FIFA 09 PS3/360 Discussion Thread

74597150qm4.png

They didn't bother showing that, did they?

Try telling me PES is better in that instance.

Last edited:
I went to Game and asked them if there is any chance of selling Fifa early - and the little boy there said that it was against the law. I hate fucking little retards like this. I just wanted to punch him in the nuts.

As he said it, his voice went funny - like when your balls first start to drop. I wanted to kick his balls back up again!!!!

They get it very early in Blockbuster Bobby, I've been there before while they've had the game in their hands on a Tuesday/Wednesday, laughing and joking; and when I've asked if I can have a copy, usually followed by "I won't tell anyone mister, honest", they go all serious and say "sorry, it's against the law". I know they're just dying to say "IT'S NOT FOR THE LIKES OF YOU!"

They're only kids in there as well.

They get it very early in Blockbuster Bobby, I've been there before while they've had the game in their hands on a Tuesday/Wednesday, laughing and joking; and when I've asked if I can have a copy, usually followed by "I won't tell anyone mister, honest", they go all serious and say "sorry, it's against the law". I know they're just dying to say "IT'S NOT FOR THE LIKES OF YOU!"

They're only kids in there as well.

I had that in blockbuster with GTA IV - They had 100's of copies behind them and they looked all smug telling me they couldn't possibly sell me one. I just wanted to kill the little bum fluffed freak!!!

74597150qm4.png

They didn't bother showing that, did they?

Try telling me PES is better in that instance.

Who the f**K is that meant to be on the left?

Regarding the faces, its obvious if you stick a photo on a model its gonna look better than a rendered one because its a photo!!

I think games shops should stop employing wankers :DD
:applaud:

They're only doing their job and I know some silly bastard probably would get it there before release and ring the headquarters of the games company going "You'll never guess what they're doing at my local Blockbuster! Go on, guess! They're selling your game early! Can you believe it?! :oooh:"...
But it's still not fair. :(

Bobby go back in there and tell the little spotty twat that you couldn't give a monkeys fuck about the law and if he don't sell you it you will wait for him and give him a bit of good old prison love.

With regard to the player faces I think it's 50-50 between PES and Fifa. Some of the PES faces are well off the mark, but the PES diehard gloss over that fact. I think PES has the edge in player likeness but the skin tones, colour pallete and overall effect looks better in Fifa, especially player expressions. The PES faces are starting to look a little dated and I wonder how long Konami will contiune with the photo technique?

What I do find funny is how all of a sudden the PES hardcore have become obsessed with the graphical inadequacies of Fifa. It's all about the gameplay, remember? And Fifa excels in this department.

:applaud:

They're only doing their job and I know some silly bastard probably would get it there before release and ring the headquarters of the games company going "You'll never guess what they're doing at my local Blockbuster! Go on, guess! They're selling your game early! Can you believe it?! :oooh:"...
But it's still not fair. :(

I don't mind the not selling me stuff. Its the way they say it. Like they are all powerful and great with their smug looks. Thats why I hate them.

People from GAME don't get your hopes up. This is a log from my MGS 4 pre-order.

11/06/2008 10:48:28 Your order has been dispatched.
09/06/2008 09:42:26 Your order is currently being picked and packed.
09/06/2008 07:20:35 Your credit/ debit card has been authorised and your order is now being released for packing.
Funds will not be debited until your order is shipped.

As you can see, not dispatched till 2 days after the released for packing message we're all getting now.

just read on main fifa forums that a list hss been done with stadiums assigned, looks like only charlton & derby have that shit 08 stadium de las artes , gutted. cant see how they can give derby that one looks nothing like it

just cant understand why charlton & derby get it, its looks more like a portuguess stad.
just hope the chap is wrong , and wait for someone else to confirm it

just read on main fifa forums that a list hss been done with stadiums assigned, looks like only charlton & derby have that shit 08 stadium de las artes
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here is the list that someone made and posted in the fifa forums:

"Took me ages!

Arsenal - Emirates Stadium
Aston Villa - Ivy Lane
Blackburn - Ivy Lane
Bolton - Square Ground
Chelsea - Stamford Bridge
Everton - Ivy Lane
Fulham - Crown Lane
Hull City - Ivy Lane
Liverpool - Anfield
Manchester City - Football Ground
Manchester Utd - Old Trafford
Middlesbrough - Square Ground
Newcastle Utd - St James' Park
Portsmouth - Crown Lane
Stoke City - Square Ground
Sunderland - Football Ground
Tottenham - Ivy Lane
West Brom - Square Ground
West Ham - Ivy Lane
Wigan - Ivy Lane

Championship
Barnsley - Crown Lane
Birmingham - Ivy Lane
Blackpool - Town Park
Bristol City - Crown Lane
Burnley - Crown Lane
Cardiff City - Crown Lane
Charlton - Estadio De Les Artes
Coventry - Ivy Lane
Crystal Palace - Ivy Lane
Derby - Estadio De Les Artes
Doncaster - Crown Lane
Ipswich Town - Ivy Lane
Norwich Chity - Ivy Lane
Notts Forest - Ivy Lane
Plymouth - Crown Lane
Preston - Ivy Lane
QPR - Crown Lane
Reading - Stade Municipal
Sheff Wednesday - Square Ground
Sheff UTD - Ivy Lane
Southampton - Stade Municipal
Swansea - Crown Lane
Watford - Crown Lane

SPL
Aberdeen - Crown Lane
Celtic - Football Ground
Dundee - Town Park
Falkirk - Town Park
Hamilton - Crown Lane
Hearts - Crown Lane
Hibernian - Crown Lane
Inverness - Town Park
Kilmarnock - Crown Lane
Motherwell - Crown Lane
Rangers - Football Ground
St Mirren - Town Park

A-League
Adelaide - Aloha Park
CC Mariners - Town Park
Melb. Victory - Stadion Hanguk
Newcastle Jets - Crown Lane
Perth Glory FC - Aloha Park
Phoenix - Estadio De Les Artes
QLD Roar - Estadio De Les Artes
Sydney FC - Stadion Hang UK

Shame we didn't see a bit more variation - there are plenty of overseas grounds that could pass for british grounds...

One positive, is that you can select the cut of the grass for your ground, so at least that allows a tiny amount of customisation, and could help to make you feel like you are playing at home if your team has a generic stadium. (This can be achieved through the exhibition match options)."

30 games a season at Ivy Lane for me a season as Coventry in the Championship and 25 for a team with Ivy Lane as their home stadium in the Premiership.
There's more variation than 08, but I just hope that Ivy Lane doesn't become as repetitive as De Les Artes did.

Tim, it's bad that Charlton got De Les Artes, but at least it's only 24 games a season instead of about the 40 a season it was on 08. Still very annoying and I would be fuming if Coventry got it :((.

as a derby fan i just hope hes wrong there are better stads in game for most of the teams so if this is the list whoever choose them knows nothing about assigning a close looking stadium,
i will wait for someone else whith game to confirm it or wait till my game arrives in HOPE.
cant do another year of derby in that horrid ground

as a derby fan i just hope hes wrong there are better stads in game for most of the teams so if this is the list whoever choose them knows nothing about assigning a close looking stadium,
i will wait for someone else whith game to confirm it or wait till my game arrives in HOPE.
cant do another year of derby in that horrid ground

Surely the 'Square Ground' would be the best bet for Derby? Seeing as it's given to Boro, Stoke and Bolton who have similar modern grounds.

Back
Top Bottom