FIFA 09 PS3/360 Discussion Thread

:lol: Sorry man, I just loved the way you wrote it

The kit does indeed look more faulty than a Paul Gascoigne sponsored thirst

hahah yeah. im just hoping those pics are from an old build fifa but thats being optimistic. i mean all they had to do was basically copy and paste it from 08 or just look at the shirt when making it :-ll

I want this game now!!! Played so much of the demo tonight but the short halves are getting on my nerves. Only 3 more days

i deleted the demo, i want to build anticipation LOL

I think GAME will Dispatch the game tommorow so hopefully should have it on wednesday or thursday

Jsut come back from my mates house. 2 more have converted to the cause. They played about 15 games in a row. 1 of them was another who 'cant play fifa'. I was nearly late for work myself from playing it earlier.

It really is a great game.

Player switching is a bit off sometimes though, seems to cycle through the players rather then go directly to the man u want when defending.
Still havent worked out this advantage system either, sometimes it plays on and sometimes it dont. Havent worked out why yet.

From what I have seen so far with the advantage, it tends to play the advantage if the ball is passed to another player, if you are fouled but recover to run on then it will pull the play back for a free kick.

Probably not right but what I think so far.

From what I have seen so far with the advantage, it tends to play the advantage if the ball is passed to another player, if you are fouled but recover to run on then it will pull the play back for a free kick.

Probably not right but what I think so far.

I was thinking that, but i've also seen someone get fouled and continue running and play was allowed to go.
That has only been when the play was in alot of room though.

Think its definatly got something to do with passing it off though.

if u want a player switch to go straight to a player u want. Use the right analog stick and aim it to the direction of the player you want to control hope that helps

Last edited:
Bit of a random one...but does anyone know why Mutu is called Murgu? I thought it was like the dutch squad being fake, but it seems like the rest of the romanian squad is correct?

Also a shame you cannot edit his name, or edit players appearances aswel.

Same here. No more until release day.

I'm just looking forward to a complete rundown of the 10 v 10 online mode as none of the hands-on previews will talk about it. I heard, I think in one of the many David Rutter interviews, that you will be able to boot people from rooms and I'm still waiting to hear if you'll be able to limit the number of people that can play on your team. I'd rather not have to have a full 10 if I don't want it and I'm the host. Also, in discussing the 10 v 10 club mode the guy explained that anyone who isn't controlled by a human, will be controlled by the CPU but that if someone wanted to control the remaining players they could do so by choosing ANY. But this has to be done before the game starts. I'm thinking to myself, yes, I believe anyone who has played FIFA 08 understands how the ANY position works. But the fact that he felt the need to get so in-depth about a feature we all know about make me think that EA probably didn't allow us to designate one person to be ANY. If that's the case I'm going to be quite pissed of as it seems like it'd be so easy to implement. At the very least we'd better be able to boot people.

guys i will get my game today after 12 hours :) am just waitting for the shop to open :P and you know what he sell it for 100$ too much i know but what i can do we are in kuwait so its better then nothing i will try to sell MGS4 and GTA4 for getting this :/

I'm just looking forward to a complete rundown of the 10 v 10 online mode as none of the hands-on previews will talk about it. I heard, I think in one of the many David Rutter interviews, that you will be able to boot people from rooms and I'm still waiting to hear if you'll be able to limit the number of people that can play on your team. I'd rather not have to have a full 10 if I don't want it and I'm the host. Also, in discussing the 10 v 10 club mode the guy explained that anyone who isn't controlled by a human, will be controlled by the CPU but that if someone wanted to control the remaining players they could do so by choosing ANY. But this has to be done before the game starts. I'm thinking to myself, yes, I believe anyone who has played FIFA 08 understands how the ANY position works. But the fact that he felt the need to get so in-depth about a feature we all know about make me think that EA probably didn't allow us to designate one person to be ANY. If that's the case I'm going to be quite pissed of as it seems like it'd be so easy to implement. At the very least we'd better be able to boot people.

There has been a rundown about 10 vs 10.

It's possible to play with less than 10 man. It's possible to create an own team and kick people out. It's possible to scout for new players. Everything is possible.

i think both carew doesn't look like Carew. :S the left look like carew's grandpa,and the right is,carew's dead zombie(??) :LOL:

There are things that really piss me off about this game. I thought from the demo that EA would've managed to remove the players turning and seemingly dancing rather than merely collecting the ball - sometimes they knock it off the pitch with their heel. If there's any consolation, at least the cpu is affected too.

When I modify the auto switching to zero, I expect the computer to NEVER (NEVER EVER EVER EVER) CHANGE MY FUCKING PLAYER. But no... it has to change it. Great. Whoever was responsible for that at EA Sports deserves a slap upside the head.
It's incredibly dumb when you play with 2 or more human players on the same team: on lots of occasions have my mate and I played a through ball to one another, only to find that the game has switched the controller of the recipient, meaning you end up passing to yourself (which in turn fucks up the run that you or your mate is making.)

The player switching really pisses me off. Manual switching should mean manual..100% of the time!! Swearing is very much justified with regard to this aspect of the game.

I simply cannot stand cpu interference yet the demo shows the game is still full of it. I'll doubtless be on here swearing a-plenty after the full release. Being better than PES won't mean it's immune to stinging criticism.

Bit of a random one...but does anyone know why Mutu is called Murgu? I thought it was like the dutch squad being fake, but it seems like the rest of the romanian squad is correct?

Also a shame you cannot edit his name, or edit players appearances aswel.

You cant edit names or appearances? :SS

Back
Top Bottom