FIFA 09 PS3/360 Discussion Thread

i think the problem with the reviews at the moment is that - they don't have PES2009 yet. And their reviewing Fifa on the assumption that anything fifa produces, pes will be better (like the past years).

I think that, if these games were reviewed side by side, or even pes first and fifa later, then fifa would get a much fairer review.

anyone going to download the pes demo on thursday? i might, but it sure as hell wont be interfering with my fifa playing.

oh Does anyone know if you can be subbed in BAP? :))

Best review I've read this far. Really hope that some of the 'other members' start reading these reviews, because if they don't they will be missing the gameplay of a true football simulation game.

I thought that I would play PES till my death bed but seeing Konami take the arcade route made me try Fifa for the first time in 12 years. Am I glad I did that...

i think the problem with the reviews at the moment is that - they don't have PES2009 yet. And their reviewing Fifa on the assumption that anything fifa produces, pes will be better (like the past years).

I think that, if these games were reviewed side by side, or even pes first and fifa later, then fifa would get a much fairer review.

anyone going to download the pes demo on thursday? i might, but it sure as hell wont be interfering with my fifa playing.

I think that's a good point. There does seem to be a 'status quo' in a section of the games media that believes anything Fifa can do PES naturally does better. Your average reviewer seems to be still in the PES camp.

I think things are slowly changing, though, as we've seen with some of the favourable reviews of Fifa this year. Realisation is dawning. Slating Fifa doesn't seem to be the cool thing to do any more.

As for the demo: I will probably try it at the weekend. The first couple of days will be Fifa time!:DANCE:

If you select a Spurs player as the Arena player, does the Arena look a lot like a school playground on the "other side" in Silent Hill?

Game have got them in stock today,just spoke to some twat he said most stores today or tomorrow and are waiting for an email from head office to see if the will break release.How bout i break his fingers?

Surely they have to break releas date, with all these copies floating about, what are they waiting for. I urge to indeed break his fingers

these retailers should be delighted we want to buy the game early and so should the publishers, rather than not pay for it. Release the damn thing early xxxx the charts and street dates

Called about 20 shops in my region here. Some of them had the game but didn't want to sell till the 2nd of october...

Soooo frustrating!

Just seen a slight flaw with the offside ruling.

Playing as Lyon vs PSG, one of my defenders was down injured about 10yards out from the edge of my penalty box, on a counter PSG played a long ball over my defenders who were right near the centre line, their striker latched on it, clearly being played onside by my injured defender by miles, but it was given offside. Obv good for me in that match but if that happened online, you'd be pissed.

Has anyone in London called CEX?

Computer Exchange 084 5345 1664 and see what they say about Fifa. It near Tottenham court road.

I'm at work - so can't phone them at the moment.

But I remember aa couple of years ago them beign quite good getting games out early.

I went to Game and asked them if there is any chance of selling Fifa early - and the little boy there said that it was against the law. I hate fucking little retards like this. I just wanted to punch him in the nuts.

As he said it, his voice went funny - like when your balls first start to drop. I wanted to kick his balls back up again!!!!

i'm sorry bobby,but i had to quote this as i keep laughing all the way today whenever i remember this. may i ask you can i quote this and put it as my sig? :LOL: :applaud: :TU:

i'm sorry bobby,but i had to quote this as i keep laughing all the way today whenever i remember this. may i ask you can i quote this and put it as my sig? :LOL: :applaud: :TU:

Be my guest - very polite of you. I didn't ask the guys I have qoutes in my Sig. I just did it :DD

Can you limit the number of people that can play on your team? Like, instead of having to let 10 players be user-controlled can you set it to something like 5? Also, can you designate an ANY so that 5 people now, instead of just 2, can't choose ANY together. And lastly, can you boot people?

Back
Top Bottom