FIFA 09 PS3/360 Discussion Thread

exactly what I want to know!
From what i can see you can create your team name then play as Man utd,Arsenal or whoever. So you call them sweetkilla fc or jaygrims retards then once you have a full dressing room of players submit the team and then you get started,don't know the playing as players bit as i couldn't submit a team and i'm a silly twat when it comes to shit like this..:DD

I'm a Man-utd european champions Treble winner supporter for over 30yrs lad,if some inter bum-boy wants it,he gets it without lubrication.:-pp

when I get my hands on Inter and Ibra your in trouble m8 :)

and you will get your game orders tomorrow if it says its been dispatched

Hiya:)) Is it possible to freely add and remove national players to a national team? Or is it impossible to change the squad as it is?

Well one has to assume it's the same as Fifa08 in which case it's very easy to add/remove players from international teams, as well as change squad numbers, tactics, kick takers etc. etc.

pepper63 and to anyone thats played

have any of you tried playing as arsenal? . if so can you tell me have they improved us a lot , i read they worked a lot on arsenal, being passing genius's in fifa09. true?

hey guys i've got a little question for you .....just another guy with a little question xD

Is it possible to change the name of a player ? f.e Mutu was called "Murgu" in Fifa the last fifa series (because of the drug thing )

Can you change the player names on the back of the kits?

How in the world do we not have a Stadium update on what's in the game and what's not. All of thse pages I've read through aand there is hardly any info whatsoever. Maybe make a thread serparate from this one about where and when to get the game because I've just wasted 10 forum pages on my life...

: )

Last edited by a moderator:
29/09/2008 15:09:27Your order is currently being picked and packed.

29/09/2008 14:17:26Your credit/ debit card has been authorised and your order is now being released for packing.
Funds will not be debited until your order is shipped. 29/09/2008 12:42:23Your order is waiting for authorisation and release for packing. 27/08/2008 14:41:10Your order is currently held as a Preorder

To be honest I've not had any problems getting consistency on my curling, and I've not seen anyone complain about it. ;)

Also, FIFA08 had no problems with huge amounts of curl. In fact, curling in FIFA08, especially with the better players like Ronaldinho and such, needed to be more to be realistic. Also FIFA08 had no problems with the curl amount reacting so much to the pace of the ball. In FIFA09 the ball starts curling more as the ball looses pace, which is realistic, but it is way too exaggerated. You'll instead see the ball have almost no curl until suddenly it will whip to the side. There are also cases where the ball will not curl at all for 25 meters, even though the ball is spinning like crazy, and sometimes you can even see a hint of the ball curling slightly slightly in the opposite "direction at first, to suddenly after 25 meters start suddenly move in the proper direction.

So there are alot of problems with curl and freekicking.

Also, I've struck several freekicks, and I see no indication that they've changed the system from 08 in terms of how to operate the curl stick. I will power up for the shot, and immediately press the stick in the direction I want the ball to curl, and then just hold it there until the player shoots. It gets alot of curl, and I don't see why you would feel the need to let go of the stick in a certain timing, and what you feel you achieve with this?

Until I see a dev or official guide/manual describing the system, I've got a hard time thinking that they've suddenly changed one thing to be completely different.

Also, you don't mention corners, so does that mean that you feel they aren't using the same system? That would be highly inconsistent, since a corner is a freekick from the corner flag essentially. :)

And again, I've struck alot of corners, and there is no need to let go of the stick at any point go get a good strike with lots of curl. The "timing" thing they had in 08 was that you had to press the curl direction as soon as possible after the powering up had started, to get the most curl.

Once I can play the game, I will take lots of freekicks and compare the trajectories with various timings and releases of the stick.

If you've played the full game, does in fact the curling still have the same problems as the demo in terms of the programing of the curl and the inconsistent flight paths that are very unrealistic? :)

i promise you if you hold the l.stick all the way down till he kicks the ball the curl will be wild and way over done. nothing much more i can add apart from that. i learnt this from the guide on operation sports.

for a decent bend, hold the stick for half as long as it take you to charge the full cross/shot from corners/free kicks. let gt before the bar is charged and the curl is vastly different.

lol, i'm not just making this up, i've been practicing in the arena. i consider myself v.good at free kicks in these games too. (PES5 (check the sig), ISS64/deluxe, fifa's). it's certainly different from 08, cause in 08 i could hold the curl all the way through to the kick and even after, and could still hit the top hand corner with a gentle curler. i supposed they've introduced an element of error to the freekicks, in the sense that you can "overdo" them.

29/09/2008 14:17:26Your credit/ debit card has been authorised and your order is now being released for packing.
Funds will not be debited until your order is shipped. 29/09/2008 12:42:23Your order is waiting for authorisation and release for packing. 27/08/2008 14:41:10Your order is currently held as a Preorder

Interesting if it goes out today with GTA they picked and packed them day early but didnt send them out until next day if i remember.

Probably be shipped tomorrow then. I looked at my previous Game orders and I seemed to have games shipped the day after they started to be picked.

Hmm...wierd. Mine is still at "Your order is waiting for authorisation and release for packing." Maybe it's because I live in Sweden?

How come Santiago Bernabeu is no longer in Fifa? It wasn't there in Fifa 08 neither. Licens issues?

Back
Top Bottom