FIFA 09 PS3/360 Discussion Thread

i fixed my bricked xbox. reformatted the hard drive to make it redownload the update.

seriously though, thanks everyone for your suggestions and your concern.

does anyone know if the adidas live season codes on the manual are the same.. someone on ea forums sayin he swapped his with his mate and he cld use it to unlock another league

The game is pretty much identical to the demo. The cut scenes have been like this for years. It doesn't really bother me but I honestly wish they'd do away with cut scenes all together. It would be much more immersive without them imho.

That's a shame. I had FIFA 08 and traded it in because of this. It made me feel like I had motion sickness. I'll hire it for a week and see if I can get on with it. Cheers for the reply :)

It's not possible to lock the camera to your player in BAP right? I mean with Tele cam or some other camera. Really hard to play as a defender when you can't see your player on the screen most of the time. The pro camera is like 20 fps, can't stand it. Remember that I could lock the camera to my player in PES when playing fixed cursor... should be in FIFA too.

It's not possible to lock the camera to your player in BAP right? I mean with Tele cam or some other camera. Really hard to play as a defender when you can't see your player on the screen most of the time. The pro camera is like 20 fps, can't stand it. Remember that I could lock the camera to my player in PES when playing fixed cursor... should be in FIFA too.
You can :)) Press the "Back" button on the controller (the one to the left of the big Xbox button) and then the camera focuses on your player, if you want it to focus on the ball again then just press the button again.

good news! about 10v10

Captains can kick players during game... just bring up the pause menu and go to the player list.

Limiting the players can be done by kicking the players you don't want on your team.

I just rang up Blockbuster and they said the price for the PS3 version of FIFA 09 will be £34.99 for this weekend only. On Monday its going back up to £39.99. Glad I waited now. Im picking up my copy tommorow! Cant wait! :)

Were you just on the EA boards? Cuz I was just about to ask someone to confirm this as someone just posted it over there.

Can anyone confirm this anyway?

yep from there, i believe it to be true as i have seen the option but have never clicked the players name..

billyboy, i saw in the sun today, not only is it £34.99, BUT......

you also get a free football worth £9.99 as well as a £5 money of voucher to use to purchase any other game. and it doesnt have to be there and then, so you could for example keep it for pes. or use it on summit else. good deal i'd say. but on the other hand i also read tesco are sellin it for £29.

My game is acting strange, Jenas and Modric have disappeared from the Spurs squad and when I try to play an exibition game with Spurs the match doesn't load and I have to quit the game.

Anyone else having similar issues?

you also get a free football worth £9.99 as well as a £5 money of voucher to use to purchase any other game. and it doesnt have to be there and then, so you could for example keep it for pes. or use it on summit else. good deal i'd say. but on the other hand i also read tesco are sellin it for £29.

I ordered mine today and got a tenner for fifa 08, free football and £15 worth of vouchers.

24.99 not a bad deal but when you consider the other stuff it's the best deal around

Tobi said:
My game is acting strange, Jenas and Modric have disappeared from the Spurs squad and when I try to play an exibition game with Spurs the match doesn't load and I have to quit the game.

Anyone else having similar issues?

I think it's the adidas live season influence, you see spurs are hardly playing football atm and both jenas and modric might aswell not be on the pitch for all the good they are doing. FIFA09 is just reflecting this in-game ;)

But no, haven't noticed this, but then Ive only played 5 matches, one friendly against rome and 4 MM matches with Liverpool. I played spurs and Im sure I saw Jenas running about, didnt notice Modric though.

I hear the commentary's been dumbed down from fifa 08 is that true?

Like no more mentioning teams or who scored! Is this true?

Be pissed if it is

I think it's the adidas live season influence, you see spurs are hardly playing football atm and both jenas and modric might aswell not be on the pitch for all the good they are doing. FIFA09 is just reflecting this in-game ;)

But no, haven't noticed this, but then Ive only played 5 matches, one friendly against rome and 4 MM matches with Liverpool. I played spurs and Im sure I saw Jenas running about, didnt notice Modric though.

