he doesnt get a run off and enough speed to catch the attacker."

Sounds like his fault, rather than the games. Will have to see when I finally get this damned game. Torture ensues.

I've got done on a long through ball but i see it as my fault. When its happened my defence has been way to high on the pitch, and i've been deep in attack. The other player has just broke and played it over the defence. Obviously with the ST facing towards the goal, the chances of him getting on to the ball are good, and his players were faster then mine.

Don't see the problem myself.

Ok im back with those answers. Btw that aussie whoever it was - game was selling it at 12pm today!! EB only doing it to follow suit the suckers lol.

Ok, on the questions asked.
- San siro does NOT have night option - only dusk. Sorry.
- The longest half length is 20 mins - same as 08 i believe.
- My mistake with the overcast - i did it - and it was great! rained on and off and for some reason made the game faster, which was a good change. :D
- Couldnt check the game speed online EA servers were down.

Now some miscellaneous things:
- The range of stadiums is immense. Any type of stadium you want really - its there. Unless you want riverside and the JJB all licensed - this is all you will ever need.
- My arena is NOT the funky asian one! It changed again when i booted the game up for 2nd time, to a wall, like the demo, but without all the brazilian cottages behind.
- Since XBL was up working again, I entered my live season code - it seems very well done. Easy to set up, not ambiguous (as in the entry code only allowed letters - no 0 vs O here!!), although i think the first actual update will occur next week - it did download a new one - but the stats are all unchanged, reflecting the fact that the game is already up to date I imagine.
- Ignore my responsiveness cries - It was perfect 2nd time around! Just as responsive as the demo. Have no idea why my box felt sluggish b4!!

Okay, on BAP Seasons:
- Chose Denilson. First match against Man City at night at the emirates. The emirates is brilliant, with the cannons on the boards (still not red though :brick:), curved corner adboards and EVENLY DISTRIBUTED nighttime lighting!! It isnt like this in all the stadiums though - only the ones with constant lights around the entire pitch - unfortunately there doesnt seem to be many. It has a real champions league atmosphere though at the emirates at night. This may be my imagination, but since XBL was back up there were more adboards scrolling at emirates as well - ones I hadnt seen in my exhibition match before!
- This mode is INCREDIBLE. The Ai just turns it up. Arsenal were playing creative, imaginative football, with me doing my best to join in - it was SO Close to real life it was unbelievable. Andy gray also compared manchester city to arsenal as well during the game - commenting on their short, quick passing game. Nice Touch.

Arsenal were clearly the better side, although thats not to say MC were crap. Jo, Elano & Petrov were a constant menace, and I was having a real tough time trying to protect the Back 4, as the manager put me at LCM (further back) replacing Eboue from the game's default arsenal lineup. They didnt lineup with default everywhere but me, however, they actually had a few different players in from the default lineup. :applaud: Additionally, when calling for the ball the player puts his hand up - i dont know if this was in previous versions as I didnt like previous BAP implementations. BTW Im playing on Tele Cam, of course. BAP cam always has shocking a shocking frame rate.

Noticed a new animation, an outside of the foot lofted pass - which i believe wasnt in the demo. There WAS one in the demo - but not this one.

Ok when you start the BAP seasons it shows you personal season objectives, like have 30 shots :-ll, have an average rating of 7.0, etc. As well as individual match objectives, like have 2 shots, get a rating of 7.0 etc.I imagine these change with each match. On the menu screen, it has two little notifiers in the bottom right corner - Squad status and international status. As denilson, my squad status was first team regular (I would call him more of a fringe player) and international status was unnoticed.

At half time. i had a rating of 7.4, which was the best rating on the field, and I thought that was fair :LOL:. No joke though, I had put some lovely balls through and was shielding the defence adequately. Not makelele, but adequately. Hence the 7.4 and not the 8.4. One particular ball i played was into the path of Van persie, who took it on the edge of the box, cut inside, and let rip on his left, powering one into the far post. It was magic, and undeniably a great visual representation of arsenal and Rvp in real life. No goal though.
The 7.4 half time rating was from 8/11 completed passes, 6/8 dribbles, and no tackles. I was shielding the defence by picking up loose balls, not tackling :P. Clichy was second in rating, and Jo was currently 3rd, having had a fair few shots.

After half time arsenal began to turn the screws, replacing sagna with a more advanced eboue and switching rosicky for diaby on the left. Almost instantly, eboue played a ball to an isolated adebayor and he beat dunne and slid it under the keeper. 1-0. Play continued in a similiar vein to the first half - although my presence was diminishing. I was finding it harder to find space and pick the right pass, which i figured reflected both fatigue and MC's growing urgency and defensive pressure. I even WANTED to be subbed off in the end because I felt denilson was so tired, but not to be. Adebayor finished it off with a header from a corner in the 74th minute, and it finished 2-0.

Full time Adebayor was 1st in the ratings, with 8.6, with reflected the fact that really, he had 3 chances and 2 goals. Most of our chances were through van persie. Clichy finished 2nd on 7.5 having successfully negated Petrov in the second half - who was unseen. I finished 3rd on 7.2, which was down from half-time and rightly so.

7.2 was due to 12/19 passes, 13/16 dribbles, and 1/3 tackles.

Its a magnificent mode, really, and I can see myself spending many, many hours trying to stamp my mark on the world game :D

Great review of BAP there. The only thing that sounds poor about it is the season and match goals,they are pointless and terrible.

Any indication of possible transfers to another club?

The review has also inspired me, i was going start my season with Berbatov or Messi, but i'm thinking i might now go for a younger player.

Maybe Possenbon for United, or a first teamer for a lesser club.

I'm curious to see how BAP Seasons works if you start in a lower league team with regards to international callups.

As Woodzy said, I'm also curious to see if we can be transferred.

Something that has really pleased me about that review also, is that the computer seems to be able to hold their own in a match. On both Euro and 08 in BAP, if my team were to score a goal, i would ALWAYS be involved in the goal, no matter what position, i'd either score or assist it.

I've changed my mind also. The season and match objectives could be good actually. They would be fantastic if they weren't so stupid. It should be more like this for example. If you were a striker, missions should be:

Season: Score 15 in a season. Assist 7. (Or however many depending on the quality of your club.)

Any idea if some goals are like that at all? Have however many shots (although, would be good as a striker,) and average whatever rating just seem stupid.

Back
Top Bottom