FIFA 09 PS3/360 Discussion Thread

After a match you can no longer see every player's individual stats such as pass completion, shots on target, tackles made, dribbling distance etc. etc. Only for the 1 player voted MOM? :(

After a match you can no longer see every player's individual stats such as pass completion, shots on target, tackles made, dribbling distance etc. etc. Only for the 1 player voted MOM? :(

WHAT!!! that makes Bobby Unhappy - I love all that shit!!!

I played my first BAP online match

Manchester United 8-6 AC Milan

:|

United (my team) had 4 players sent off and amazingly won, the people on there are so ballgreedy its untrue and the defenders set off attacking with the forwards, leaving acres of space behind them.

Yeah I've played some bap online too and it wasn't very fun at all. It will be great with proper teams though.

And I'm not sure if it been said, but I can confirm that in BAP seasons you can get injured. I just got injured for three days or if it was three matches. Probably only minor injuries, but it's nice to see it's in.

same old same old with ea again, once you get into the game the bugs start surfacing...and not some of them, a lot. :(

it's kinda sad cause this is a great game, but so many things left out / forgotten / unbalanced that it takes away quite some fun :(

Hmm, do you get offers from other teams in BAP mode, or do you continue in the same team all 4 seasons?

Hmm, do you get offers from other teams in BAP mode, or do you continue in the same team all 4 seasons?

I think you move to different clubs as when you start a new game, the "Features" screen says about playing for different teams.

I think you move to different clubs as when you start a new game, the "Features" screen says about playing for different teams.

Oh alright, I really hope so because otherwise it'd get boring playing for the same team, specially if you want to begin in a "small" team and get a better contract by a big club.

Thanks for the answer.

I hate my postman.

Looks like we will now have a nice transition from game shop clerk violence to postman violence. ;)

I played my first BAP online match

Manchester United 8-6 AC Milan

:|

United (my team) had 4 players sent off and amazingly won, the people on there are so ballgreedy its untrue and the defenders set off attacking with the forwards, leaving acres of space behind them.

If you find a video or something of a match like this, I need to see it. It looks so ridiculous in my head, I hope reality matches it.

Just played the PES Demo.

If any of them has the nerve to say the ball is like a balloon in fifa they should try the goal kicks in there beloved PES.

I took a goal kick went and made a brew watched half an hour of Ray Mears and the ball had still not come down. :LOL:

Is it down yet mate ?

:LOL:

Well, my copy was apparently dispatched on Tuesday night, 1st class post, yet has not arrived today. But don't worry Mr Postman, I'll still give you your Christmas tip....the tip of a sword jammed up your arse.

Found a bug. When playing BAP Seasons, you can't pick the team or change tactics pre-game until you're captain. But you can change the tactics in-game :ROLL:

Quinninho, multiplayer in BAP Seasons is definately in yep.

I really dont think that happened, unless he was on the lowest setting

I have been trying to "break" the pes 09 demo like that for about 10 games and you are not gonna waltz past every player on the top setting (like you could in pes 08)

I'm not arsed about people slagging the game off (look at my join date, I have watched people slag it off since pes 2 onwards)

but to post such a blatent lie in this forum just to show your one of the sheep and then everyone says 'of course' 'well we all knew it would happen'etc will devalue your opinion on FIFA.

it needs to be kept objective.

I think both FIFA 09 and PES 09(demo) look fantastic this year, so both have a place in my collection.

the best game wont be decided for another 2-3 months when the dust settles when we see whos still playing what.

Just saw this. I hadn't played the demo as of the time my post was written. I was just not surprised if the game was piss easy. Do you blame me when my only NEXT GEN evidence was PES2008? Really?

Having got played the demo, it's not much better than i expected. Not piss easy due to the more pedantic pace of the passing. But it's not far enough removed from 2008. Infact It's a slower 2008.

It's been stripped down (primitive blur and massive Level of Detail filter) to get the frame-rate smooth (which does actually look very good) but that means we get worse player models (although the crowd and the pitch HAVE improved imo). One-touch passing is fast as ever, but playing the game, it's obvious the engine needs a re-haul.

And If we're playing the join-date game, i was online in 2000 crowing about how ISS n64 was better than PRo Evo on the PSx. I just hadn't found this place. Infact my other nick here (TheTone) was resigned ages ago.

I've bought these titles (ISS, Pro) every year without fail until Fifa07 came in attempting to add competition to the genre. Competition i didn't think as needed (Pro Evo 5 & 6 were the pinnacle as far as last gen football is concerned). Not until i saw Fifa09. It's not even the license anymore that separates them. It's the actual gameplay.

Fact is I find it more rewarding to craft and score a goal in Fif09 than in PES2009, and it's up to konami to come in fresh (just like EA did) and change my mind.

The complaints from PES fans of Fifa strike me as insincere in the face of PES2009. Ive heard it all from shooting, to the intricacies of player models and even Fifa's running animations. Truth is both could do better with the running animations. But the player models in Fifa are finally better than pro evo. They're slim and athletic rather than simian (as the were before). Prov Evo still has that drunken robocop running animation and wooden clothes from last gen.

I hope mods don't delete this as it addresses both games (both demos are out). Had i posted this on the other forum, i'd not have time to answer in the flood of tears heading my way. I just don't like my opinion one item being taken as base across all games (including fifa09).

There's mudslinging from both camps, but owning both consoles, both previous titles (fifa08 & PES2008) and both demo's, i'd like to believe my opinion counts for more than "bah he just bashed my precious demo so his opinion is worthless".

just my 2cents.

more like a quid actually.

Sweetkilla, you mean you can't change your mentality with the d-pad? Because it's definately working here.

I really hope a patch fixes the players making runs but stopping and starting again. It looks ridiculous and it completely ruins the flow of a passing move when the striker suddenly stops and the defender nicks the ball.

Are you lot up for some 10v10 tonight? :))

There might not be enough for 10v10 though, so maybe we can do 5v5 or something.

Sorry guys, I'm just tired of the nostalgia this guy is bringing in here with the "you don't talk about tactics/shooting etc like we used to", and a few lines down his posts there's Placebo helping someone with the new shooting mechanics and another poster joining in to help too. :lol:

whatever.

hey guy can someone please tell me what build the pes2009 demo that came out today was? thanks
because wow! the fifa demo is way better than it

Back
Top Bottom