FIFA 09 PS3/360 Discussion Thread

i promise you if you hold the l.stick all the way down till he kicks the ball the curl will be wild and way over done. nothing much more i can add apart from that. i learnt this from the guide on operation sports.

for a decent bend, hold the stick for half as long as it take you to charge the full cross/shot from corners/free kicks. let gt before the bar is charged and the curl is vastly different.

lol, i'm not just making this up, i've been practicing in the arena. i consider myself v.good at free kicks in these games too. (PES5 (check the sig), ISS64/deluxe, fifa's). it's certainly different from 08, cause in 08 i could hold the curl all the way through to the kick and even after, and could still hit the top hand corner with a gentle curler. i supposed they've introduced an element of error to the freekicks, in the sense that you can "overdo" them.

Just making sure that we understand eachother, I don't think the words "perfect" and "overdone" can be used in the same sentence so I wanted to make sure what you meant. ;)

Also, you don't have to let go of the stick at a certain point, you can just not angle it all the way to the edge instead for a lesser effect.

Still, if the curl still is unrealistic, that is bad...

29/09/2008 15:09:27Your order is currently being picked and packed.

29/09/2008 14:17:26Your credit/ debit card has been authorised and your order is now being released for packing.
Funds will not be debited until your order is shipped. 29/09/2008 12:42:23Your order is waiting for authorisation and release for packing. 27/08/2008 14:41:10Your order is currently held as a Preorder

Who did you Pre-Order from?

:DD Shopto do next day delivery from 5.30 at the latest so lets hope they send out emails before then. Not sure if I should bother with another one since il be last on the queue

why should shopto process the game now? :? are you people crazy!!

they will start processing the order on Tuesday/Wednesday and you should get it thursday (as i always do)

They send the games when they have it in stock. Clearly places have been getting PS3 copies in stock so I can't imagine ShopTo not having copies now, or at least getting them tomorrow.

Order status log
29/09/2008 15:34:04 Your credit/ debit card has been authorised and your order is now being released for packing.
Funds will not be debited until your order is shipped.
29/09/2008 15:31:31 Your order is waiting for authorisation and release for packing.
21/09/2008 17:10:43 Your order is currently held as a Preorder

OMFG!! (from GAME)

should dispatch today then if it follows the same pattern as previous buys :applaud::applaud::applaud: :DD:DD:DD

They send the games when they have it in stock. Clearly places have been getting PS3 copies in stock so I can't imagine ShopTo not having copies now, or at least getting them tomorrow.

No, this is wrong. They often get it in but send it in time for Thursday. There have been many times where they have the game but will not send it as they could get in trouble. They'll only send it if they can verify a broken release date by a high street store.

You will not want to put this game down,just played Man-utd v Liverpool and it was like watching it on sky tv. The crowd were making lots of noise and not sure if it was in 08 but giggs was taking a corner and the crowd were standing up and waving,I can't wait to play TT2006 and all my all league rivals.Chris " jack " Bauer set up a league asap mate.

Adding to gomito's question (which is a good question), does the quality of the opposition really make a difference? This ruined Manager Mode on 08 for me, as it was just as easy to beat Chelsea as it was to beat Barnet (maybe harder to beat crap teams when the underdog logic thing kicked in).

A further question regarding that would be - Do different team's custom tactics make a difference to the way they play?
Do Arsenal play one and two touch passing, give the man in posession options etc while Bolton/Boro will play the long ball a lot?

I'm sure I've read Fernandez saying that you can definately tell the difference between teams? I could be wrong.

I remember Chris Bauer saying the same thing in his FIFA 08 review before the game was released though :LOL:

They also only picked out the good ones. But FIFA still has pretty bad faces in general, but it is so much harder for them to make it look good because they're not using the old technique with simple mesh and photo on top. If they have a good photo, then the face in PES will look pretty good but very lifeless.

Edit: Those pictures do lie a little, because every FIFA player has huge noses and that's not how it looks in the demo. I think the camera plays some tricks on the FIFA ones.

The PES boys are doing well in only picking out ones where PES is better.. the link has about 32 and a good chunk of them, FIFA do better.

Some PES guy posted the Deco one.. I genuinely think Deco looks better in FIFA.

How desperate do you need to be to try and prove to yourself that "your" game is better by comparing :censor: faces of players?! I mean come on, nobody will see the faces!

Who cares if the ball skates around, the animations are crap and the game plays like crap, at least the FACES look good!

I really don't understand fanboys and trying to justify their love for something. They really need to grow up instead of acting like schoolchildren "my dad is better than yours" :ROLL:

Back
Top Bottom