LOL! Everywhere I go someone is takin' a dig at Spurs. For some reason I can't get enough of it.

@ Nack22,

Don't know, Ive put them on semi so I just hear them talking but can hardly understand them. I do the same with tv matches aswell.

LOL! Everywhere I got someone is takin' a dig at Spurs. For some reason I can't get enough of it.

And Everton get dumped out of the UEFA by Liege......This is a briljant day combining that with FIFA09 in my ps3. Im sure I can top it off by playing PES09 demo in a minute and having a good laugh at it.

From what I could tell with my short time;
- there are more animations,
- freekicks seem to be less sensative making it a bit easier to get the ball on target ( I never mastered the freekicks in 08 and never got close with the demo either),
- it looks a bit more polished then the demo ( on the ps3),
- ref's are slightly less strict with the cpu being less reckless in the tackles = makes it about right as I thought it was a bit too much in the demo if that would have happend in 5min matches or more
- CPU is harder, playing pro and its really hard atm while in the demo I hardly conceded and won most of the matches
- 1st touch seems better generally, I dont need to constantly use the l2 button (modifyer) when controlling the ball. Just using d-pad/analog for movement is good enough.

Last edited:

Aye its true mate. I pre-ordered 2 weeks ago and tommorow when I pick it up I get the vouchers and the football.

can't be bothered to search the thread

in the sun today there was a big advert saying fifa 09 for pes3/360 is £29.71 until sunday from tesco

Can you edit your appearance at any time during BAP:Seasons? (i.e. Change your hair style, or boots)

Yes you can, go to:

Manage Teams --> Creation Zone --> Edit Player

Then select the team you are playing in. Your created footballer should be between the other players.

@ Nack22,

Don't know, Ive put them on semi so I just hear them talking but can hardly understand them. I do the same with tv matches aswell.

And Everton get dumped out of the UEFA by Liege......This is a briljant day combining that with FIFA09 in my ps3. Im sure I can top it off by playing PES09 demo in a minute and having a good laugh at it.

From what I could tell with my short time;
- there are more animations,
- freekicks seem to be less sensative making it a bit easier to get the ball on target ( I never mastered the freekicks in 08 and never got close with the demo either),
- it looks a bit more polished then the demo ( on the ps3),
- ref's are slightly less strict with the cpu being less reckless in the tackles = makes it about right as I thought it was a bit too much in the demo if that would have happend in 5min matches or more
- CPU is harder, playing pro and its really hard atm while in the demo I hardly conceded and won most of the matches
- 1st touch seems better generally, I dont need to constantly use the l2 button (modifyer) when controlling the ball. Just using d-pad/analog for movement is good enough.

Cheers for that

Anyone noticed anything else (xbox 360)

I played games with Spurs earlier today and they were both there...

No more Spurs digs now :DD

does anyone know how to get to the section in the xbox live part that tells you games played, who you have played against, goals scored, ranking points, all that sorta stuff?

i cannot find it anywhere. its sorta like an online record.

any help would be much appreciated.

thanx
I have a french game, so I don't know exactly how they translated the menu, but you have to go in Xbox live then in player info near the bottom. You should see your gamertag, rank, skill points etc. If you press LT or RT you can switch info and you'll be able to see your records.

How do you not load the Adidas live thing?

It gonna be unfair when my mates don't pick English teams

Oh yeah and do these stats count online as well?

Last edited:
can't be bothered to search the thread

in the sun today there was a big advert saying fifa 09 for pes3/360 is £29.71 until sunday from tesco

Tempting but the tesco near my work doesnt sell games and my local one to my house is stil a bit of a boot and cant really be bothered to go after midnight.

To answer Nick Cave's question, your BAP can get injured, I've just took a knock and have a cross next to my name during the match now :((

Can anyone confirm whether or not you can boot people from the lobby of a Be A Pro match (unranked) by going to the player list? It's been said that you can do it from within the match but I think it'd make more sense to allow one to do it from the lobby since you'll know well beforehand if this guy is someone you'll want to play with.

Back
Top Bottom