FIFA 09 PS3/360 Discussion Thread

Guys, as a Fifa n00b, is it possible to edit the teams prior to MM or Exhibition games, adding players to teams and the like?

For example, creating myself and adding to the Tottenham squad, or updating a few transfers that have taken place which havent been picked up yet?

I realise the editor isnt quite up to PES standards (or so I gather), but would still hope this is a viable option.

Cheers.

Anyone? :))

I'm sorry but that's all complete bollocks. Yes you prefer online, yes a lot of people prefer online, but there is also a very large portion of people who either spend vast amounts of their Fifa time in manager mode, or like me spend virtually all their Fifa time in manager mode, it's pretty arrogant to say that "this is the way to play" just because it's your preference or the preference of some people you know, read the EA forums, there is a huge amount of people who want to play a fully fleshed out manager mode and are greatly frustrated and disappointed with all the news coming out about Fifa09's manager mode.

11 vs 11 is the most realistic mode a football game can ever have and EA is trying to bring us so its not bollocks at all

Im afraid your in the minority and it shows this year with EA's big push online and leaving MM untouched

That looks well funny when they're all celebrating :LOL:

Doesn't look good that the whole team seemed to sprint into the area, nobody held back on the edge of the box. Poor teamwork right there ;))

That looks well funny when they're all celebrating :LOL:

Doesn't look good that the whole team seemed to sprint into the area, nobody held back on the edge of the box. Poor teamwork right there ;))
That will be the great thing about 10v10 - Our Evo-Web teams will (should) play proper football, and be able to counter attack teams who do that sort of thing and get a lot of goals from it.

10v10 with two organised team with all 20 people being proper football fans, knowing how it is played and the tactics that go with it etc. will just be the best football game experience ever, mark my words :DD.

Dude...

You really need to get yourself an official microsoft vga cable(if you have a spare d-sub).

Looks fucking amazing.

:TU:

What's the output with that? Isn't it only 720p? I'm gonna buy a new TV this week that supports 1080p, so I'm just curious...

The thing is I seem to have a very old 360, so there's no HDMI port :(( So I guess my only option is a VGA cable?

That will be the great thing about 10v10 - Our Evo-Web teams will (should) play proper football, and be able to counter attack teams who do that sort of thing and get a lot of goals from it.

10v10 with two organised team with all 20 people being proper football fans, knowing how it is played and the tactics that go with it etc. will just be the best football game experience ever, mark my words :DD.

Of course the worry is that there will be unrealistic gameplay exploits. They have to make sure that teams who overload the box in this way are punished by a quick counter attach. I just hope that there isn't some glitch whereby lining up 10 players in a long line across the opposition box doesn't guarantee goals at corners for example.

What's the output with that? Isn't it only 720p? I'm gonna buy a new TV this week that supports 1080p, so I'm just curious...

The thing is I seem to have a very old 360, so there's no HDMI port :(( So I guess my only option is a VGA cable?

The official VGA cable looks great, so its not a bad thing.

Asda have said to me it's 110% impossible to recieve a game before Friday 3rd October 11:45pm due to the game not being registered on the company's register system nationally.

They said if people were to get their hands on the game, then the barcode can not have been scanned.

Weird.

In all honesty you're unlikely to see much difference between 720p and 1080p seeing as most games are just upscaled by the 360 anyway. There is actually an argument that you may get a better picture by setting your 360 to 720p and letting your display do the upgrading. My advice is to try both and see what you prefer.
There isn't really a difference between 1080i and 1080p in films either as films are only 24fps and plasma teles will have enough time recombine the images into a progressive display anyway without dropping frames.

Precisely. As long as YOUR team has 9 other serious team mates, then all the others are irrelevant. You can ALWAYS play a good game.

The game is out in Holland!

Fantastic game! Only shit thing is the camera that zoomed in afte scoring :( The feeling that you score disappears, but oke it's a fantastic game!

Asda have said to me it's 110% impossible to recieve a game before Friday 3rd October 11:45pm due to the game not being registered on the company's register system nationally.

They said if people were to get their hands on the game, then the barcode can not have been scanned.

Weird.

I can confirm this, as my mate works at ASDA. Strange how some people are managing to get it from there early.

Ok cool. Do you use that one? Is there a big diffrence in quality between VGA and HDMI? I'm a noob at this as you can see :))

game.co.uk has still not dispatched my copy...:brick:

I use VGA and I've found it to look better than component and HDMI. But it really depends on tv. VGA will definitely look good though. Especially since you dont have HDMI. Just remember to buy the official VGA cable because most other ones are crap.

Afraid so mate.

Plenty people would argue that hdmi shows little to no difference in picture quality compared to an official vga lead.

As a side note, please do NOT buy a third party vga cable, I made this mistake a while back and the picture quality was shocking...it really is worth the extra cash mate.

I play on my 19" hdtv, through vga @ 1280 x 1024 widescreen mode.
Also, afaik, the november update will let us go to even better resolutions.

Happy days...:DANCE:

So, has anyone played both 360 and PS3 versions?

I heard one person say they were pretty much identical, but I find that hard to believe after last year and the demo...

Back
Top Bottom