FIFA 09 PS3/360 Discussion Thread

Can anyone answer me these questions about the game after looking at the tranmere and fulham pics

The crowd looks really close to the pitch can you see them that close in normal play (not just set pieces)

If yes does it add value to the gaming experience

The Ea guy in his interview said something about the way the sound is distributed for example Anfield will be noisy at KOP end if I understoo him right..Is this true?

Many thanks

I just got back from a week-long holiday and I got a few questions for those who apparently already got a hold of the game:

1. Are there Japanese teams, even fake ones?

2. How's the editing feature, is there a way to edit the teams kits, perhaps importing textures and stuff from your HD/USB key (talking specifically about PS3)?

3. Are the Korean teams licensed (I mean, do they have original kits, real names and the likes)?

Thanks in advance for your answers.

I just got back from a week-long holiday and I got a few questions for those who apparently already got a hold of the game:

2. How's the editing feature, is there a way to edit the teams kits, perhaps importing textures and stuff from your HD/USB key (talking specifically about PS3)?

3. Are the Korean teams licensed (I mean, do they have original kits, real names and the likes)?

Dunno anything about the Japanese teams, but the K-League is fully licensed ;))

To the guy who asked about 3rd kits for Everton, Portsmouth and Blackburn.

Only Portsmouth have a third kit of the 3, Everton have a white kit as away, Blackburn have blue away kit with white lines down the middle.

And to the guy about free kicks, the curve seems slightly toned down from the demo, but I think now you can control it more depending on how long you hold the stick in the direction for.

i keep saying it over and over. the free kick system is perfect. hold the direction down while the bar is chargin. sometimes you'll have to let go way early (before you release the charge button).

that should help. if you hold it all the way through to the kicker kicking the ball, then you'll get MASSIVE curl in the direction you aimed.

i've scored 1 or 2 sick free kicks and you'll see a few more online when it becomes common fact.

as i say, it reminds me of topspin 3's serving.

Dont understand why EA do not include Japanese teams in FIFA considering that it does get a Japan release.

To the guy who asked about 3rd kits for Everton, Portsmouth and Blackburn.

Only Portsmouth have a third kit of the 3, Everton have a white kit as away, Blackburn have blue away kit with white lines down the middle.

And to the guy about free kicks, the curve seems slightly toned down from the demo, but I think now you can control it more depending on how long you hold the stick in the direction for.

Thank you so much!

Can someone make a screenshot from the homekit of AFC Ajax?

Thanks anyway.

AjaxHSS0809.jpg

Now that's out of the way, lets get serious. What about some Manager Mode news...

im gonna start a MM game now. My two mates just left, both are buying the game on Friday. One of them hasnt played Fifa since about 98 and didnt even wanna play it today.

I have some questions for you "hardcore fifa lovers" :) I use to be a PES fan boy but if 2009 is the same as 2008 I will play FIFA because it´s getting better. However I need to know 2 things:

1- Is it possible to change formations when playin online? And I don´t mean team organization and that new stuff. I mean can we edit our players positions, giving them defensive and attacking arrows and defining exactly what to do and in wich zone of the pitch they play? (like we can do in fifa team management offline)

2- Does FIFA 09 finally have SuperCancel like PES has? Wich is very important to me in a Football game as I´m used to it (and it´s realistic indeed)

Thank you guys ;)

I have some questions for you "hardcore fifa lovers" :) I use to be a PES fan boy but if 2009 is the same as 2008 I will play FIFA because it´s getting better. However I need to know 2 things:

1- Is it possible to change formations when playin online? And I don´t mean team organization and that new stuff. I mean can we edit our players positions, giving them defensive and attacking arrows and defining exactly what to do and in wich zone of the pitch they play? (like we can do in fifa team management offline)

2- Does FIFA 09 finally have SuperCancel like PES has? Wich is very important to me in a Football game as I´m used to it (and it´s realistic indeed)

Thank you guys ;)
\

yes (more detailed than pes 2 with all the other aspects you can also tinkey)

and YEs again

im gonna start a MM game now. My two mates just left, both are buying the game on Friday. One of them hasnt played Fifa since about 98 and didnt even wanna play it today.

Looking forward to it m8!

Damn I would give my arm ... scratch that, my leg for a 6 minute half of Fifa and your friend didn't even wanna play? Next time invite me! :D

Ok, what is the buttons combination to use the super cancel then? And also can I read where it says that we can edit player positioons like in PES, during online play? I need to confirm these 2 things.

Ok, what is the buttons combination to use the super cancel then? And also can I read where it says that we can edit player positioons like in PES, during online play? I need to confirm these 2 things.

I'm trying to get this confirmed by someone who has the game currently, in any case, EA say that you can use both saved formations, and custom tactic settings online. The formation includes positioning, attacking/defensive arrows, and attacking/defensive workrates.

and no, it's L2+R2.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom