FIFA 09 PS3/360 Discussion Thread

Played an online game Chelsea v Man-Utd i got 3 players sent off Tevez 2 yellows and Ronaldo straight red, and Hargreaves red. Refs don't play around on here.But i still only lost on pens.

With FIFA 09 looking to take the series to new heights, the game’s producer Clive Gorman takes some time out to talk to GamingIndians regarding the game’s new features, criticism over the PC version, what improvements EA have in mind for FIFA 2010, and more. He even takes a potshot at the competition, saying Konami’s Pro Evolution Soccer games have failed to take advantage of the PS3 and Xbox 360 hardware. Read on for the full interview:

http://www.gamingindians.com/2008/09...e-stood-still/

http://www.gamingindians.com/2008/09...e-stood-still/

In online Be A Pro, its 10 vs 10. There’s no goalkeeper involved. Did you think about including that and how would it work?

That’s definitely one of our targets for the future. The reason we didn’t get to it this year is the goalkeeper is a whole new dimension. We need to work with real goalkeepers to get their thoughts on what goes behind it. It would require us to, in a sense, change the way the game is played. It’s not only about pressing buttons, but also about positioning.

But would that really work considering the goalkeeper is at one end of a fairly large field? Wouldn’t the involvement of a player controlling the goalkeeper be limited?
I don’t think so. Other EA Sports games like NHL have done it. But they’ve had the time to sit down and work out how it works.

What do you think of the competition – Konami’s Pro Evolution Soccer franchise?
Well, they’re very, very strong competitors and they have a very good game. But what consumers are telling us is we’ve taken strides to take the game forward in each department, whereas Konami have stood still. They’ve been making small changes to the gameplay and it still plays very well, but it just doesn’t feel like they’re addressing the power of the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3. We believe that this is something we are doing.

It has been confirmed that the Dutch version has English commentary this time, in contrary to Fifa 08. So EA listen agains to the complains!

How could that work? The UK version hast danish,swedish,norwegian and english. The EU version hast every damn language in the EU except english. And I'm sure as hell that you will get the EU version without english...

How could that work? The UK version hast danish,swedish,norwegian and english. The EU version hast every damn language in the EU except english. And I'm sure as hell that you will get the EU version without english...

Could be because most people in Germany, France and so on generally don't care as much for the English language as Scandinavians do. Scandinavians didn't have English in 08 and there were a lot of complains about it so it seems they've changed it. We don't dub movies and so on up north which is probably one reason why English is often preferred to us.

:LOL:

Placebo forced me to type that reply ;))

LOL ;))

just read on main fifa forums that a list hss been done with stadiums assigned, looks like only charlton & derby have that shit 08 stadium de las artes , gutted. cant see how they can give derby that one looks nothing like it

Must say I'm happy with the one we got :)

Could I ask you what TV you got, and if you're satisfied with the picture quality when playing video games? I'm going to buy a new 42" this week and I want a good one :))

I got this one: http://audiovisual.kelkoo.co.uk/erl_19315075/100311823.html and yes we're very, very happy with it, picture quality is great, and sound is amazing considering the price :)

It has been confirmed that the Dutch version has English commentary this time, in contrary to Fifa 08. So EA listen agains to the complains!

Still waiting for confirmation on the Swedish version's text/commentary options.

LOL ;))
Still waiting for confirmation on the Swedish version's text/commentary options.

Mainz05 wrote that the UK version has danish, norweigian and swedish languages, so it's pretty safe to say that the swedish version is the same as in UK. Or is this only the PS3 version? Might be different on the 360 then I guess, but probably not.

There are things that really piss me off about this game. I thought from the demo that EA would've managed to remove the players turning and seemingly dancing rather than merely collecting the ball - sometimes they knock it off the pitch with their heel. If there's any consolation, at least the cpu is affected too.

When I modify the auto switching to zero, I expect the computer to NEVER (NEVER EVER EVER EVER) CHANGE MY FUCKING PLAYER. But no... it has to change it. Great. Whoever was responsible for that at EA Sports deserves a slap upside the head.
It's incredibly dumb when you play with 2 or more human players on the same team: on lots of occasions have my mate and I played a through ball to one another, only to find that the game has switched the controller of the recipient, meaning you end up passing to yourself (which in turn fucks up the run that you or your mate is making.)

even for the games bought via game.co.uk?

Not sure but i think only the ps3 pal versions have all the languages. I can take a guess looking at the demos , the 360 demo didn't come with portuguese language but the ps3 had it available.

There are things that really piss me off about this game. I thought from the demo that EA would've managed to remove the players turning and seemingly dancing rather than merely collecting the ball - sometimes they knock it off the pitch with their heel. If there's any consolation, at least the cpu is affected too.

That is indeed very annoying but I found out that if you use Super Cancel you can correct this. It takes getting used to and does the trick in the end but should have been sorted by EA.

When I modify the auto switching to zero, I expect the computer to NEVER (NEVER EVER EVER EVER) CHANGE MY FUCKING PLAYER. But no... it has to change it. Great. Whoever was responsible for that at EA Sports deserves a slap upside the head.
It's incredibly dumb when you play with 2 or more human players on the same team: on lots of occasions have my mate and I played a through ball to one another, only to find that the game has switched the controller of the recipient, meaning you end up passing to yourself (which in turn fucks up the run that you or your mate is making.)

That's the biggest flaw for me in the demo and I feared it would be in the final game.
It happens on crosses also with me and my m8 and is extremely frustrating when you deliver the perfect cross to your m8 only to realise that it's you again who needs to head it in, and are offcourse to surprised to do it...

Still this happened in every PES also if that's any consolation... :(

Im having trouble finding anybody to play online, are you guys who are playing online just going through the "Play Ranked Now" option?

My mate wanted to try out online yesterday, played (I use the word loosely, I'm surprised he could string any passes together it was so jittery) about 20 mins of Chelsea vs Man Utd, and then the connection was lost. That was using the random ranked match.

Could someone just tell me is that sopose to be the newcastle kit??
[url]http://www.videogameszone.de/?menu=browser&mode=article&article_id=661758&entity_id=216335,216518,216517,216336&image_id=909027&page=1&order=[/URL]

what the hell have they done? its the same kit as last year how hard can it be jesus they havnt even got the badge in the right place! now i know as a club we are mess right now but thats no reason for them to f*ck up the kit
:lol: Sorry man, I just loved the way you wrote it

The kit does indeed look more faulty than a Paul Gascoigne sponsored thirst

Back
Top Bottom