FIFA 09 PS3/360 Discussion Thread

ShopTo never get stock in until the Wednesday. I'm pretty confident they'll send their copies out around 4pm and you'd have it tomorrow which is always the case. They always send the games out on Wednesday evenings to arrive tomorrow. I wouldn't worry yet :))

ShopTo never get stock in until the Wednesday. I'm pretty confident they'll send their copies out around 4pm and you'd have it tomorrow which is always the case. They always send the games out on Wednesday evenings to arrive tomorrow. I wouldn't worry yet :))

Just what I came into the thread to bitch about :DD

Morning guys, picked up mine last night from my local Asda, been playing ALL night, im at work now and totally knackered!!

but here are my initial impressions...

Best Fifa game EVER...full stop

I'm a Pro evo addict, ive played every WE, PES and ISS game ever made...so I consider my opinion to be a little bit qualified here!!

I play Fifa every year but this will be the first year I will actually play through the competitions, the authentcity of this is incredible, I was playing as my beloved Birmingham City and the crowd were actually singing "Keep Right On" (our anthem) It was quite an experience!!

Only gripe I have so far is that you cannot edit player's appearances - oh and why do all goalkeepers have shitty kits!??!

Gameplay is tight, graphics are good and I've really enjoyed what ive played so far and cant wait to play more later

I think Fifa will satisify my single player needs and no doubt me and my mates will fall back to pro for the multi player goodness

p.s if you want a full pro evo experience on this edit the controls and tweak Dynamic cam 2 and wolla - oh you'll need to change the speed to fast too!!!

p.s. my gamertag is beatfreak boy for any doubters!!

On the PS3 you have weather providing it's overcast which is true to life,so you may get rain or snow,and the rain stops and starts same with the snow.As for manager mode i think they've gone for the basic one game a week rubbish but i haven't played enough yet to say different.I haven't seen an overcast game yet.But as it's new the great animations and end to end action takes your mind off that but for how long? There really are some superb new heading animations which all gives it that little bit extra,you will not play 08 again,they could've put pitch mark up and dirty kits but i suppose they will wait to see how that looks on PES09 before EA do it.But they do it on Madden. I can't wait to read this forum on friday it's going to be interesting to see what you think.:TU:

Morning guys, picked up mine last night from my local Asda, been playing ALL night, im at work now and totally knackered!!

I'm a Pro evo addict, ive played every WE, PES and ISS game ever made...so I consider my opinion to be a little bit qualified here!!

I play Fifa every year but this will be the first year I will actually play through the competitions, the authentcity of this is incredible, I was playing as my beloved Birmingham City and the crowd were actually singing "Keep Right On" (our anthem) It was quite an experience!!

Only gripe I have so far is that you cannot edit player's appearances - oh and why do all goalkeepers have shitty kits!??!

Gameplay is tight, graphics are good and I've really enjoyed what ive played so far and cant wait to play more later

I think Fifa will satisify my single player needs and no doubt me and my mates will fall back to pro for the multi player goodness

p.s if you want a full pro evo experience on this edit the controls and tweak Dynamic cam 2 and wolla - oh you'll need to change the speed to fast too!!!

Asda? How did you get them to sell you a copy?

Ah well, I should have it tomorrow morning anyway. Watching Liverpool tonight so I wouldn't be playing FIFA much anyway :))

Edit: Game have just dispatched my copy!

Bitter or anyone else with the game already, can you tell me how long halves online ranked matches are? Thanks.

Which Asda mate, I'll be off to get mine straight away.

Are you sure that isn't just because the rain drops are so small? Try zooming in as far as you can in with the most zoomed camera angle.

I'm OK with this, purely because you cannot actually see rain drops in real footy. Unless it was like, you couldn't actually tell it was raining/snow (ie, no effects related to rain/snow - wet pitch, general lighting etc.)... then that would be dumb.

You could also try going into the replay, and seeing if it's a distance factor. Go to the 'Orbit' Cam, go far out and then slowly move in to see if it suddenly appears/begins to appear.

Just tried all of the above - no luck. Zoomed in as far as possible - no rain at all despite all replays and cutscenes showing drops falling. Also, i went into instant replay, on the same TELE cam i was using in game, and rain is there. Its like theyve forgotten to put it in the game or something!!

Small Heath is my local to on just off the Cov road, damn. I'll try now and Argos if all fails.

Just tried all of the above - no luck. Zoomed in as far as possible - no rain at all despite all replays and cutscenes showing drops falling. Also, i went into instant replay, on the same TELE cam i was using in game, and rain is there. Its like theyve forgotten to put it in the game or something!!

Yet it works in Be a Pro? That's absolutely bizarre. So, can you tell it's raining at all (like, d'you see splash on the pitch and stuff) normally?

Yet it works in Be a Pro? That's absolutely bizarre. So, can you tell it's raining at all (like, d'you see splash on the pitch and stuff) normally?

you can see splash on the pitch, but no rain at all. It works in BAP if you use the Pro camera..for ppl like me who play BAP on tele camera there is no weather. For snow, theres no snow falling (despite it falling in replays and cutscenes), but there is snow shoveled to the side of the ground.

Can someone with this on 360 please confirm its not just my copy doing this??

Last edited:
you can see splash on the pitch, but no rain at all. It works in BAP if you use the Pro camera..for ppl like me who play BAP on tele camera there is no weather. For snow, theres no snow falling (despite it falling in replays and cutscenes), but there is snow shoveled to the side of the ground.

That's OK. Obviously not ideal, but OK. Thanks for the replies :)

After 28 games in Manager Mode, the league table stands like this:

Chelsea
Arsenal
Manchester City
Manchester UTD
Liverpool
Portsmouth

Nice to see it looking relatively realistic.

Can't remember this being the case before.

That's pretty cool, I remember 08's being all over the place, Arsenal bottom half, Chelsea mid table etc.

Deem do you know how long the matches are for online ranked matches? Thanks.

the strange thing is that It feels like its there - shots closer down, like the goalie taking goal kick or any free kick or corner kick the rain is there, just not in play no matter how close i zoom. Frustrating.

Ranked matches have 5 minute halves.

Started BAP season with a created player yesterday. Picked West Ham, and I found myself in the reserves. The squads are a bit too small to fill two teams, so most reserve teams have generated players. These players are so random that some of them look really strange. All kinds of hair colors, and some even have the Cech helmet! I know the mode isnt made for playing in the reserves, but it feels a bit strange kicking off your career in a reserve match, and your not really sure if you play for West Ham or Punk Rock United.

its Wednesday today and so far no sign of them having it in stock. might cancel my preorder:TU:

last time im ever going to listen to u lot saying how shopto are great:LOL:

They don't update their stock until mid-afternoon, around 2pm I guess.

"Patience is the key to success" right, jonney? ;))

After 28 games in Manager Mode, the league table stands like this:

Chelsea
Arsenal
Manchester City
Manchester UTD
Liverpool
Portsmouth

Nice to see it looking relatively realistic.

Can't remember this being the case before.

Where are Spurs?! :SS

Back
Top Bottom