FIFA 09 PS3/360 Discussion Thread

SXFuzz is it a definite no go on Home ground selection in the game?

Well I definitely can't find that option. That said, I don't like the menu system, so there are probably screens I've not seen. I can't even see the shop in this version (I was concerned at the lack of Nike boot colours. I remember reading that EA said they weren't going to make 3rd kits unlockables, so does this mean the shop has been removed?

Well I definitely can't find that option. That said, I don't like the menu system, so there are probably screens I've not seen. I can't even see the shop in this version (I was concerned at the lack of Nike boot colours. I remember reading that EA said they weren't going to make 3rd kits unlockables, so does this mean the shop has been removed?

Possibly so, I can't remember what else was available in the shop as I reached a point where it seemed impossible to get any more points...

Just played my 1st MM game, beat Hull 2-1. Was struggling to put passes together team was too stretched. I changed the custom tactic to possesion and then my whole team started giving the player with the ball options. Got some nice 1 and 2 touch stuff going, Could definatly tell the difference.

I have some questions for you "hardcore fifa lovers" :) I use to be a PES fan boy but if 2009 is the same as 2008 I will play FIFA because it´s getting better. However I need to know 2 things:

1- Is it possible to change formations when playin online? And I don´t mean team organization and that new stuff. I mean can we edit our players positions, giving them defensive and attacking arrows and defining exactly what to do and in wich zone of the pitch they play? (like we can do in fifa team management offline)

2- Does FIFA 09 finally have SuperCancel like PES has? Wich is very important to me in a Football game as I´m used to it (and it´s realistic indeed)

Thank you guys ;)

hey notti... depois fazemos umas jogas old-school ;)

0-0 with Bolton, they put about 8 million crosses into my box. Switched tactic to counter and i hit them on the break in the 90th. Lennon got free 1 on 1 tried a finesse shot and he bent it the wrong side of the post.

hey notti... depois fazemos umas jogas old-school ;)

Hey!! Senhor Mustaine há quanto tempo :) Epah tou a pensar comprar o FIFA também este ano, mas tenho de saber se dá para usar tacticas proprias online senao é uma granda falha :) Curti a demo até, com um ou outro promenor mau mas tá muito real o jogo :) Na próxima quinta já jogamos :P

Quick question: Does adidas live season take you directly to the psn store? Just wondering because I wanted to get a uk version of the game, but I also know that the psn stores are regionally locked. Thanks.

Dont understand why EA do not include Japanese teams in FIFA considering that it does get a Japan release.

In most likelihood, Konami probably has the exclusive rights to the J-League and the JFA. I really wish they at least put in a fake Japanese national team though, since I'm Korean and it kinda sucks that we are lacking our main rival (and instead the only other national team in Asia is China, who have never beaten us in history and is not really a rival). It's like having Man U in the game but not Liverpool...

Hi guys, We here in N.America have to wait until mid-October for the release. Want to know if there are any new leagues this year, specifically, the Russian Superleague as on the loading screen in the demo where you have all the representative league symbols, the second from the top right looks new to me.

Thanks in advance!

As was said above the custom tactics really do make a difference, was playing as Man City, and changed it half way through to short risky passes, free form movement. You see the attacking players popping up on the left, on the right, interchanging positions, really good for counter attacking, and especially with Man City's pace.

hey im thinking on buying the fifa 08 uk version for my xbox 360 and the ps3 (both us console). so my question is will the uk game work in a us console. thanks

Think its going to take a while to find the right formation, lots of options. Will be interesting to see the home made ones to get teams playing like thier real life counterparts as well/

hey im thinking on buying the fifa 08 uk version for my xbox 360 and the ps3 (both us console). so my question is will the uk game work in a us console. thanks
Only work for PS3 as it is region free.

Now adidas live is another story as it, I am guessing, will be using XBL market place and the PSN store, which are regionally locked (unlike the ps3 games).

I also was wondering about adidas live working. Until then, I will hold back my temptation and wait till oct 14:((, unless I hear otherwise (some one know if live season will work anywhere? :SS)

that should help. if you hold it all the way through to the kicker kicking the ball, then you'll get MASSIVE curl in the direction you aimed.

I think that sort of contradicts the statement of it being perfect, seeing that you can't get anywhere near as much curl on Freekicks as in the Demo, and the curl algoritms are severely flawed. I've seen a ball deflect on a players upper back-thigh, getting a downward trajectory, and then actually bending _up_ against gravity. Soccer balls in general don't have the ability to generate more lift than to counter gravity, apart from perhaps very subtly during extreme situations and curls (such as meeting a rolling ball and hitting it with lots of backspin, a so called "riser").

So "perfect" seems a bit "wrong", unless you use some other criteria than (the usually implied) "realism", in which case you could state "it is perfect, because..." or something similar. :)

All this obviously based on EA not having changed the Freekick and curl from the Demo, which noone has answered yet I believe. :)

that´s L2 + R2 on ps3?

Pace Control + Sprint?

Correct. Though Supercancel still isn't nearly as instantaneous as it should be, atleast in the demo. Generally there is more than half a second's delay (sometimes up to a second), and I also find that usually you need to tap the two buttons repeatedly in different patterns to make sure the player gets the input, otherwise you sometimes press the buttons and don't realize until its too late that the player doesn't react to it. I don't understand how hard it should be to immediately have the player moving to your PAD input. Most likely it would be some inherent delay they've added for that command, for some inexplicable reason (like they've added a delay to make sure that someone doesn't press the two buttons for an instant by accident, but instead it needs to be a deliberate 1-second press to avoid any chance of cancelling a run by mistake). It can be frustrating dealing with it.

new vid, great passing:

YouTube - starsbourg metz

Trance: all i know is i'm able to adjust the amount of curl with consistency on my free kicks and corners. that seemed to be the main complaint. for me it's perfect. i've not nailed it each time. but i've not been far off many times.

i was just pointing out that the ridiculous curl you get is from taking freekicks the same way as 08. it's definitely been redone more like how ou aim while charging you serve in top spin 3. that drew criticism too as it varies from player to player how long you hold the curl/dip/backspin down.

Wow that vid looks great. I just the new PES vids and they look a lot better than PES 2008 but FIFA 09 is really on another level it seems.

Nice videos, looks better and better :))

One thing though, in that last video there is evidence that the advantage rule has NOT been fixed :((.

Back
Top Bottom