FIFA 09 PS3/360 Discussion Thread

can someone with the 360 version please confirm that when raining, no rain appears in normal game camera, only in cutscenes, replays, free kicks and instant replays?

Its a bug thats really ruining it for me - want to know if its just my copy!!

I'll get back to you on this shortly. Mine has just arrived! The thing is, the postman came to the door and chucked through a couple of junk letters and then moved on. I chased him round to my neighbours house and asked if he had a package for me. He promptly dug around in his bag and handed me it.

Fifa09 will be sold at a price of £29.97 in Tesco from midnight tonight I just need to confirm if it applies to all console versions of the game or prices start from £29.97 etc...

for the life of me, placebo, someone with knowledge explain to me how in the UK you can get different prices at different stores for video games, this is un heard of in the US, they are always, always $59.99, or so it seems.... these people just take a loss on the game to get you in the store?

I'm blown away by the game so far. Only played a couple of games so far but it really is as good as people have been saying. Just played Dortmund v PSG (beat them 1-0), great game, both sides playing neat football. The graphics and animations are incredible and the atmosphere in the stadium is brilliant. With the surround sound on it's almost like you're there.:))

Would be very nice to meet you but i have a feeling i´m not getting the game this week :| Where are you going to stay exactly? You should have come last weekend though , i had free tickets to Benfica - Sporting ;)

i meant the weekend of the 11th. Im staying here

Eurostars Das Letras
Rua Castilho 6-12

Are there any games going on that weekend in lisbon?

Played this a bit more and must say - I'm enjoying it!!!

Think the biggest improvement is the players playing more like individuals, rather than robots. Playing as Southend, I can now really tell the difference between each player, where I never could before.

And its accurate - Lee Sawyer (who is like a young Steven Gerrard and on-loan from Chelsea) is superb and has got MOM in 3 of the 5 games I've player with Southend.

I also like the more physical play - so you can really barge players around now and also the shooting, once you get used to it, is excellent. Love the way shots rise up.

Finally - if anyone has forgotten, there is a 'Game Speed' option. Bumping it up to 'Fast' makes it more enjoyable for me.

Oh my! Will I keep both games?!!?

I wouldn't count on it. My postman has just arrived with mine from ShopTo. What time does your post normally come at?

All sorts of times.. apparently it's come as late at 3 on rare occasions before but it would just be my luck for it not to come at all.

for the life of me, placebo, someone with knowledge explain to me how in the UK you can get different prices at different stores for video games, this is un heard of in the US, they are always, always $59.99, or so it seems.... these people just take a loss on the game to get you in the store?

I'm afraid I stopped being the official UK RRP setter in 2004 when I moved to the Czech Republic ;))

Traits are additional "special attributes" which certain players had in Fifa08, for example Michael Owen of course has "injury prone", he also has IIRC "tries to beat last man" and a couple of others, Mark Viduka on the other hand had "target forward" meaning he tried to get on the end of high balls played into him, in Fifa09 none of these traits are visible, there is no section to view them, there is no section to edit them, I know for a fact players in the database were assigned traits because I assigned them to my four teams, so the question is: did EA do away with traits completely or traits are in Fifa09 but they're hidden away so you don't know what special qualities a player has until you play against him or sign him?

I'll try to find out the answer from my EA contacts.

Now I understand - thanks for the info! I bet they are there somewhere....

Typical.. got up at 9am to play this for a few hours before work which I start at 3.30.. it's now 3 and that's it just arrived.

Is anyone having problems buying Adidas Live season? The free league worked but I keep getting an error when I try buying the others. This is on 360.

Is anyone having problems buying Adidas Live season? The free league worked but I keep getting an error when I try buying the others. This is on 360.

Yep me too, Ive got some MS points knocking about as well. Do you know how much they cost?

Just played a quick game 10v10.

Absoloute joke. Complete lag-fest, offside-fest with the forwards (and I use that term mildly as nearly every midfielder was up there as well), long-balls, shooting from the halfway line, players not passing and trying to dribble through everyone ... just a horrible experience.

Man after playing the PES demo it feels like EA are 10 years ahead of Konami in making games! That PES demo is truly very awful after playing Fifa 09!!

Those who still say that PES is better then Fifa this year need to go in to a psychiatric facility...

Absoloute joke. Complete lag-fest, offside-fest with the forwards (and I use that term mildly as nearly every midfielder was up there as well), long-balls, shooting from the halfway line, players not passing and trying to dribble through everyone ... just a horrible experience.

which is why you play FIFA Clubs :)

I will never play a 10v10 game as it would be turd

fifa clubs I have a team of 3 atm and its perfect :)

Unfortunately that's what it will be like every time with randoms

I'm getting the impression that finding a good game on 10vs10 on FIFA09 will be like getting a good match nowadays on GTA4 online! I'm always flicking through free modes full of irritating cunts with shitty connections until I find (and it's usually one or two) a really great game, and I'm building up a great friends list now which enables me to have MORE great games. This will be the case with FIFA09. Hang in there, and hope for help from EA. (Gulp)

Back
Top Bottom