FIFA 09 PS3/360 Discussion Thread

i know, its surprising cause people on here bashes americans for not knowing shit about football, about being annoying online,but they have a very indepth and informative website, about the beatiful game, fifa that is... and the information is not a bunch of people arguing about which game is better, or untucked shirts, there is actually useful information and videos posted

Yeah that does suck but I bet we (me and you) know as much about futbol as everyone here.

i know, its surprising cause people on here bashes americans for not knowing shit about football, about being annoying online,but they have a very indepth and informative website, about the beatiful game, fifa that is... and the information is not a bunch of people arguing about which game is better, or untucked shirts, there is actually useful information and videos posted

Americans know alot more about football than you think... This is why I find the world so annoying. Who do you think immigrates here to the US? Mexicans, Brazilians, Columbians and on and on and on... I have played footy for years in the park with a couple of trash cans with a bunch of people who don't speak English. This country is LOADED with football fans - we just don't have a strong league to latch onto domestically.

As far as footy video games, I've been playing since World Cup 98 on the PC....

Yeah that does suck but I bet we (me and you) know as much about futbol as everyone here.

:THINK:

Who on here has said you don't know about footy anyway?

I have said you 2 have surprised me at how much you do know and how well you read the game for saying its not your first sport

Just got a text from Shoptp, the game should be here tomorrow.

can anybody explains to me the control filter settings in online play?

basically there are 3 options: manual, assisted or any

but I don't get where the difference between assisted and any is
because assisted allows you to use any configuration, doesn't it?

can anybody explains to me the control filter settings in online play?

basically there are 3 options: manual, assisted or any

but I don't get where the difference between assisted and any is
because assisted allows you to use any configuration, doesn't it?

I assume it's whether you force people to use manual or assisted passing/shooting, or allow them to choose.

:THINK:

Who on here has said you don't know about footy anyway?

I have said you 2 have surprised me at how much you do know and how well you read the game for saying its not your first sport

not you or anyone of the regular guys, usually random guys or plan M... hahah

its out on the shop here in france, i bought mine straight away, the problem is that my wife made a surprise for me, and order it on amazon,
i don't know what to do now, as if i open it, can't give it back to the shop, and i don't want to end up with 2 fifa games. o fuck that am gonna open it right now, can't resist anymore, at worst i will sell one on ebay;)

UK - Blockbusters

Just called my local store, with whom I have a pre-order, and the bloke was very friendly (not a snotty nose kid) and said it would be 9am Friday morning.

When I tried to force the issue by telling him some stores had started selling it today he said that unless they get an e-mail telling them they can then it's Friday 9am no matter what...

Was hoping for just one extra night with it. Although within a few days, do you really ever look back and think "thank fk I've had this one day early"? I don't.

Last edited:
its out on the shop here in france, i bought mine straight away, the problem is that my wife made a surprise for me, and order it on amazon,
i don't know what to do now, as if i open it, can't give it back to the shop, and i don't want to end up with 2 fifa games. o fuck that am gonna open it right now, can't resist anymore, at worst i will sell one on ebay;)

Why don't you just not open the one from Amazon and give that one to the shop?

Just got the game for the 360.

Im very impressed so far, game feels even more fluid than the demo, which is a major improvement.

Football League matches dont feel as "clunky" if that makes any sense?

Looking forward to starting MM now.

I'll update more later.

I assume it's whether you force people to use manual or assisted passing/shooting, or allow them to choose.

yes, but the point is, that you can force somebody to use manual, but you cannot force a manual player to use assisted config, can you?

Just got the game for the 360.

Im very impressed so far, game feels even more fluid than the demo, which is a major improvement.

Football League matches dont feel as "clunky" if that makes any sense?

Looking forward to starting MM now.

I'll update more later.

Jamie - I seem to remember you got 08 a bit earlier than most last year too - where did you get it from? Am I right in thinking you've a mate who works in Blockbusters?

I have some questions:

1. I read somewhere that the PS3 version of the game will have all commentary languages available. Is this true? How was it in FIFA 08?

2. Is the dlc and online updates region locked on the PS3 even if the game is region free? In other words if I'm in N.America and I buy the PAL version will I not be able to update the game online or use the Adidas Live Season?

3. If I try to play online with the PAL version on my NTSC system will I be only able to play with/against people in Europe and maybe having lag as opposed to being able to play with people in my same region?

Sorry for all the questions, but I'm considering importing this baby.

thanks,

anyone? :))

yes, but the point is, that you can force somebody to use manual, but you cannot force a manual player to use assisted config, can you?

Well, I haven't looked by you said there are 3 choices.

Manual - force Manual
Assisted - force assisted
Any - Any

I'd assume that would force it, but I couldn't say for sure.

Why would you want to force a manual player to use assisted anyway?

Does be a pro season have league table stands? i.e. IF the player team become champion on the next season play CL cup etc...

Jamie - I seem to remember you got 08 a bit earlier than most last year too - where did you get it from? Am I right in thinking you've a mate who works in Blockbusters?

That's correct yes.

He always get's his games two days before release. However knowing im an avid football fan, he always ask's to pay for two copies before release day.

Back
Top Bottom